Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smileysoon

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-04

band to sleeve surgeons? Empty
PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve surgeons?   band to sleeve surgeons? EmptyMon 06 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

I'm in Barooga southern NSW i was banded in Wangarratta but at this stage not sure where i'm heading for the sleeve. My lap band surgeon was no gap as well and i guess i presumed there were a few surgeons who did that...but apparently not, and especially so if you've had bariatric surgery before - too many complications....still doing research atm.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Krikkit
Krikkit

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve surgeons?   band to sleeve surgeons? EmptySun 05 Jun 2011, 10:54 am

My band Dr won't do the sleeve, I asked and he said he would do it for me. But, I wasn't happy with the lack of experience, so I found another surgeon who can do both and prefers to remove the band himself, I guess its his guarantee that he knows what he is dealing with upfront.

Where are you located?
Back to top Go down
kgbird

Female
Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve surgeons?   band to sleeve surgeons? EmptySat 04 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

I was banded in Ballarat and sleeved in Melbourne by Mr Michell and he didn't indicate at all it was a problem. He did say he would request my file from my band surgeon but in the end don't think he bothered and we had no issues. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve surgeons?   band to sleeve surgeons? EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

I was banded in Bundaberg and sleeved in Brisbane. Dr Greenslades knew my band surgeon & that he didn't do sleeves. I'm sure there are slot of Dr's who wouldn't have a problem with it.

Z
Back to top Go down
smileysoon

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: band to sleeve surgeons?   band to sleeve surgeons? EmptyFri 03 Jun 2011, 1:31 pm

Hi All,

I'm wondering who has been banded and then sleeved by a different surgeon? My lap band surgeon doesn't do sleeves and i've called a few different surgeons to do the op and they don't like taking on any patients that have already had bariatric surgery by someone else.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Smileysoon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: band to sleeve surgeons?   band to sleeve surgeons? Empty

Back to top Go down

band to sleeve surgeons?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-