5 posters
AuthorMessage
kittycat
kittycat

Female
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Satisfying thirst after sleeving Empty
PostSubject: Re: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptyThu 23 Oct 2008, 9:44 am

I found small iceblocks really good . It was hard the first few weeks to get the water in but don't worry it gets alot easier to have water. I'm 0 weeks out and can half a glass of water and then wait 5 minutes and have the other half.
Catherine
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptySun 19 Oct 2008, 11:47 am

green, just the staples rusting in your tummy hehehe sorry I just so had to say that :) I had a funny colour as well. Liked dried blood. it went away. Thirst I agree icy poles and you will find you can swollow more water at room temp. It was warm today and I have been so sick the last few days so getting to feel rather dehidrated it made a HUGE difference in the last few hours to change to tap water I am getting so much more into me.

You do tho over time manage lots more than when you are starting out. I struggled with 100ml and I mean struggled with it. Now I can easily do 250ml of room temp water. I can not do the same with a thicker drink like milk or a cold one. They take time to get down.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptySun 19 Oct 2008, 4:38 am

Hi Ann
Sounds like you're going okay. Check out the BM thread that Nic told you about, and the icy poles should help.
I also found that chewing gum helped my mouth stay moist.
And that warm drinks went down easier than cold, even though icy poles go down easier than water. No suggestions why, that's just what I found.
Hope this helps you some.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Annden
Annden

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Thirst thirst   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptySun 19 Oct 2008, 2:54 am

I've just sent my husband to get me a box of icy poles, so hopefully they'll work. Its a major learning experience isnt it. My birthday is on 26th November, which is one day after the mushy phase finishes, allowing me an eensy weensy celebration mail for my birthday (after all its my 60th!!! Satisfying thirst after sleeving 542174 )
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptySun 19 Oct 2008, 2:40 am

i just found it here is the link

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-post-op-page-f4/about-constipation-and-bowel-movements-with-the-sleeve-t66.htm
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptySun 19 Oct 2008, 2:38 am

hi annette

All you can really do is constantly sip on water....the further out from surgery the easier it is to have water or cordial. Im now 16 weeks out from surgery and i have no trouble drinking a full cup at a time.
On the BM side of things yes it is very normal to have weird BM's after the op...there is a whole thread dedicated to this, have a look in post op i think its there.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
Annden
Annden

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving EmptySun 19 Oct 2008, 2:29 am

Hi everbody,
Annette from Perth here. I got sleeved on 14th Oct and am home now and recovering. One of the things I have problems with is thirst. As the weather warms up, how do we keep hydrated. I am thirsty all the time and cant drink enough at any one time to satisfy the thirst. Also (and this is gross), did anybody else have dark green stools after their first bowel motion after the op?? Any ideas appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satisfying thirst after sleeving   Satisfying thirst after sleeving Empty

Back to top Go down

Satisfying thirst after sleeving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: