6 posters
AuthorMessage
purplehaze
purplehaze

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 9:26 am

Hello again, I have had a look at the link Kalgirl put in below and it covers everything on my documents plus more so it may be more beneficial to you all. Go in and have a look. I'm still trying to work out how to attach something? (host on image) however I would also say that you should all consult with your surgeons/dietician on any informaiton you read. I'm feeling fairly secure in what I have read on this site and on the internet as it aligns with what I have been given and told but I am also going to see the dietician next week in the lead up to surgery. Thanks Kalgirl and Trace
Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton 65317
Back to top Go down
tracefromspace
Part of the furniture
tracefromspace

Female
Number of posts : 201

PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptyTue 18 Nov 2008, 3:09 am

Hi All,

I also got great information from my surgeons dietican that I dont think I should publish. It did occur to me though that for pre-op people this should be a deciding factor in who you choose to do your surgery. Make sure you have enough information before you make your decision.

Trace
Back to top Go down
kalgirl
Part of the furniture
kalgirl

Female
Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2008-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptyMon 17 Nov 2008, 12:00 pm

we're all obviously internet savvy, so we should be doing our best to find as much info about what our needs will be post-surgery.
there is so much information out there, and tho it does differ, it's only minutely.

my surgeon has an excellent pre and post surgery booklet, but he has a copyright on it, and i love the bloke so damn much
i'm not willing to type his stuff out word for word.

i've posted this link for another member recently. i liked this site, as it outlines a clear 4 stage progressive post-op diet that is easy to understand.
for any american product mentioned, a local one should be easy to source with a pharmacists advice, or better yet,
a home made substitution you have made yourself.

Post-op diets
Back to top Go down
Molly

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptyMon 17 Nov 2008, 11:21 am

Purplephaze - that would be gr8 (i get done on Monday 24th - 1 week today) and have been given nothing about post op.. I only got the pre-op instructions last week (after i already started on the Opti) so i had 2 days of just shakes & nothing else except water (didnt know about vege / salad allowance) what a hard way to start that diet let me tell you..

Thanks for sharing that info

Molly.. Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton 618285
Back to top Go down
Annden
Annden

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptySun 16 Nov 2008, 12:43 pm

I would also love a copy Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton 355206
Back to top Go down
Rowena
Rowena

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptySun 16 Nov 2008, 7:15 am

i would love a copy please xx
Back to top Go down
purplehaze
purplehaze

Female
Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton EmptySun 16 Nov 2008, 6:59 am

Hello Thinside and everyone. This is a copy of what I have been given by my surgeon

Pre Surgery: Optifast (2 weeks)

Post surgery-
Phase 1: Fluid phase (first 2 weeks)
After the Tube Gastrectomy operation is performed a 2 weeks perios is allowed for the scar line (shere the staples are) to heal, hence only fluids can be consumed for the first 2 weeks.
The appropriate texture of a liquid is a consistency that can be consumed through a straw and is completely smooth (no solid components).

Calories consumed during phase one is not of concern. Weight loss is not expected until phase 2 is commenced.
Fluids can be consumed at any time, whenever hunger or thirst is experienced.
Commence takin a soluble multivitamin - Supradyn once a day, the day after surgery. Supradyn can ve purchased from Coles, Safeway, Priceline or your local pharmacy (may vary in another country).

Phase 2 - Transition phase (Week 2 onwards)
The transition from fluids to a normal diet is expected to take between 4 and 6 weeks. The time frame is dependnat on the degree of swelling that occurs as a result of surgery. In summary, there is no urgency to return to a normal diet. An individuals tolerances will determine the pace.

Long term lifestyle changes are required to maximise the weight loss results (to reduce hunger and slow the pace of eating) include
To eat slowly - 20-30 minutes must be allowed to successfully consume your three main meals a day. It is best not to do a second activity while eating as you can easily be disctracted and swallow the food before chewing adequately. For example try not to eat and drive, eat and read or work at the desk while eating.
This continues with more details regarding..
  • The main issue is the speed of the eating
    Volume of food
    Do not eat and drink simultaneously
    Generally there are no problem foods
    Vitamin supplimentation

Also a list of issues to consider. I can scan this to send if anyone would like a copy.
Hope it is useful. Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton 63412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton   Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton Empty

Back to top Go down

Tube Gastrectomy Dietary Informaiton
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: