12 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySun 01 May 2011, 7:00 am

I hope so, I don't even know what my goal IS! I wanted to be normal BMI, and that will be in another couple of kgs, but from there I don't know - I am fairly happy where I am.. would like to lose another 5-10 but my hips already stick out so I am not sure where it will come from.

The family lives in australia, I am working overseas.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 10:40 pm

By August you'll probably be at goal so you will have lost even more Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! 446871

I definitely think 45+kg is going to be noticable Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! 427584 If they're picking you up at the airport see if they recognise you before saying hello.

What country does your family live in, Emily?
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 7:49 pm

My family lives in a different country and it will be almost exactly a year since I have seen them when I go home in August. At that point, I was 3wks postop. I have lost 45kg since then - I expect a big ta-da!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 12:23 pm

I just realised the title of this thread changed and I have no idea how. Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! 697586 It wasn't me.

It's good to know I'm not the only one wanting to do the big reveal Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! 878453 It sounds like there's going to be a whole lot of very surprised people out there over the next year or so.

I just wanted to say that it's not like I'll be deliberately staying away from my family for those 6 months, they live a long way away, so although I won't be going out of my way to see them, it might have worked out that way op or no op. My parents live 6 hours away, brother lives about 12 hours away, so it's not like I can just pop over after work. If only.

Good luck everyone with shocking the s**t out of your friends and family!
Back to top Go down
gottarhyme
Top Poster
Top Poster
gottarhyme

Female
Number of posts : 3826
Registration date : 2011-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 10:49 am

Size 14s are getting a bit sloppy on me...Tah Dah! As they say, nothing tastes as good as thin feels, does it?
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 9:23 am

Every day for me is a "tah dah" for myself! Fitting into clothes ...no medication... feeling so much better.

Go for it if you want Fraggle, but there will be many of those sweet moments in the months to come... so don't keep away from good family in the meant time.
I see different members of my family often and it's still "tah dah" - and they can be so supportive and complimentary at all stages of your loss.
Back to top Go down
ClothesShoesDiamonds..Yay

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 5:48 am

Shrinking peach - how exciting to be able to do that with your hubby. It sucks that he is away...but you must be majorly excited! I'm excited for you..lol
Back to top Go down
Shrinkingpeach

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 12:51 pm

I am going to be able to do the tah dah thing to. A mini one in june and then a big one at the end of the year with my husband. Its the ONLY good thing about him being away at sea (he is in the navy). Just wanting to lose as much weight as possible before he gets home is really good motivation to get to curves and to walk on the treadmill and really watch my food. I will also be able to tah dah my parents and sister and all my friends back in adelaide. Yay for moving interstate for my husband. Majority of people in my life will get to see my tah-dah!!

So i dont think you are crazy at all, ill be hidden away working my butt off with you. I am really looking forward to suprising everyone, even myself with how much i can lose by the end of the year!!
Back to top Go down
ClothesShoesDiamonds..Yay

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 12:13 pm

I'll be doing a "mid-way" tah-dah in July. I will be about 3.5 months post sleeve.
Today i have had my new tummy for 6 weeks. So far i have lost 13.4 kilos. I am already getting comments about how much weight i have lost and I am hoping that by early July I will have lost another 15- 20 kilos making a loss of around 30kgs. I wont have reached my target weight but it still should be a pretty big tah dah.

Maybe you dont have to wait until christmas - you could have several Tah Dah moments between your sleeve and christmas. Good luck with your journey! I have loved mine so far. For me i am now focussing on more exercise and better nutrition!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 9:02 am

I wish I could do the whole Ta da... But I see my friends all the time and I see my family all the time.. I could maybe do like little Ta Da's but that's about it... I am thankful that I am getting the sleeve done in winter so that I can get away with wearing baggy clothes and sort of hide the weight loss, that way and then when spring and summer come along I cant start wearing tighter//smaller fitting clothes and have a little Ta da...
great idea about the TA DA surprise I am skinny...
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 7:50 am

Good for you Fraggle. Sounds like a really exciting thing to do. My family live close by so there will be no tah da with them but possibly with some of my friends who I will not see for quite a while.
Actually one of my friends has just got real strange and has backed right out of my life since I told her I was being sleeved. I am a little sad about it but then I think that my health and happiness is more important at this stage than staying fat buddies together which is what I think it may be.
Oh well. I am sure the dynamics will change over time with a few relationships as i go along.
I have made so many new friends here on this site though which is really great.
I can't wait myself to be able to do a few Tah dahs later in the year.
Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! 878453
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 7:32 am

Smurfy wrote:
Fraggle go for it if that is what you want.. it will be pleasant for you and a little of a thrill; though saying that you have to weigh up whether your Dad would be more pleased to see you at his birthday.
I'll be seeing him for his birthday, it's the week before I'm sleeved. That will probably be the last time I see him and the rest of my family (apart from Mum) before Christmas.
Back to top Go down
rowdy
Part of the furniture
rowdy

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 4:56 am

No way...Tah Dah's are what makes all the hard work worth it...I can't wait to do the Tah Dah thing with my family...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 4:08 am

I have had folks not recognize me, which is a pretty big tah dah. The only thing about not seeing your Dad for several months is that, well, you won't see your Dad for several months. My Dad died two years ago, at a much older age, and I am so grateful I did see him just before he had his final decline.

Maybe you could just not wear form fitting clothes until the big reveal.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 3:32 am

Sounds great the Tah Dah ... thing. I have always been on the outer of my family; even though all the males are huge as I once have been... all the females are smallish. Seems they have always been embarrased to be seen around me ever since i was approaching my teens. The family lives afar and I seem them very rarely, went home a couple of years ago and the best I got to see them was a couple of hours as they always make excuses for not meeting me. (Cannot be seen in public) I plan to make another trip in the next year or two (maybe after the International meetup, next year) and I am going to do the Tah Dah bit; even if it is only for an hour or so. I will enjoy myself even if others do not. Got off the beaten track here with my rambling.

Fraggle go for it if that is what you want.. it will be pleasant for you and a little of a thrill; though saying that you have to weigh up whether your Dad would be more pleased to see you at his birthday.
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 2:21 am

My family and most of my in-laws live a fair way away, so I naturally will get to do the tah-dah when I see them, and I can't wait!! (Particularly considering I am newly sleeved, so am hoping for a big drop by the end of the year)

I think it is a good goal to set yourself, maybe a little extra motivation too, for those moments when you are feeling a little 'weaker'.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 2:18 am

Don't know about a Tah Dah moment, but I know when I went on a business trip to Singapore & the USA I heard a few people's jaws drop on the floor when they saw me! One guy even screamed at me from the other side of the cafeteria!

So it is well worth it!!!

:-)
Back to top Go down
Lifechange
Lifechange

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2010-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 1:24 am

As my family all live in NZ (apart from one brother) they have not seen me since the week before my surgery when I was in NZ for dads funeral.

They have seen a couple of photos but not full body pictures. My brother and his family arrived last week and after seeing me in October weighing 50kg more they were really blown away. The only downside is they told me I have lost enough and I was busy explaining I just want to lose a few more and that will be it... I am going over in June to see my mum and rest of the family. Will see my husbands family at xmas time if not his mum and nana next month.

So........I think it is good that you want to do the tah dah as even though I hate the attention it does make you feel so great to have your efforts rewarded!

Good luck x
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! EmptyThu 28 Apr 2011, 1:01 am

It's my dad's 60th birthday in a few weeks and I will be heading out to see my folks (they live about 6 hours away) for his birthday party. My surgery is less than a week after it and my mum will be coming down to stay for a few days to look after me in the early stages of my recovery. But other than that I have decided not to see them again until Christmas. Not because I don't want to see them, but because I want to do the big TAH-DAH!! at Christmas when I go out for the holidays. I kind of want to do that with my friends too. And my brother and SIL, who don't even know I'm having the surgery.

Did any of you guys do something similar or am I setting myself up for a failure?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!   Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment! Empty

Back to top Go down

Am I crazy? I want a "Tah-Dah" moment!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: