wowo0302
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldie oldie

Female
Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2011-06-04

Well today is the first day of the rest of my life Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 11:11 pm

Thanks Frangipani Girl and realme,
I thought I was weird but I am so glad to hear others have a problem with coffee too.
"Heavy" water is still weird though and yes, add a little of something else and it is easy to drink. Tried a Baileys one night and passed on that too.
I will give them all up to achieve what you two have. Great results.
Wowo
You are not far behind me and it sure feels good to jump on the scales and watch the numbers going down. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2010-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm

Hi Goldie,

I also haven't been able to stomach coffee since surgery. I was a big strong expresso drinker and now I enjoy my herbal teas. I have tried to have mochas and even a weak skim latte but it sits very heavy in my stomach. This is also the same with alcohol. I wasn't a big drinker prior to surgery but I don't have any now and don't really miss it. The only thing I had was egg nog at Chrisby's place for Xmas in July and it was lovely.

Realme - You are doing so well. Well done. Only 9kgs to go - this won't take long as is so achievable.

Well today is the first day of the rest of my life 446871 Well today is the first day of the rest of my life 217555 Well today is the first day of the rest of my life 446871
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

Hi Goldie,

I found that I went off my beloved coffee also and now much prefer a cup of tea. Im about 4 months out and I still prefer tea, Im lucky to have a cup of coffee once or twice a week compared to 3 or 4 cups p/day pre op. As for water I find that sometimes I can handle it and sometimes I cant. During the times that water seems to harsh on my tummy I pour a tiny amount of apple juice in it and it becomes much more bearable but Im still struggling to get my water in so I tend to drink some green tea to increase my intake.

goodluck, reading your post reminded me of when I had my operation earlier this year, time flies and I have now roughly 9kg to go and I too thought that the sleeve would not work for me! Its the best thing Ive done, Ive gotten my confidence back and feel so good to be able to wear 'normal' clothes.(I dont mind the compliments either!)
Back to top Go down
Goldie oldie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 12:16 pm

Hi Wowo
I have lost 13 kg since coming home from hospital and I am delighted with the loss. I was sure I would be a failure and not lose anything. I go back for the dietician and Dr's checkup on Thursday and get my personal plate then. (that might help with portion size)
Fluid is not easy and I found water too heavy ??? could drink apple juice, hot choc, or diet cordial but water came straight back up. (strange)
I shudder at the thought of a cup of coffee now, and loved them prior to surgery
Hardest part was learning how much food I could eat. 1/2 teaspoon too much and up it would come. The signs were very subtle but if I didn't pick up on it I would get a heartburn pain then most times would start to bring up a thick mucous.
A meal size for me now is about five teaspoons of food. Not used to that yet but I suppose in time it will become second nature. Haven't felt hungry at all and if I am not careful I will miss a meal and remember it three hours later.

One night in JF I couldn't sleep I was so cold. Husband came to pick me up the next morning and with the car heater on I was asleep in minutes and slept all the way home.
Good luck with your journey.
Back to top Go down
wowo0302
wowo0302

Female
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 4:17 am

Hi Golden Oldie

I also had Dr Layani and found the hospital cold at night. How are you going with your weight loss and sticking to the fluid diet you must be getting to the last week of pureed food. I am trying to use a variety of fluids to have something different to look forward to, it's weird not feeling hungry but I am careful to pace myself so I can get the fluid in.

Thanks for the kind thoughts

Regards Wowo
Back to top Go down
Goldie oldie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 4:08 am

Forgot to ask who your Dr was?
Back to top Go down
Goldie oldie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyMon 25 Jul 2011, 4:04 am

I was sleeved at John Flynn on the 9th June with Dr Layanni. Nearly froze my butt off in hospital, as well as it being cold weather they had the air con turned to freezing. Survived and love my sleeve. Good luck with your journey wowO
Back to top Go down
Mama Foxy
Mama Foxy

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 6:44 pm

Thats awesome news wowo,

I think the huge support makes such a difference!! I think it makes it soooo much easier.
sounds like you are doing really well with your fluid intake, which is a really good start, from other comments
I have read on this forum.
Hope your recovery continues to be easier than you imagined.
I am so excited for my turn.......
17 more days for me........but hey, who's counting LOL.

Take Care,
xoxox
Back to top Go down
wowo0302
wowo0302

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 6:00 pm

Well it is 2 30am and all I can say is thank God for WiFi best $15 I ever spent. Yesterday I managed about 600 ml water 2 bowls clear broth and 2 x 110 ml apple juice so looking forward to going home I had forgotten how very uncomfortable hospital beds are.

Even though I had the set back due to nausea the process has not been too bad the worse was the fear of the anaesthetic which I found quite overwhelming on the day of surgery. I also hated John Flynn s admission process, I was asked to be at the hospital at 10am (I was fifth on the list) then after having obs taken and being dressed for theatre just sat in a chair in a waiting room with everyone else having some type of surgery and it was a four hour wait which just heightened stress. It was a nice room with a TV and the chairs were comfortable but it was just too long.

I have had hardly any pain at all maybe a little discomfort, and getting around is easy. My wonderful mother has cooked every soup in the Knife Fork and Band book and my husband has them all frozen for me. He also went out and got me diet cordial and lemonade to make me ice blocks as so many people here recommended ice blocks and he wanted me to have them without my sugar levels being affected. My son, mother and husband came to hospital with me and waited around all day for me to come out of surgery, my daughter came straight from work and spent Fri evening with me watching a movie and then my sister came and spent all day Saturday with me as well other visitors drifting in and out. All of them came more than once - I am truly blessed to have so much support.

Well this has been an epic post - you can tell I cannot sleep - for those doubting if this is the right thing to do if your major concern is the surgery try not to worry it is no-where near as bad as we imagine.
Back to top Go down
Shazbotzski
Part of the furniture
Shazbotzski

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptySat 23 Jul 2011, 4:31 am

Sorry to hear that you are now feeling sick. Is the4 haedache due to dehydration or the anathestic? Hope you feel better soon.
Back to top Go down
wowo0302
wowo0302

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyFri 22 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

hit a bit of a hurdle with nausea and have not been allowed to drink yet Shocker headache really want to get passed this as over the drip and the uncomfortable bed. No real stomach pain
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyFri 22 Jul 2011, 12:42 am

Are you having crushed ice? Lip balm also helps. Home is always more comfortable but don't rush.

Take care.
Back to top Go down
wowo0302
wowo0302

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

Well I have managed to go to the toilet on my own as well as clean my teeth alone. Still fasting and hating the dried mouth and have a shocker of a headache other than that all is good stomach pain is mild, hope to go home tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 10:59 am

Glad to hear it all went well.

Rest up and drink, drink and drink.
Back to top Go down
wowo0302
wowo0302

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

well I made it through am watching The Block or bits of it between very Long blinks

i
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 7:35 am

Sorry - duplication
Back to top Go down
Frangipani Girl
Part of the furniture
Frangipani Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 7:35 am

All the best with your new journey. You will be fine and you won't believe how well you will cope.

Take care and I hope all goes well.

Last edited by Frangipani Girl on Sat 30 Jul 2011, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Emma1989
Part of the furniture
Emma1989

Female
Number of posts : 1041
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 3:54 am

Best of luck with your surgery!!!

Emma :)
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

Hope you have a speedy recovery, wowo.
Back to top Go down
Mama Foxy
Mama Foxy

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

YAY wowo.......you must be sooooo excited!!!!!

Good luck with the surgery, I hope it goes well!!!

Soon you will be on the other side.....

Well today is the first day of the rest of my life 217555 Well today is the first day of the rest of my life 217555 Well today is the first day of the rest of my life 217555
Back to top Go down
wowo0302
wowo0302

Female

PostSubject: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life EmptyWed 20 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

Well it's here, surgery day I am excited but scared. Once the surgery is over I will be happy, hopefully I will be back online tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well today is the first day of the rest of my life   Well today is the first day of the rest of my life Empty

Back to top Go down

Well today is the first day of the rest of my life
Page 1 of 1