Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PHI for sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHI for sleeve   PHI for sleeve EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 4:18 am

Since you are the only one having the surgery, just get PHI cover for you.  But there is still a 12 month waiting period.  If you pay for the surgery yourself, get PHI (before or after the surgery) then get a leak, it could be determined a pre-existing condition so you won't be covered.  However long you take it out for depends, but sometimes just having the once off surgery doesn't end there.

For example:  Lapaband in, lapband out, sleeve, emergency bypass, bypass revision then gallbladder removal.  So that's 6 surgeries in 2 years.   That's not counting the times I have been re-admitted for complications or all the tests etc.  But I am also one of the lucky ones, some have been re-admitted around 3 x per month due to complications.
Back to top Go down

PHI for sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHI for sleeve   PHI for sleeve EmptySun 01 Jun 2014, 3:50 am

I worked out that for me to have surgery with PHI, the cost will come to something like $8,000 or there abouts.  Without PHI, it's around the $22,000 mark.  Way much cheaper to have with PHI and just wait the 12 months.
Back to top Go down
Jasbean
Jasbean

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PHI for sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHI for sleeve   PHI for sleeve EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

Hi OutbackThunda,

I'm from Central QLD too. Just talk to the ladies in Dr Russells office they should be able to help you out with that question. In all honesty though PHI for 12 months works out ALOT cheaper! Good Luck with your journey. I hope it all works out for you!
Back to top Go down
outback_thunda

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-06-17

PHI for sleeve Empty
PostSubject: PHI for sleeve   PHI for sleeve EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 6:28 am

Hi ladies,

Probably the stupidest question you will probably ever read.

I have my appt date with my surgeon on the 25th August, I don't have PHI to cover the sleeve surgery but want to have it to cover a LEAK if it should happen. Can anyone tell me do I need to take out Family cover for 6 month sor can i just take out singles cover for me for 6 months?
Thanks PHI for sleeve 369315
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PHI for sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: PHI for sleeve   PHI for sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

PHI for sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Medical Finance Companies-
Jump to: