11 posters
AuthorMessage
raspberryswirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-04-21

cheapest and current prices in australia Empty
PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011, 11:27 am

i was done by dr ben teague in adelaide, he is $2800 if insured and that includes everything (minus the excess if applicable)
not sure on the price uninsured sorry :(
Back to top Go down
barbie
Part of the furniture
barbie

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyThu 23 Jun 2011, 12:40 am

Thanks Fraggle, I'll do that. I have the numbers here already, so I'll ask my sister-in-law, she works at medicare.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:53 pm

I was able to claim a tad over $800 ($600 from Medicare) for the sleeve itself, and about $400 ($300 from Medicare) for the anaesthetist. Ask your surgeon for the procedure numbers, you should be able to take them to Medicare and find out how much you'll get back.
Back to top Go down
barbie
Part of the furniture
barbie

Female
Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2011-04-01

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:42 pm

I thought medicare doesn't pay for anything for gastric sleeve. Please enlighten me. As I am being done on 14 Nov. That is what my surgeon said.
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 2:05 pm

yeah i claimed it all :) some health insurance some medicare :)
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

Were you able to claim any of that back? I paid $1100 up front and can claim $400-$500 back.
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

very odd! LOL

oh i only paid $450 for the anatheist (cant spell it!)
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

kazlikesgreen wrote:
does it make it more?
I was done on a monday :) nothing like starting your week with a bang eh!

I don't know how much it costs on a Monday so I can't say, but it was $1100 for the anaesthetist on the Wednesday I had mine done.
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

does it make it more?
I was done on a monday :) nothing like starting your week with a bang eh!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:57 am

kazlikesgreen wrote:
Fraggle wrote:
rizzo wrote:
Hi Brian,

I am getting done by dr Justin greenslade at the qe11 Hospital.

You're in safe hands, he did mine this month too.

I had mine done by Greenslade as well but at Greenslopes. All up I think I was about $2000 out of pocket and I have the LOWEST cover with HIF!

I was about $3600 out of pocket, getting done at Greenslopes (on a Wednesday - apparently that makes a difference).
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 11:41 am

Fraggle wrote:
rizzo wrote:
Hi Brian,

I had mine done by Greenslade as well but at Greenslopes. All up I think I was about $2000 out of pocket and I have the LOWEST cover with HIF!
Back to top Go down
kittykat
kittykat

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 7:47 am

Hi

What a bummer about having to find a new surgeon.

I have been sleeved by Dr Nolan (Gold Coast) and I've reached my goal weight now. Definitely recommend the sleeve to anyone and its the best thing I've ever done. In terms of Dr Nolan I checked out his fees again just to update myself and he is approx $5,700 if private (surgeon, anaesthetist) and if uninsured approx $19,500 (hosp, theatre, surgeon etc). Initial is $200 and follow up $70. I've always been bulkbilled for follow up visits. His dietician is great and so are his lovely ladies.

Glad you found another surgeon and GL with your appointment! Let the weight loss begin! All the people on here are lovely and full of information.
Back to top Go down
surfy41
surfy41

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: thanks for all your help, i have just made new qappointments is going cost about 9000 about 7000 less then last surgon thanks all and gl    cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 7:55 am

kellyjmiddlebrook wrote:
Hey Brian,

I'm at the Gold Coast. I shopped around and found Dr Nolan. it is costing me $5800 including the nutritionist, anaesthetist and Dr Nolan including his assistant. I also had two appointments with Dr Nolan first, one at $200 and one at $160 (approx, the figures aren't in front of me). But, I have PHI and I still think this is a lot! Dr Nolan charges about $6000 to $9000 just his fee for non-insured from memory, and then there is the anaesthetists which I have no idea uninsured.

There was also Dr Layani who was around the same price. Justin Greensdale in Brisbane was about $600 cheaper, but by the time I found him I'd already spend money on the initial visits and worked out changing then wouldn't save me anything.

My brother went to Malaysia and had a sleeve for $10,000 including the week in hospital, four days accommodation and tests beforehand and a few days following the op in a special type of accommodation where his wife stayed with him. He was so astounded at the care and attention they paid him that he went back a year later and had abdominoplasty with the same Doctor. He raves about the health care standards being above what he has experienced in private hospitals here. He is a CEO of some section with IBM and has very fine taste, so I trust he knows divine treatment when he gets it! The only reason I didn't do the Malaysia thing was my husband wouldn't agree as he is always away and we had no one to look after the kids while I went overseas, plus I have PHI. If you want details on that I can see what I can get from my brother. Good luck!
Kell
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 2:01 am

Thanks Fraggle. What hospital were you sleeved at? How many nights were you in hospital?
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 12:56 am

rizzo wrote:
Hi Brian,

Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 10:18 pm

I am getting sleeved by Justin Greenslade at qe11.
initial visit 140 received 70 back from medicare. So it cost me 70
3500 to greenslade for surgery. will get some back from medicare after the op.
600 for anethetist. haven't paid yet. will get all back from medicare.
350 per night in hosp. have to pay for 3 nights so will cost 950. Haven't paid yet
than about 4000 for prothesis. haven't paid yet. will get some back from medicare.
I am uninsured.

so far. 140+3500+950+600+4000= 9190
9190 - medicare rebates =????????????? Have only collected 70 from initial visit. Have to collect rest after op.

You don't get any money back for the hospital stay so 950 no rebate
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 12:24 pm

I had mine done in Geelong with Dr Goodall-Wilson for $1500 out of pocket expense and anaesthetist $ 600 out of pocket...had top PHI which helped...but still the best price from what I have read
and service great
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

hi
mine was about 4k out of pocket after phi
i'm in sydney with dr talbot
hth
mel
Back to top Go down
kellyjmiddlebrook
kellyjmiddlebrook

Female
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

Hey Brian,

I'm at the Gold Coast. I shopped around and found Dr Nolan. it is costing me $5800 including the nutritionist, anaesthetist and Dr Nolan including his assistant. I also had two appointments with Dr Nolan first, one at $200 and one at $160 (approx, the figures aren't in front of me). But, I have PHI and I still think this is a lot! Dr Nolan charges about $6000 to $9000 just his fee for non-insured from memory, and then there is the anaesthetists which I have no idea uninsured.

There was also Dr Layani who was around the same price. Justin Greensdale in Brisbane was about $600 cheaper, but by the time I found him I'd already spend money on the initial visits and worked out changing then wouldn't save me anything.

My brother went to Malaysia and had a sleeve for $10,000 including the week in hospital, four days accommodation and tests beforehand and a few days following the op in a special type of accommodation where his wife stayed with him. He was so astounded at the care and attention they paid him that he went back a year later and had abdominoplasty with the same Doctor. He raves about the health care standards being above what he has experienced in private hospitals here. He is a CEO of some section with IBM and has very fine taste, so I trust he knows divine treatment when he gets it! The only reason I didn't do the Malaysia thing was my husband wouldn't agree as he is always away and we had no one to look after the kids while I went overseas, plus I have PHI. If you want details on that I can see what I can get from my brother. Good luck!
Kell
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

I was done by Dr Craig Taylor from OClinic Sydney. I paid $9000 approx for everything including all the followups Dietician Psychologist etc. That was for self funded, No PHI at Concord Public Hospital.
Hope this helps
Tash

Last edited by Tash on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rizzo
rizzo

Female

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 5:46 am

Hi Brian,

Back to top Go down
surfy41
surfy41

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-01

PostSubject: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 5:36 am

hi i am in brisbane , and was about to get done via sunny bank clinic only to find out dr brauwn is finshing up on friday,
so need a new surgon
i am paying cash and have to insurance

please help if can brian
0401 646 904

or

surfy41@hotmail.com have already dieted via shakes ect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cheapest and current prices in australia   cheapest and current prices in australia Empty

Back to top Go down

cheapest and current prices in australia
Page 1 of 1