AuthorMessage
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

You hit the nail on the head for me sholley...life is going to change forever. I, as with most, if not all of us here, have just battled that battle and ridden that rollercoaster of weight and diets for so long that I am looking foward to this being FOREVER!!!! Exciting, a little daunting.,..but so so exciting.
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2011-07-10

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 7:54 am

Thanks everyone!!

As always, your good wishes, encouragement and knowledge make this journey a whole lot easier to take. I will be asking loads of questions in the next few months I am sure but for now... still dealing with the realisation that my life is going to change forever in around 10 weeks.... and yes, COUNTING!!!

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Bella77
Part of the furniture
Bella77

Female
Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2010-08-04

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 7:00 am

Congrats and best of luck Michelle.

I have just made my appt with my surgeon and see him Oct 6th so not long to wait and his receptionist says at the moment they are booking surgeries in for the end of Oct, so hopefully when I see him I wont have a huge wait for my op date.

I just read from your first post of this thread and your excitement just with making the initial appt...thats me right now. I'm so excited its not funny. I have had a band, had it out, then had a baby, then was booked in for sleeve last year but unfortunately had to postpone...so I have waited a long time for it to happen...and now it finally 2 years after my band came out, it is again...I'm super excited!!.

Good luck with your journey. Keep us posted on how it goes
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
sassyred
Part of the furniture
sassyred

Female
Number of posts : 657
Registration date : 2011-09-01

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Hi Michelle

I'm at the same stage as you - just got a date and all the amazing feelings that go along with realising that your life IS about to change. I'm going in either on Oct 13th or 25th. Today I just realised I may aswell wear even my keep-for-best clothes to work because they will be no use to me in a couple of months. Mind blowing!

so CONGRATULATIONS and the very best of luck. We'll have to keep an eye on each other and watch our tickers start to go down, down, DOWN!

Cheers

Ffion
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 4:03 am

Congrats Michelle!
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 2:21 am

Congratulations Michelle!! It will come by so quickly!
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyFri 16 Sep 2011, 1:43 am

Michelle,

Congratulation's on getting your date.
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

Thanks SassyMummy.... Yes, I am excited!!

I can't even begin to say what this means to me... I'm sure you are all in the same boat. Opportunities to change our lives don't come every day... this is one I have been waiting my whole adult life for!!

I feel like a 'real' member now, I have a date AND a ticker!!! I did put my starting weight in but the BMI did not calculate correctly... not sure what happened there???

Cheers My 'Golden Ticket' 542174

Michelle
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:22 pm

That's not too far away! Bet you're excited!

Time really does fly... I had my date in June I think... and now I'm sleeved. It went fairly quickly (though of course pre-op diet drags on a little... lol).

Best of luck Sholley!
Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: My 'Winning' Golden Ticket!   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyThu 15 Sep 2011, 12:11 pm

I had my appointment with Dr Taylor today and I have a Sleeve Date! Not sure how to do the whole 'ticker' thing but will work it out no doubt.

I am booked in to Concord Hospital for surgery on November 30th.

Again, a HUGE thank you to everyone for all your support, encouragement, knowledge and advice. I think without this site, I still would have been shuffling from one Dr to the next!

WoooHoooo!!! I am SO SO SO excited at the opportunity for a new and NORMAL life!!!

Thanks again

Michelle xx :o)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 10:54 pm

I wouldn't panic too much about the 2 weeks as you live closer he might not make you stay in Sydney. To me it is totally worth it as after doing my research I wouldn't consider going anywhere else. He is strict with his post op diet but he gets the results and has the reputation. Even my own GP from home has used Dr Taylor for a lap band and she has extremely high standards. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

Thanks Kate and Emma!

Kate, it's great to hear from someone that's been where I"m going. I spoke to another woman that I met through ebay and she also recommended the O Clinic and she travelled from Wagga Wagga. It's only about 3-4 hours travel for me.

I didn't know you had to stay down there for the 2 weeks post surgery though? I didn't envision having to take that long off work as I just came back from holidays... I"l have to see what I can do.

Other than that, I'm all excited. Still that niggling little doubter is in the back of my mind saying "something is going to go wrong and you won't be able to have the surgery"... I'm trying to choke that damn doubter!!!

Anyway, better get ready for work... I keep saying 'thank you'.. simply because I"ve never received so much encouragement when considering surgery. My sister is my wonderful and she tells me to go for it... My boyfriend is paying... simply because it's what I want and will make me happy, but isn't really keen for me to have surgery.. My mum, "No comment"... my daughter is fine and my son is 17 and because I'm not a computer he can play a game on.. he doesn't really care one way or the other... I guess if I"m in hospital he has more 'him time' lol!

Talk to you all soon :)

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 10:17 am

Hi Sholley,

I was sleeved by Dr Taylor 9 days ago. He and is OClinic are just amazing. I travelled from Leeton in NSW (about 700km's) from Sydney to see him and they organised all my appointments on the one day, one after the other. Dr Taylor, the physcologist and dietician. They really understand about the logistics of patients that trravel a long way. While I have to stay in Sydney until 5th September post op, it is totally worth it and I wouldn't consider any other surgeon. (Sorry everyone....just my opinion). I have no doubt that you will be totally happy with the OClinic and Dr Taylor. He is a very caring doctor and puts a lot of time into each patient. Good Luck with your appointment.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

That's great Sholley.. That's not far away at all.. Hopefully the wait will be quick for you too.

I can't wait to hear how your appt with your surgeon goes :)
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Not Long Now....   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 9:54 am

Hi again and thanks for all the good thoughts!

Sept 15th at 11:10am I have an appointment with Dr Taylor.... Hopefully from there, I'll find out where I go and when this can all start happening. Excited isn't the word for how I'm feeling...

I just looked at some of you guys in the Gallery and the transformations are amazing! I have dreamt of surgery since I was about 20 years old... 26 years later, it WILL become a reality!My 'Golden Ticket' 390574

Let you know how things go... thanks again

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 4:59 am

Goodluck!!!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 3:00 am

Good luck Sholley!
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 2:46 am

Best of Luck Sholley. Keep us posted. My 'Golden Ticket' 446871
Back to top Go down
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 2:12 am

Good Luck, always remember that it is a tool and you do have to work at it!!

Here's to a sleeve date soon for you!!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011, 2:03 am

yep we all understand and it will work!!

goodluck

shellyxxx

My 'Golden Ticket' 446871 My 'Golden Ticket' 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 10:59 pm

Good luck, Sholley!
Back to top Go down
Sholley
Part of the furniture
Sholley

Female

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 10:32 pm

Well I finally have it.... a referral to Dr Taylor's O Clinic in Sydney. Will ring today to make an appointment for my initial consultation.

I'm so excited on the inside... mild trepidation and an almost 'dreamlike' state wondering "will this really work for me???"...

Will keep you posted. Thanks so much for the welcome and support. Don't really know anyone but know that everyone on here knows exactly how I'm feeling and what I'm on about.

Hopefully, won't be too long now until I actually have the green light and a "sleeve date" My 'Golden Ticket' 487524

Have a great day everyone!

Michelle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My 'Golden Ticket' Empty
PostSubject: Re: My 'Golden Ticket'   My 'Golden Ticket' Empty

Back to top Go down

My 'Golden Ticket'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: