Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) Empty
PostSubject: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011, 2:18 am

Thought I would get the ball rolling on Hospitals theme. I went to Concord Hospital and could not fault it at all. I was a private patient in the Public Hospital. I had the best of care throughout my stay. My bed was near a window with sunny aspect. I was situated near the nurses desk so when I wanted quiet I would just have to shut the door but on the good side I was near the nurses and they were always there when needed. I could not fault them at all. Very competent and knew what they were doing. No comment of food as I did not eat at all anyway. From pre surgery to going home all was good. The only down side was the pre admission which took about 4 hours which was about 2 weeks before admission. A big tick for Concord Hospital from me.
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2011-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 1:35 pm

Hi tash, thanks for your post. i'm being sleeved by dr taylor at concord in november and i'm relieved to hear a good review!

just wondering, do you recall how far in advance you got the letter about your pre-admission appointment? i'm just wondering how much notice i'll. have to gt time off work etc. also what did the pre-admission actually involve?

while i'm at it- did dr taylor have you do optifast or do they use some other type of supplement drink you have to get from oclinic?
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyWed 21 Sep 2011, 11:39 pm

Hi Alice.r Congratulations on your impending sleeve. Dr Taylor is a great surgeon. The letter was sent well in advance but the only problem I had was that the hospital had my old address on their records and sent it to my old house. They called later and had to resend the forms to me. The pre admission was 4 steps with waiting again between each one. Blood test. Talking to a registrar about what would happen on the day. I can't remember the rest but fairly straight forward. The day of my surgery I was first on the list and once I got to the surgery waiting room I was whisked through very quickly.
I was on Optifast for two weeks. After the surgery Dr Taylor told me that my liver was well shrunk which is the whole point of being on Optifast. He also said he had stitched together some muscles near my diaphram while he was in there.
I had no compications whatsoever with my sleeve.
All the best
Tash xx
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyFri 23 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

that's fantastic to hear! thanks! Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) 591767
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyFri 03 Feb 2012, 11:43 pm

I was at Concord Hospital yesterday and i felt the staff could not have been nicer,the waiting around drove me crazy but i was in and out in four hours.I hope they are as nice when i get my op on the 14th.
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 12:45 am

I am sure they will be Marg. Not long to go now. Isn't it great. Will be keeping an eye out for your updates.
Cheers Tash
Back to top Go down
katkins78

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2012-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 6:44 am

I am going under Dr Martin at concord this friday the 10th feb. Am sooo excited. I did some nursing at concord a loooooong time ago, so long ago I hardly remember much about it. But I am any tips etc would be much appreciated. I too am going in as a private patient.
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 7:49 am

Katkins 78 you have not long to go,is that through the oclinic to.
Back to top Go down
katkins78

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

I went in thru Dr Martin privately. I did go to a clinic appt at RPA, but just the one. Anyone got any advice?

Thank u for ur kind reply.
Back to top Go down
katkins78

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 4:47 am

well I cannot fault concord hospital. They were brilliant and caring and they looked after me and everyone on the ward very well. I had a double room all to myself (mind u I was private patient AND I had tested +ve for MRSA in my nose etc...thanks to working in a nursing home). The theater staff were great, the waiting to go in sucked big time. I arrived at 8am, ad went into second waiting area around 12 and into theaater area around 1:30 I think. One of the Drs (anathesiologist) was an absolute cow to my poor hubby who was freaking out already.....she yelled at him for not dropping everything to race my cpap in to me, when we have kids (young kids), I haven't used it for months AND she never used the one we brought over from icu either! Nice huh. Anyhoooo, I probably should have pushed to stay one more night cause the pain has been bad, but I am coping and I cannot fault concord.
Back to top Go down
stacey188g
stacey188g

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-10-26

PostSubject: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySat 18 Feb 2012, 4:23 am

Just had my sleeve done on Tuesday, and can not say in words how nice and kind the Dr's and especially the nurses are in Level One North, they make you feel that you are noticed and that you are well taken care of.

Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) 446871 Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) 446871 Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) 217555 Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) 217555
Back to top Go down
alice.r
alice.r

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyTue 27 Mar 2012, 7:57 am

was sleeved in nov 2011. to be honest, if i had the money and could do it again, id go through a private hospital. i wasn't impressed by the care myself or my sleever roomates got at concord (or the treatment i got from them in emergency when i had to go back on the night of my disharge day due to an adverse reaction to the pain meds).

there were a few fantastic dr's & nurses, but most of the nurses were young trainees (concord is a teaching hospital). one asked us if we wanted anything to eat, one roomate had no drip for 3 hrs when her had tissued out, they couldn't find a vein and it took that long to get dr's there to do it. dr t checked in on us 30mins into her having no drip in and told the nurses to get right onto it but they still took another few hrs after he'd left. there was also issues with them not explaining to us anything about the bag of meds (heavy meds like oxy norm) which they gave us to take home. there were also issues with getting discharge letter and then when we did get it, the letter stated things such as 'tolerated test drink well' and 'regular bowel movements' (obviously use a template). they had never asked me about bowels and i had been unable to finish the test drink due to nausea.
one of the other sleevers in my room also complained to dr t about concord when she went for her post op as she too was not impressed. i've never had private health insurance so i dont feel i had unrealistic expectations of a public hospital either.

having said that, there are others on here that had no issues at all with concord, so maybe its just pot luck as to who you get looking after you. we did have a lot of student nurses so maybe that was part of the prob. although i did receive a message today from a lady who recently got done at concord as well and she was also not impressed with her care and didn't want to return.

dr taylor however is brilliant and i couldn't fault him or his work.
Back to top Go down
griffo346

Male
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySat 07 Apr 2012, 4:51 am

I got out of concord today and i have to say i thought it was good service everytime i needed them they were there :D

only thing i didnt like is waiting to go into thetre like them swinging doors between the op area and the spot where u wait on the bed where they prep u

after the op i came out of the anasetic pretty well i was told :D

but as for a team Dr Taylor and his team where top notch through the whole process
Back to top Go down
Aunty_D

Female
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptySun 18 Nov 2012, 4:39 am

I have just come out of Concord Hospital and I have to say they were absolutely fantastic...

I was a private patient but opted to have a shared room which saved my sanity having company when I had no visitors...

The nursing staff were the best I have ever encountered in a hospital although being very afraid of my doctor (as a couple of them told me they were) probably helped.Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) 65317

No food reviews as I got 100 mls of sustagen on the morning of discharge and only ice cubes prior to that.

As a private patient we got free parking and a free newspaper daily.. A big help to my DH who was then able to come and go as I napped...
Back to top Go down
margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) EmptyMon 19 Nov 2012, 4:30 am

Aunty D i was done at Concord public to never got a choice to have private room,was happy to share as i could look out window and see what was doing outside,i also was done as private patient.I had to laugh at free parking and newspaper,big deal.I thought the hospital was ok until i had my gallbladder done a couple of weeks ago at Mater Hospital with Dr Taylor being my surgeon,it was a fantastic hospital,did'nt need to ask for a thing,nurses and doctors were great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)   Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public) Empty

Back to top Go down

Concord Hospital, Sydney (Public)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Hospitals-
Jump to: