AuthorMessage
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-08-24

Finally got a number - now I'm scared! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyTue 19 Jul 2011, 12:17 pm

Did I have to wait long for my sleeve or my date?

Been waiting since September last year, because I took out my private health cover then and I got my date recently, but only when I booked my last appointment with him :). There's nothing really stopping them from pencilling you in for a date, they can always change it :)
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female
Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyTue 19 Jul 2011, 11:55 am

Yep he's mine! I am looking forward to getting a surgery date now that everything else is in place! Hopefully it will be in September.

Did you have to wait long for yours jaime?
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyTue 19 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Ian Michell slimmer??

YAY I am so happy for you!!! I only have one appointment left and it's Monday next week! I already have my surgery date though, if you are going through Ian, then when you call for your last appointment with him, the girls on the desk should be able to pencil you in for your surgery date :).
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyTue 19 Jul 2011, 9:31 am

Approved! Got a phone call from APRA today and they had re-assessed my application and it was approved! Letter in the mail!

I am sure glad that I went with the re-assessment option rather than the more information option!

Now I just need one more appointment completed and a date. Woo hoo.
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyTue 19 Jul 2011, 6:15 am

That is the same letter I got, exactly the same wording. I am glad I challenged it if yours was fine and mine is not!

We must have the same surgeon :

It annoys me that they ask for more information and more waiting when they didn't state that they needed it in the first place
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 12:50 pm

Hey slimmer

Well it sounds like they are very nit picky for some and not others! I definitely think they are being precious :/

I only sent in 2 letters, one from my GP and one from my Surgeon. I didn't have one from the anaesthetist but my total cost is $3400 and the Surgeon stated that on his letter.

Surgeon letter ...

Dear ****

This is to certify that Jaime **** is suffering from a life-threatening illness (Morbid-Obesity - current weight 135kg) and requires surgical management in the form of blah blah blah. Such treatment is not readily available in the public system.

Please approve early release of Jaime's superannuation benefits so that she can access appropriate treatment for the aforementioned condition.

To have the procedure at Epworth Hospital, Richmond, Victoria, she needs $3400 to be released from her superannuation.

Yours sincerely

My GP's letter says the same, I got him to copy the Surgeon's letter lol.

Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyMon 18 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

APRA has responded. I sent the surgeons letter and the doctors letter and the full 21 days later they have called back saying that the surgeon's letter is not sufficient and they need a breakdown of all costs - gas guy, surgeon and PHI - even though I have rung them twice to make sure they have enough information.

When I explained to the very nice girl on the phone that the surgeon's letter had the total cost of what I was asking for (I will pay the PHI and the pre-appointments myself) she said that it would be another 21 days to get it re-assessed!

I complained a little that they only asked for the two letters in the form and nothing else and she agreed and said I should maybe ask her if I wanted it reviewed by a senior assessor and if I requested that course of action it would take two days.

I notice in my letter it is not a quote wording as such, it just says it is "life threatening", "not readily available" and "please release xx dollars from her super for medical treatment of this condition".

Did I need to attach an actual quote or APRA being precious?
Back to top Go down
Jaime
Part of the furniture
Jaime

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptySat 09 Jul 2011, 7:24 am

Hey slimmer!

I emailed my application and 2 letters on May 24th and 21 working days later, I was approved with no hiccups. The only thing they questioned was $6000 savings, which is my Dad's (I live with him) and had to put it down on the household costs etc.

Try not to stress, some will tell you that this happened and that happened to them and to be prepared to wait such and such amount of time if it does happen to you etc, but try to be like me and not let other peoples experiences get you in a panic or make you feel down. I applied with a positive attitude and didn't get my hopes up, so that I wasn't setting myself up for disappointment.

Best of luck with it all and I look forward to hearing you say YAY I'M APPROVED! lol
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyThu 07 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

good luck slimmer, mine was loaded on the 17th of June so apparently i find out around the 15th, i even kissed my application good luck before i sent it lol!!
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyThu 07 Jul 2011, 12:02 pm

Thanks Benbelle. We're in the same boat. Oh those little expensive luxuries like "food" "mortgage" and "childcare", oh how I love them!

By the calculation I should have an answer by the end of the week. When my GP was writing the letter and I said I was worried I would get knocked back he told me that they can't knock back because it is life threatening. If it is medical and urgent (which is what he put in the letter) and I can honestly show no other way to pay in the short term, they have to approve it.

Of course, that is me grabbing onto the positive part. If they come back with a no then I'll just have to work out some other way!
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyThu 07 Jul 2011, 10:38 am

You should tell them if they come back with "save more" that is why you have the superannuation fund as it is the only money the govt can't take from you in taxes lol.

My OH is on a high salary BUT once we pay the mortgage , bills , rates and try to have luxuries like food, we have nothing left at the end of the month .
Back to top Go down
benbelle

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyThu 07 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

Hi Slimmer,

The 19 days start from the date of receipt, that is what i was told yesterday. I submitted mine on the 27th June, was told to ring back yesterday only to be told they were only just uploading the emails from the 22nd. But not to panic because they take the 19 days back to the date of receipt, so fingers crossed you should hear any day now :-)
Back to top Go down
slimmer

Female

PostSubject: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! EmptyThu 07 Jul 2011, 10:10 am

I put in my request to Apra on the 20th June. Finally got a letter today saying they had received it. I rang last week and apparently it was still in the line to be allocated.

Can anyone tell me if the 19 days starts from the date of receipt or he day you get your number?

I am worried that it won't be approved. Between DH and I we earn a fairly high income but pretty much all our cash is tied up at the moment. We probably could afford it next year but it seems like such a long wait when I need it done now.

Do APRA ever respond with "save more"???? Finally got a number - now I'm scared! 716201
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got a number - now I'm scared!   Finally got a number - now I'm scared! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally got a number - now I'm scared!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: