The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

Oh what great parents, very lucky to have such great support around you.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female
Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 12:42 pm

*Lib* wrote:
Just be careful D that they'll let you take the money if its POST op, rather than preop. Not sure they'd let you take it out if its already been paid for IYKWIM?
IDKWYM

I think you can still access your super if it's already been paid for, but this is something I'll discuss with APRA closer to the time if it's looking like I won't get the money before my surgery. I think I allowed 9 weeks from the time I put the form in to the operation date, but I have to pay the surgeon a fortnight before then and the anaesthetist a few days ahead. I feel like even leaving that amount of time is cutting it close.

I rang APRA today to make sure they'd received my application but I forgot about daylight savings and they were closed. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 7:43 am

Just be careful D that they'll let you take the money if its POST op, rather than preop. Not sure they'd let you take it out if its already been paid for IYKWIM?
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 2:04 am

*Lib* wrote:
Thats great D!

At least I know if APRA stuffs around and takes too long to give me an answer then Mum and Dad can pay it up front. Then when APRA approves it I could pay them back. I hope it doesn't come to that but it's good to know I've got the option.
Back to top Go down
want2beme

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-12-04

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 12:44 pm

Hey that is fantastic news!!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 12:10 pm

Thats great D!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:20 am

Meghan wrote:

That's great news Fraggle!

My mum did the exact same thing, she helped me more than she knows by her generous offer. And then, when it came time to pay her back - she told me to just pay half! I <3 my mum!

Way to go Meghan's mum!!! I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 446871 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 446871 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 446871
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:11 am

I paid my gap from the money my Mum left me in her will.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 10:09 am

LMAO!!!!! (lohan reference)

My mum was awesome, once I explained to her what it was...lol.

My dad, god bless him, contributed financially. I used some of the money he left me in his will.
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:56 am

D'Girlz wrote:
That is great that your parents not only understand your decision, but support your decision as well. Thay are angels!!!!
They have been super supportive from day one. OK, so they're not so keen about some of the possible complications (but let's face it, who is?) but like my mum said, they've watched me struggle with my weight my entire life and they know how unhappy it makes me. I'm not a parent but from what I hear it's pretty much every parent's wish for their child to be happy and healthy (Lindsay Lohan's parents excluded), and they can see that having this procedure will make me both. It's got to be a big relief for them.
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:54 am

That's great news Fraggle!

My mum did the exact same thing, she helped me more than she knows by her generous offer. And then, when it came time to pay her back - she told me to just pay half! I <3 my mum!
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:51 am

That is great that your parents not only understand your decision, but support your decision as well. Thay are angels!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fraggle
Fraggle

Female

PostSubject: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! EmptyTue 29 Mar 2011, 9:48 am

My mum rang me today to find out how I went in a job interview I had this afternoon (I think I did ok) and after a bit of general chatter she asked me how I was going to pay for my sleeve. I said I had applied to have my super released and that I was waiting to hear back from APRA and that I should know in a couple of weeks. She said that her and Dad had been talking about it and they would like to lend me the money for the op and I can just pay it back when I'm ready. She said that Dad really wouldn't be keen on me using my super to pay for it.

I thanked her for the offer and said I would think about it, but would wait until an answer back from APRA.

But how nice is it that they offered?! I'm so chuffed! It means a lot to me that my folks are so on board with this.
I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 217555 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 217555 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 217555 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 217555 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 217555 I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! 217555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!   I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I HAVE THE GREATEST PARENTS EVER!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: