Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keridwyn
Part of the furniture
Keridwyn

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyMon 30 May 2011, 12:50 am

PiercedMumma08 wrote:
I was worrying that sometimes I can fit in a fair bit of food. I just panic that my sleeve is big as Dr Lockie said my stomach was naturally very large. *panic* *panic* *panic*
He has reassured me a million times that they remove 2/3 of the stomach, relative to the size of the stomach. So this would mean a fair bit of mine was removed, but God how much is left!!!!!
Im just having a big panic today and a worry about all of it. HELP
A better question to ask yourself is even if you could eat more one day WHY do you want to? Part of the journey (for me has been) learning to eat when hungry not because it is x time of the day, because we can or even because we emotionally feel we need to.I have no full button at all. I could over eat my sleeve since very early out. Every day I try remind myself not to. Its not easy and its actually harder to tackle than the idea of surgery in some ways but I feel it is an important part of the journey.
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptySat 28 May 2011, 8:56 am

14km a day? Holy moly. Well exercise isn't a problem then.

If that's your photo with your message, you look like a model now anyway - you should be congratulated for your weight loss and good health.
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 10:08 am

Well I've actually been walking 14 kms a day.
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyFri 27 May 2011, 9:50 am

SamiB wrote:
i myself am very concerned about this... i still need to lose 30 kilos and have gotten to the point where i'm considering duromine again or banding the sleeve purely because i'm desperate !!!!

does anyone have any ideas ?
HELP !!

S Xx

You can't expect to lose all the weight in a year. Unless you're exercising like a mad thing (eg Biggest Loser) it's just not going to happen that fast. The better attitude is to see the sleeve as a life-long 'diet' and so losing weight might take a few years.

But if you need to lose the weight for a special event (eg wedding) then you've gotta get tough with yourself and get into the exercise. Exercise is a much better option than to get further surgery. And better for your health too. Invest the money you would have spent on an operation on a personal trainer or a treadmill instead. I've just bought a treadmill for $2300 - cheaper than band surgery!

Best of luck to you.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyTue 24 May 2011, 2:38 pm

i myself am very concerned about this... i still need to lose 30 kilos and have gotten to the point where i'm considering duromine again or banding the sleeve purely because i'm desperate !!!!

does anyone have any ideas ?
HELP !!

S Xx
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
Grart
Grart

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyFri 20 May 2011, 12:06 pm

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on 07April2011 and have had a relative easy time of it. I too sometimes can eat more one day to the next. I find if I eat carbs my weight loss slows down, so I have been concentrating on protein where possible. I have figured out how much I can eat without feeling uncomfortable and am generally doing okay! I have over eaten once and had a bit of a panic as I felt some pain in my stomach and thought I was going to vomit! Haven't done that again!

I think this is the best thing I have ever done for my health.

Six weeks yesterday since sleeve and lost 17.5kg and feeling great; 30kg to go.
Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 63412
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyFri 13 May 2011, 11:52 pm

this is really interesting for me as it echoes what I am experiencing 10mths out.
I can defo eat more now than say at 2 -3 mths out. The max I can eat in one meal is 7oz and that is something like mince meat, denser proteins are less, 5oz. Thank goodness I can feel the restriction and I have learnt when to stop... it is a weird feeling to leave food on my plate!

I also agree that protein fills me for longer, but I am not 'frightened' to eat some good carbs these days, especially when I need the fibre as I suffer terribly with constipation Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 427584 !!
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyThu 12 May 2011, 10:47 am

Protein is more dense than carbohydrate so it takes longer to digest. This is why high protein diets work so well. Then, of course, oily/fatty foods slide down nicely, such as chocolate or crisps, which means they are an easy type of food to eat with a sleeve or band unfortunately.

I think eating a combination of protein and carbs is the most sensible way to eat - so you can still have some fibre (from carbs), but stay fuller for longer with the protein content. It's not easy when you fill up quickly though - I also eat beyond comfort most days but I seriously doubt we can do any damage or 'stretch' the stomach. However over years, this may happen, not sure.
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 10:08 am

Some days i think my tummy is huge like today i manage to fit in 5 pieces of sushi i ususally can only do 3 at the most and of course other days i can barely eat anything at all but grazing thats another thing

hugs sue
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyWed 11 May 2011, 3:39 am

Hi,

Don't forget that the denser the food or liquid you put in the faster you will fill up.
Water is pretty light weight and you can actually put a fair bit in. Food however is a different matter.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyTue 10 May 2011, 1:20 pm

Oh Fishy thank you for replying and giving me a little piece of mind! We were sleeved similar time frame so maybe it's just me being paranoid!

Keep up the great weight loss too - fantastic! Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 217555
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyTue 10 May 2011, 12:21 pm

I can easily drink 250ml in 20 mins.... have been able to since about 2 weeks out.

I am sure you are ok.... although there are people on here who will know if it is possible for sure.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Big Softie

Female
Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyTue 10 May 2011, 12:02 pm

I am 3 weeks sleeved and ate way too much last night - I was so uncomfortably full but wasn't physically sick.

This morning I drank a berocca 250ml in about 20 mins - can you stretch your sleeve with a big meal the night before or am I paranoid.

Maybe my sleeve is bigger! I failed badly with my band, now am I failing my sleeve too?

Z
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 1:52 pm

I really do think its so odd how one day there is more capacity than the next... even eating the same thing. Also agree that I can eat far more in carbs than protein.
I'm just shy of 6 months and still sometimes get frustrated how little I can eat in a meal, though do think I have a little more capacity than say 3 months ago.. but I expect that, given they say full capacity is at 12 months out. All the more reason I want to reach goal before then... but to be honest I am hoping that I do eventually have a little more capacity after reaching goal.
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyFri 29 Apr 2011, 10:29 am

When did you feel like you could eat more? I'm nearly 4 months out and I still can't eat much. Some days I feel so frustrated with the tiny amount I can eat and usually feel so stuffed and uncomfortable after a meal.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 4:37 am

Yes and No.... I know I do eat a lot less of a "main meal" but the snacks are a problem... especially the naughty ones - discipline is still very hard... but I am gradually getting there!
Back to top Go down
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 2:05 am

I too find carbs go down extremely easy. I'm trying to limit them cause I am and always have been a carb eater...although since I had my sleeve, I dont really enjoy pasta anymore..used to eat alot of pasta now I rarely have it.

Been eating rye bread when i eat bread as it's more filling so i eat less.

Stuff like cakes, white bread ect seem to go down eaier than anything else...thats not good.

Packed a few hot cross buns away over eater Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 595690
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 10:18 pm

Sometimes yes but most times no. In our house burrito's are a huge favourite which we can 2-3 times a week, boring I know. So one night while sitting in front of TV I ate a whole one I have meat, salad, beans and cheese on mine okay took me about 30 mins but then the next time I only fit half. Yesterday it was fluids I drank so much most ever since the sleeve. For me I think it swings in roundabouts.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 10:13 pm

Well sometimes i think its too big.

But dinner last night was 1/2 and egg and 1/2 a chicken kebab (a stick one not a doner kebab).

So i was full after that and reminded that sometimes more will go in than others.

I think ive just been feeling a bit guilty as Ive been eating a few bits of easter goodies here and there.

Whoops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptyMon 25 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

Hi, Piercedmumma.

I find that carbohydrates go down very very easily and in much larger quantities than protein. So, the amont I can eat depends in great part on what I am eating.

Hope this helps,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptySun 24 Apr 2011, 11:36 pm

well you are doing a hell of a lot better than me. We were roughly the same start weight. I had my sleeve just over 2 years ago and still am not under 100Kg.

When I read what others on here can eat and what I can eat I am pretty damn sure mine is bigger. Not that I mind to be honest, but would dearly like to get under the 100kg.

It's entirely possible, it just means I need to work harder and the last month I have lost 2 kg so i know I can do it cause the effort was not 100%.

On the plus side, I have kept off what I have lost (almost 50kg) and thats a first in my life.

I have no idea why I am like that as others who had the surgery with the same surgeon as me have had better results and seem to be able to eat less.

and yes, some days i can eat alot more than other days!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptySun 24 Apr 2011, 11:01 pm

I can also put a fair amount of food away each day especially when grazing, but still not large amounts at meal times.

What I used to cook for dinner 12 months ago, I still cook the same sized meal, and thats all I can fit in, so know my sleeve is just fine.

PM your weight loss is fantastic, you are doing so well, and I see you are now under 100 kgs!!
Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 217555 Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 542174 Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? 446871

Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptySun 24 Apr 2011, 10:42 pm

I can eat so much some days that I panic, and then other days I just can't physically fit much in - just depends!

Maybe you can do the rice cream test to measure your capacity? Maybe even just to compare with others might ease your mind a bit?

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t3117-rice-cream-test
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? EmptySun 24 Apr 2011, 9:37 pm

For those of you who know me, you know Im quite the panicker.

I was just worrying about regain and not getting to my goal of 70 kilos, another 28 kilos to go.

I was worrying that sometimes I can fit in a fair bit of food. I just panic that my sleeve is big as Dr Lockie said my stomach was naturally very large. *panic* *panic* *panic*

He has reassured me a million times that they remove 2/3 of the stomach, relative to the size of the stomach. So this would mean a fair bit of mine was removed, but God how much is left!!!!!

Im just having a big panic today and a worry about all of it.

HELP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?   Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you guys ever worry your sleeve is too big?
Page 1 of 1