10 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

one question!! bithcontrol pills Empty
PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptySun 01 Apr 2012, 7:21 pm

Yeah I had local cervical anesthetic injection in gyne office for insertion because she had to dilate a little. Although they tell you there is no systemic absorption of hormones from Mirena, it's not true - my boobs grew about 4 times bigger (which was good because wt loss made them invisible!) and I did gain a couple of kilos but I can still lose them pretty easily. The only negative side effect I see is that you get unpredictable discharge for 3-6 months post insertion until your cycle decides what it's doing, so that's annoying to have to wear pantyliners every day "just in case". But 5 years of no-thinking contraception is amazing, and it's the most effective temporary measure.
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyTue 13 Mar 2012, 12:12 pm

Sorry I made a mistake, I had a local anasthetic injected at the cervix for first insertion of mirena. Second insertion was under GA as I'd had a D&C (so obviously neded the first mirena removed before that could happen!).
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 3:55 am

Sedation for mirena? I've never heard of that before. Mine was just inserted in the gyn's office, no sedation, no pain relief. It was 'spikey' but not that bad.
Back to top Go down
kat in a hat
kat in a hat

Female
Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyMon 12 Mar 2012, 12:06 am

well i have been using the nuva ring the whole way through (including while having the surgery itself!) so i can't really say whether it has slowed my weightloss but i don't feel as though it has.

i can't take the pill because i would just forget to take it for 4 days and then freak out, and this would happen quite regularly. (i'm not good at remembering to take any pills on a daily basis, including multivitamins)

i like the nuva ring because you are getting a much lower dosage of hormones compared to the pill and its set and forget for 3 weeks (you leave it in during sex) and i don't really get much of a period anymore if anything. Most dr's wont give me an iud because i have never had a child, apparently it can damage you if you haven't.
Back to top Go down
green stargazer
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 10:44 pm

I have PCOS and my GP recommended the Mirena instead of the pill.

I didn't go down that track because I only needed temporary birth control after surgery ... (we're now trying for a baby), but I would have gone that way if my circumstances were different.

Back to top Go down
J9
J9

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-01-25

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 12:24 pm

Hi guys
I had my mierna put in at my GPs without any sedation ( maybe we're just sadistic in the west). It wasn't pleasant but but wasn't too bad, and worth it for 5 yrs birth control, without all the systemic effects.
J9 x
Back to top Go down
mj78
mj78

Female
Registration date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm

Hi, some people are sensitive to hormonal contraception (ie me!). I stack on the weight no matter the type. I too have the mirena (far safer than traditiponal copper IUDs), very cost effective at $35 for 5 years of contraceptive protection. Downside is you need to have it inserted under at least twilight sedation. Can be removed in doctor's rooms though!

I think my gynae told me that Mirena has lowest dose of hormone secretion. There is also the nuva ring, which is like a non-stretchy rubber band that needs to removed at certain times (sorry can't recall all details). To avoid all weight gain isses, nothing beats either the condom or the diaphram (?spelling).
Back to top Go down
Synna
Part of the furniture
Synna

Female
Number of posts : 436
Location : That twilight space between sleep and consciousness
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

Can't speak for bc pills, but I have a mirena and its great!
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptySat 17 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

Got a MIrena instead.. am terrible at remembering pills. Local release of hormones = less effect on weight.
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyTue 22 Nov 2011, 6:25 am

I think it's water retention.

I'm also the same - I actually gain weight when on it but feel like a swollen whale.

I've heard that the Yaz pill is best for water retention.

Does anyone else have ideas?
Back to top Go down
LittleJess
Part of the furniture
LittleJess

Female
Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyThu 17 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

Hi all,

I know this thread is from a few months ago but I just started the pill again (3wks) and my weight loss seems to have come to a grinding halt... Scorpion, did you find out anything more?? Would love peoples opinions... THANKS!! :)
Back to top Go down
scorpiongal
scorpiongal

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 4:30 pm

aquarius wrote:
Some contraceptives cause you to retain fluid - but it doesn't mean you're not losing fat in weight loss though. You're probably finding your clothes looser even if the scales don't reflect this weight loss.

I'm going to try the Brenda pill as it's meant not to have so many side effects as others do. I'd suggest you chat to your doctor about some alternatives.

All the best!
well thanks for your reply, yes i do feel a lot of inches coming off.
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 9:49 am

Some contraceptives cause you to retain fluid - but it doesn't mean you're not losing fat in weight loss though. You're probably finding your clothes looser even if the scales don't reflect this weight loss.

I'm going to try the Brenda pill as it's meant not to have so many side effects as others do. I'd suggest you chat to your doctor about some alternatives.

All the best!
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyWed 27 Apr 2011, 12:18 am

Hi Scorpiangal,

I am on the pill, didn't stop taking it, doesn't seem to have effected my weightloss. If you are worried though, you should ask your surgeon.

Fishyoutofwater
Back to top Go down
scorpiongal
scorpiongal

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

hi all
i need help, are u all back on ur birthcontrol pills.i kind of notice since i started back on them the weight has not been coming off fast enough....helpppp..by the way hi to all am from the cayman islands....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one question!! bithcontrol pills   one question!! bithcontrol pills Empty

Back to top Go down

one question!! bithcontrol pills
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: