chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Got skinny stomach and going forth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got skinny stomach and going forth   Got skinny stomach and going forth EmptyThu 20 Nov 2008, 9:37 pm

Hi Jo
Sounds like you're doing well. Don't worry about the fluids - just keep drinking as much as you caon - it won't be too much.
Chris
Back to top Go down
ang
ang

Female
Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Got skinny stomach and going forth   Got skinny stomach and going forth EmptyThu 20 Nov 2008, 10:37 am

Well done Jo, sounds like you are on the slow road to recovery. I am 8 weeks post op today and it gets better every week. Still can't drink a lot of fluid at once but remember to sip. Found water icy poles good and refeshing. Went out for dinner tonight to Cafe Primo and had 6 mouthfuls of a childs serve of pasta with bolognase sauce. Glad you can get a doggy bag!! Take your time with the different " food " stages. Found thin soups, Up and Go drinks really good at your stage. Your body will let you know when it is full.
Good luck and enjoy your weight loses.
Ang
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Got skinny stomach and going forth   Got skinny stomach and going forth EmptyThu 20 Nov 2008, 9:58 am

Hi Jo,

Congratulations on your surgery. I'm sure you'll find it a big improvement to the band.

Don't worry about drinking too much as you will only be able to drink what you can and this won't stretch your new stomach. Most of us find that we can't drink the amount we are meant to anyway and the fluids do tend to go straight through and is not going to sit in your stomach and expand it. Just keep on sipping away and you'll be fine.

Good luck and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

steph
Back to top Go down
jcjfsm
jcjfsm

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Got skinny stomach and going forth   Got skinny stomach and going forth EmptyThu 20 Nov 2008, 9:26 am

Hello All

I had the sleeve op on Monday 17/11/08 at SJOG Subiaco so this is now day 3 of my new skinny life. I am now my first day back in a rented apartments on fluids (baby food watered down) and feeling very tired and looking liike a pin cushion. I have 5 incisions and the doc was great as she used all the old scars from the band. There are no stitches and they look good. So I am not looking like a patch work quilt. I just thought I would tell evyone my first few days and hope it helps others.

Operation Day - I arrived at 7am and I was late going in (~10am)as the fellow before had a complication. I found out that I did not have a hiatus hernia and that I had a lot of scar tisue behind the stomach from the 3 months I had the band last year so the op took a lot longer. It was good that I didnt do this op after the band removal last year (exactly one year ago). I had a long time in recovey and my O2 sats where low. and bad left shoulder pain. I also had to use the bed pan... how embarassing. I also had a very bossy nurse constantly asking me to wake up in recovery and after in the ward. I didnt get to the ward till about 4pm.

Day1 - I had a lot of pain when swallowing and very bad integestion/reflux .. the drugs soon fixed that. I was up and about and had a shower on my own but it was short lived and I was feeling very off. I was not allowed to drink anything other than ice until I had a xray with the aniseed flavoured liquid which gave me pain afterwards and made me feel very nauseaus. But no leaks... so all good so far. I had difficulty talking as I was taking in more air. I had the lovely stockings on, hepfron injections and leg pumps which felt really good.

Day2 - I still had reflux/pain but not as much and a hell of a lot of bloating, burping and wind. I even had a BM compared to the band this seemed easier. The only poblem was my oxygen sats were way down and a chest physio had to see me as I was still not doing well but its probably my asthma. I also spoke to the dietician fom the hospital and also rang my dietician. I then sip sip sipped. Had a try of some apple juice and vegi broth. I sent the jelly back as we are not allowed to eat. I can sleep on one side now. I had to swallow some tablets which was better than with the band as I had to crush them then.

Day 3 - Feelling heaps better walking blocks of the wards. Had tea and rejected the very oily broth and then had apple juice..... gosh I hate apples. I am very restless and cant sleep. I have been discharged and I am on full fluids and will see the doc next week. I am very frightened of drinking to fast and drinking too much, as I have no idea what is my capacity is . I also am feeling very weak and very tired.

So thats me so far , living it up at rented apartments in Perth acnbt wait to go shopping and see santa with my daughter and then I am at a friends house till I fly home next week. Two days at home and back to work. So far my solids have been panadol. trymodol, simoc and maxolon. yep I loves those tablets.

But I am looking forward to christmas dinner or mush.

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got skinny stomach and going forth   Got skinny stomach and going forth Empty

Back to top Go down

Got skinny stomach and going forth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: