5 posters
AuthorMessage
lisagraham
lisagraham

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-06-20

help with food and drinks Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks EmptyTue 12 Jul 2011, 9:34 am

I am 3 weeks post op today and I have been eating / drinking - soups, mashed potato w' broccoli and Cauli with a bit of gravy, milo, mince, porridge, watermelon, pineapple. I also tried 4 spiral pastas and just made sure that i chewed and then strained through my teeth before swallowing. Today I tried cruskit with cream cheese and avocado, cause that's what I made my son for lunch and it went down well.
I have now lost 10kgs in 3 weeks and am very satisfied.
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Paity10
Part of the furniture
Paity10

Female
Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

I'm 4 weeks post op....

I'm eating mashed potato, pumpkin, meat, chicken, BUT just as long as it's all going through the blender... :) It's not much... But at least I'm getting some protein in.

I'm also having scrambled eggs, soups, custard, yoghurt, cheese..

I've tried bread but that just doesn't sit well, nor does toast !!!! I have mainly water but getting the 1.5L in is very hard.

Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 7:19 am

thanks kate and caz i cant stand soup, i hated it before op and it was hard enough to do the first 2 weeks on just soup. i tried so many differnt versions but just dont like it:( fuss pot i know:)
Back to top Go down
Kate
Top Poster
Top Poster
Kate

Female
Number of posts : 2162
Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 7:06 am

I haven't had my op yet but I know a little about nutrition. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a qualified anything but have had a lot do with nutrition plans. You can try freezing natural fruit juices. If you buy the ones with no added sugar the calorie intake is lower. Natural sugars are burned up easier by your body than normal sugar. From memory there is even a brand of ice blocks (the ones in the plastic tube that aren't frozen in the supermarket) that are all natural juices. This may help with your energy levels as well. Fresh juices are always better for nutrition purposes but aren't always practical. Even though we all strive for a low calorie intake a certain amount of sugar is needed to help us function properly. That's why Dr's always say to have flat lemonade when we are sick and not eating anything. Hope this helps and you are feeling better soon. I'm sure my turn will come and I will be exactly where you are now. From others I have spoken with it doesn't last forever. Hang in there.

Regards Kate
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 6:33 am

I wouldn't be worrying about calories at this stage of your recovery - you are eating so little that it really doesn't matter.

Have you tried soups? Basically at five weeks the best things are meals that are "wet". I found some Asian-type things worked well, or nourishing soups etc. Perhaps have a look back through people's diaries and see what they were eating at your stage. I know I recorded it in my first diary. Often the "allowed" foods don't go down well, but other things do.

Re icy poles, I'd just go with ones from the supermarket - choose the ones that are the lowest calories if you are worried.

All I can say other than that is that this stage will definitely pass. You won't know yourself in three months.

Hugs - hang in there.

Caz
Back to top Go down
killerbabe82
killerbabe82

Female
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks EmptyWed 06 Jul 2011, 6:27 am

hi i am 5 weeks and 2 days post op, i am struggling with foods and drinks, i am getting sick of drinking coridial, water is still hard to drink, i cant drink anything milky as it makes me sick, and i am trying to stay away from juice to lower calorie intake, so does anyone have any advice on differnt cold drinks to have for some variety?

also i have tried chickem, mince, and heaps more that are on my allowed list ect and it makes me feel horrible and some times vomit, i am living off bannas, cruskets with philly and smoked salmon, ham or anchovette paste, and its getting to a point to where i just want something differnt thats low fat but wont make me sick. can anyone help with what they are eating, things that are light, low fat as my tummy is taking longer to eat normal than others.

i really thought it would be alot easier than this now at 5 weeks but still finding it hard, some days i am so tired and lathargic from lack of good foods i think. my starting weight was 167kgs and i am now 151.6kgs so i am very happy with that but it would be nice to feel normal again.

oh and does anyone have any recipies to make low kj icy poles as when i am feeling auful i have a tropical frosty fruit icy pole and it helps make me feel better, i was wondering if there is a way to make them myself very low sugar/fat ect.
thankyou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with food and drinks   help with food and drinks Empty

Back to top Go down

help with food and drinks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: