AuthorMessage
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Im now on the other side! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im now on the other side!   Im now on the other side! EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 9:53 pm

Im now on the other side! 446871

Congratulations! You wont know yourself in a couple of months! Best thing Ive done by far!
Back to top Go down
fleastar1977

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2011-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Im now on the other side!   Im now on the other side! EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 2:12 pm

Hey :)
It was great to hear u r all ok, I'm a sookie la la with pain so I'm scared of that part of the sleeve but like u will tell me in a week or 2 how u r feelin so much better it was all worth it :)

How r u now going being at home in your own bed? N how's the getting your fluids in?

When u r up for a chat pm me n I'll give u a buzz n we can catch up :)

Hugs felisha xx
Back to top Go down
psychomum
psychomum

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-04-18

PostSubject: Welcome home   Im now on the other side! EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

Im now on the other side! 446871 Well done comforteater,

It will be the best weight loss journey of your life :)

You have joined a great group of sleevers here on the web.

You can also meet a great bunch of sleevers in person in Geelong.

We are very happy to have join the Geelong Group in person at our next meet up on the 25th of August. Check out the get togethers section nearer to the date.

In a few weeks all the discomforts will seem like a vague dream as you watch the kilos melt away. Cheers psychomum
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Im now on the other side!   Im now on the other side! EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 4:10 am

welcome to the other side!

Slowly does it!
Back to top Go down
comforteater
comforteater

Female
Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Im now on the other side!   Im now on the other side! EmptyTue 26 Jul 2011, 2:58 am

Hello, I am now day five post surgery.

I have a very low pain tolerance.

The first night ( last thursday) was obviously the worst... i had pain underneath my breasts not so much in my tummy (I was told thats from where he had to use a retractor to move my liver out of the way)... I had a drainage tube in tho that pulled and annoyed.. I used my pain button alot that night.. I had to get up to go to the toilet alot (well the camode that they bring to your bed) laying flat wasnt too bad but getting up was bad... and id get hot and sweaty from the exersion.

The next day I was feeling a bit better, was up sitting in the chair having my nebulisers.. and happily chatting to visitors.. I still had my pain pump. I went to an ordinary ward.

Saturday morning my drainage tube came out i was so so scared it would hurt but that honestly didnt. my pain pump was taken away and i was fine from this point on with 2 panadol every four hours. i was supose to be drinking but for me this was very hard.. has taken days for me to tolerate fluids so i had my iv in longer than most people.. its just the weirest sensation. Now i am up to drinnking about 1100mls a day but i sip it in small amounts very slowly.. thats still not quite enough.. need to be able to get to about 1500mls.

Sunday my drip came out (only because it tissued) and I got to take those horrible pressure stockings which were driving me nuts... so i was feeling fantastic being free, could walk around much easier and also pain wise moving around was much much better.

and now Im home!!
still having panadol but now every 6-7 hours.
I have bad heartburn since the surgery so have been put on medication to ease that which has helped alot.
I have discomfort mainly lying down when i breath so I'm still keepin myself a little bit upright to sleep.
I'm so excited to start seeing results.. am not hungry yet... so full with the fluids. I was amazed in hospital when a mug of chicken broth made me feel like i had just had 3 christmas dinners...
I'm still a bit weak and sore but everyday really does get so much better!!

Im now on the other side! 63412Im now on the other side! 64827 just dont want to drink every 5 minutes!! haha

Last edited by comforteater on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im now on the other side!   Im now on the other side! Empty

Back to top Go down

Im now on the other side!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: