AuthorMessage
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor Empty
PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 3:50 pm

hi lynpat, i am a special one to because i am so big, i have to done all the pre surgery stuff lost 22kg and am about to be sleeved by Dr Thomas, He works out of SJOG in Murdouch his out of pocket is 3000 plus anethisiet. i highly recomend him as a great surgoun, regards Luke
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 10:58 am

hi

Thanks for all your responses. That is interesting about problem ones. I may have a different situation as I have had 4 stomach surgeries over the years all for different reasons but none for weight loss so my may not be straight forward..
Where does Doctor Thomas have his rooms.

Lynpat
Back to top Go down
hopeful1
hopeful1

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 8:57 am

Hi Lynpat

I'm having my surgery done by Dr Alan Thomas at SJOG Murdoch. Now I'm a ex lap bander (twice) and have to have a hiatus repair also. I was booked with Alan as he came highly recommended but a few months ago I went for a second opinion to see Dr Armstrong ( just wanted to know whether sleeve or bypass was the better option for me from a second professional). Dr Armstrong would have been happy to do me if I only had one band but because I had a second (first slipped, second removed didn't work) he refused me on the spot. Then recommended I see Dr Thomas as he has a good reputation for doing difficult cases, plus he has done way more than he has. In fact he said he rings him when he needs help. It was then I told him I was already seeing him. I know many ladies here recommend Dr Armstrong as he is very very good and precise with a no fail rate but he is also selective. Dr Thomas also has a flawless record but is also very versatile and experienced in the "difficult" scenario's and has performed far more surgeries.

Dr Thomas Fees work out to be $3000 after health fund. The anethisiest prices can vary depends on he he uses. Can be nothing up to $950 after health insurance.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 8:37 am

Hi Lynpat,
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the start of your amazing journey.
I'm sorry I cannot help you with your request.
I hope you find all the information you need on the site - everyone is very nice and friendly. If you don't, just ask.
Looking forward to following your journey.
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 5:17 am

Hi lynPat Jons fee was 4800 my phi rebate was 1000 ( I'm with gmf) for the anaesethiest my gap payment was 900 which I paid directly to him. I had no bills from the hospital except for pharmacy.

Hope this helps

Sunnie x
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySun 10 Jul 2011, 3:21 am

Thanks NattyandSunnie

Can you give me an idea of the costs for both of these surgeons.

Lynpat
Back to top Go down
Natty14
Natty14

Female
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Hi Lynpat,

I had my surgery done by Jeff Hamdorf at Hollywood hospital. Both he and Sue Taylor work together at Circle of Care, based at Hollywood hospital. I can definitely recommend him, he is a very warm and caring Dr, and nothing is too much trouble to ask or do. Message me if you want any more info.

Natty14
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

Thanks Sunnie

it all sounds good. Will keep looking into it and make some phone calls tomorrow

Lynpat
Back to top Go down
sunnie
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor 63412 Hi Lynpat I have my sleeve done by Jon Armstrong in May and he was brilliant, can't recommend him highly enough : )) I didn't have to wait that long for my appt and even though I chose to wait until school holidays for my sleeve I'm sure I could have had my op done much sooner. The sleeve is brilliant it takes away food being the main focus in your life and the weight just falls off. My biggest regret is I didn't have this op done sooner!
I have heard of one other person using Jeff Hamdorf but have never heard of Sue Taylor.

Good luck with it all

Sunnie x
Back to top Go down
Hillybilly

Female

PostSubject: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 8:08 am

New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor 697586 Hi I am thinking seriously of having sleeve surgury and my GP has suggested these surgeons

Jon Atmstrong
Jeff Hamdorf
Sue Taylor

I can find some info on Jon Armstrong but not much on the other two. Can anyone help with info and recommendations. Alsp waht are the normal waittimes for appointments and surgery for these Docs.

Also I have considered lap band twice in the past and wasn't comfortable with the whole process so never done anything. The sleeve sounds far more suitable to me -- what do you all feel about the difference.

Thanks
Lynpat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor   New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor Empty

Back to top Go down

New in Perth -- choice of surgeons- Armstrong. Hamdorf, Taylor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: