angelface

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-24

6 days post op... Empty
PostSubject: 7 days post op   6 days post op... EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 8:28 am

Hey fellow newbies,
6 days post op... 473426
I totally feel you!!!! I am not so much in pain anymore, but i was in agony the first three days asking myself what i had done. I was sleeved on the 18/2/11.

I still find it uncomfortable most times i eat or drink anything. I feel full too quickly, before i realise. I am eating slowly, but still learning when to stop.

I cannot lie on my stomach or side either. When ever I roll onto my side it feels like i am crushing something. I get scared im going to pop a staple lol.

Where are you guys up to in your diets? I saw one of you had prawns already?? I am trying to find interesting but low effort ways of including mushy pureed protein. hard for me as i am intolerant to most dairy. But having avocados, tuna mushed, soup and baked beans mashed.

Let me know where you are at.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

6 days post op... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 days post op...   6 days post op... EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 6:40 am

congrats your on the other side!!!
i think its hard for alot of people so hang in there!! its a huge change
so take remember it gets better and is sssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooo worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs shellyxxxx
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

6 days post op... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 days post op...   6 days post op... EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 3:46 am

Hi Chookyness, I was done nearly two weeks before you, and I still get a little tired if I do too much. Walked home from the shops yesterday (OH dropped me off) and dropped in a heap when I got back; didn't seem like I did very much, didn't feel like I did but was utterly exhausted on getting back and had to have a sleep. I found with each passing day you do improve, but I have noticed my tummy from the bruising is a little sorer now than earlier on; maybe as the bruising is starting to come out. I was so over fluids by the end of my two weeks; just finished the Stage 1 of the Transitional diet; and today I have been hanging out as Day 1 of Stage 2 of Transitional Diet; I ate two & a half prawns for lunch; I was drooling, wanted more, but couldn't fit any more in, such a change from fluids. YOu are only two weeks behind me, it won't be long now. There are some good receipes on this site for nourishing fluids which help in diversity. It will get better, take one day at a time. Take care.
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

6 days post op... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 days post op...   6 days post op... EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 3:22 am

I think just about everyone here found the first week hard. I imagine you're on the couch or in bed most of the time still. Try reading some of the diaries. They'll remind you of the day-to-day improvements that everyone had.

If it helps, you're over the worst of it now, and in a couple more weeks you'll be feeling WAY better!!

6 days post op... 217555
Back to top Go down
Chookyness

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-02-12

6 days post op... Empty
PostSubject: 6 days post op...   6 days post op... EmptySat 26 Feb 2011, 2:30 am

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that found the first week hard. I'm on clear fluids for a whole week, then starting nourishing fluids for another two weeks.

My incisions still hurt and I can't sleep on my side, feeling a little sorry for myself. Every twinge or feeling worries me incase I have a leak...

Wondering if it does get better from here??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

6 days post op... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6 days post op...   6 days post op... Empty

Back to top Go down

6 days post op...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: