5 posters
AuthorMessage
Peta
Peta

Female
Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-04-10

from stress eater to no appetite!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: from stress eater to no appetite!!   from stress eater to no appetite!! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 11:48 pm

Hey Rowdy, I've got a couple of stressful things going on in my life at the moment too (external from marriage). And like you, I would have coped with food. But that isn't an option anymore.

Are you aware that the part of the stomach that they take away has the hunger hormone in it? That is the reason why we are never hungry anymore. I don't know about you, but my taste buds have changed. I use to love anything sweet. I would have 3 sugars in my cup of tea. I tried that they other day and nearly threw up! Just too sweet.

Good luck with it all. It is a new adventure for all of us. By the way, I am saving a packet of money not buying the food to feed my stress!

Pete x
Back to top Go down
beccyboo78
beccyboo78

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: from stress eater to no appetite!!   from stress eater to no appetite!! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 9:32 am

Good question Rowdy. I too have wondered at how I shall react to stressful situations once sleeved and food is no longer a comfort. Are you finding other ways to relieve the anxiety?
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   from stress eater to no appetite!! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 8:24 am

You are doing really well. I ate from stress, but don't now, maybe the focus is elsewhere and coping in another way besides eating.

Keep up your good work.

It is good you asked the question, it not only helps you but others who have hesitated to ask such a question. It is a learning curve for all of us. Even if we are not experiencing the same thing, we hve an insite that can help.

So Bravo!!
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: from stress eater to no appetite!!   from stress eater to no appetite!! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 6:24 am

Hi Rowdy,

Maybe you are carrying the stress another way now? I ate for stress, for pleasure, for reward- you name it. Now I don't have much of an appetite either. Food is no longer a stress reliever (since we can't cram it all in anymore) so our bodies are probably pretty smart and decide to make us react in other ways like crying or being more emotional or actually EXPERIENCING the feeling rather than burying it under food. I was surprised a couple of times post-sleeve at the strength of my reaction to things which pre-sleeve would not have fazed me at all. I think I'm evened out now, but then I have not had a MAJOR problem such as you seem to be experiencing.

Your vomiting etc (when not overeating or eating too fast) sounds like a nervous tension- if it's not an obvious physical thing. You know- like people throw up before a speech or at a wedding etc. Nerves?

Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: from stress eater to no appetite!!   from stress eater to no appetite!! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 4:17 am

I am a notorious stress/emotional eater...this is a fact, hence, I may not have needed sleeve surgery for morbid obesity...?
the reason I am writing is to touch base...my hubby and I are going thru a very stressful situation (external to our marriage...) and normally when I get stressed I eat, and lord do I eat...! but for some reason I have lost my appetite and do NOT want to eat.
I know I should not complain but it is a very bizarre concept for me...if I do eat I then just feel nauseous and sometimes vomit (not from overeating or eating too fast)
has anyone else experienced a change in their normal pre-sleeve stress coping mechanism?

don't mean to burden anyone just curious
cheers
Marg

from stress eater to no appetite!! 697586 from stress eater to no appetite!! 595690 from stress eater to no appetite!! 427584 from stress eater to no appetite!! 833240
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: from stress eater to no appetite!!   from stress eater to no appetite!! Empty

Back to top Go down

from stress eater to no appetite!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: