Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
pipette87
pipette87

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2011-10-05

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 4:33 am

I just realised this week that when I sit down in a chair at our Kingdom Hall my thighs no longer brush the arms of the chair!

Non Scale Victory 65317
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptySat 25 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

Had an OMG moment this week. I was getting ready for work and realised as I was looking into the mirror that I could see really well defined collar bones! I was like OMG - where did they come from????
Non Scale Victory 878453 Non Scale Victory 878453 Non Scale Victory 878453 Non Scale Victory 878453 Non Scale Victory 878453 Non Scale Victory 878453 Non Scale Victory 878453
Back to top Go down
Letmeout

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 29 Sep 2011, 2:42 am

Hey guys,

Played my first game of netball last week in 17 years!!! At the age of 41!!!!!

Pulled up pretty good considering I took a fall on my butt and twisted my leg.

Also am now wearing the size 14 jeans from Target that I bought 7 years ago and only wore a few times. Now that is an awesome feeling.
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 1:33 pm

LMAO Ganesh!!!! Told my sister and she also LHAO!!!!!

So excited - tried on my sister's size 16 pants and top today - they fit me!!!! OMFG!!!!! I am now the same size as my sister! NEVER been able to say that!!!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 4:59 am

That is so funny!!!

Trust me, you'll become obsessed with your collar bones, ribs and hipbones! I'm pretty sure most of us have.

:-D
Back to top Go down
ganesh11
ganesh11

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 28 Sep 2011, 4:52 am

Laying in bed and feeling a lump in my side

OMG ive got a lump! *freaking out*

I ask my partner...look check out this lump!

"its your Rib Cage silly"
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptySat 17 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

Being in New York and shopping.....$$$$

Buying an evening dress in the PETITE section.....PRICELESS!
Back to top Go down
Letmeout

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptySat 03 Sep 2011, 8:27 am

Go girls,

Smiley, how exciting to be in skinny leg Levis! I am on a fitness push now, as I am still wearing my size 18's from Rockmans, can fit into my Target 14's but they are just a bit snug for good looks, so kicking around in the baggies for a bit longer.

RoadTripMama, I still love a good movie, but am also more motivated to finish my IT course, so instead of taking off for a flick on my Fridays off, I am trying to stay at home and get some study done instead. Have started some short spasmodic jogging on my walks though, and even though have NEVER been a runner, feels great to be able to do even this.

I too, have woken up from sleeping on my back, and my hubby hasnt complained about the snoring for quite a while, so I am pretty sure it has improved.

Awesome work!
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptySat 03 Sep 2011, 8:18 am

I had the most amazing NSV this week

I bought my first pair of REAL Levi jeans.... skinny leg ones.

I feel and (if I do say so myself) look amazing Non Scale Victory 542174
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 12:31 pm

That is fantastic roadtripmama - isn't it great having a life again!
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 04 Aug 2011, 3:44 am

Finally got around to my NSV (other than reaching my healthy weight range) by going horseriding with my daughter. We

had an awesome day and she hasnt stopped talking about it.I think this could become a regular thing for us to do

together and I'm really glad that its an active thing too...not just shopping or movies or junkfood.

Would I have even thought of doing this pre-op. No-way.

Deb
Back to top Go down
TerryN
TerryN

Female
Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyMon 01 Aug 2011, 11:18 am

I went to buy some new shoes yesterday and I have gone down a whole shoe size. So now my size 10's don't fit Non Scale Victory 878453
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture
Lozza (takitaki)

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 1:03 am

Isn't it wonderful how something most of us take for granted, can be such a life changing event for others.

Congrats on the less snoring and being able to sleep on your back. Non Scale Victory 446871
Back to top Go down
taueret
Part of the furniture
taueret

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-02-28

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 28 Jul 2011, 12:50 am

This thread is so great, it really cheered me up after my super-irritating talk with the surgeon yesterday (recap in my diary).

My offering:

I can sleep flat on my back!

Previously, my snoring in ANY position was so terrible that I couldn't share accommodation on trips, and could barely share a bed with my hubby. I could not lay on my back, even awake, as I couldn't breathe. If I started to fall asleep in that position, I would jump up suffocating. Now I can sleep peacefully on my back! It's so nice! My hubby says I'm not snoring any more, not even on my back.

This is a HUGE deal for me- snoring like I was was very humiliating for me, not to mention unhealthy and dangerous. YAY!
Back to top Go down
Josie2
Part of the furniture
Josie2

Female

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 27 Jul 2011, 10:14 pm

Yesterday I was able to take my wedding ring off for the first time in 4 years and I didn't even have to use soapy water to do it!
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 11:05 am

Woohoo!!! Thats great Fishy. Sounds weird but I am really glad your pants are falling down!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 21 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

OK, another episode of falling underwear.... so not a good look!! So another pair of undies bites the dust!!

I put on a pair of cargo pants that I hadn't been able to fit into for the last 2 years. They started fitting me about a month ago. So, I put them on, and walked into the kitchen. The trouser legs are dragging on the floor and the waist of my cargoes are slipping down onto my hips.... so into the salvo's bag they go!! Woo hoo!!
Back to top Go down
Success4Sure
Success4Sure

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-04-24

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: So inspirational   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

I have just enjoyed reading all these posts on this thread, what wonderful stories and achievements, I am only 2 months into my journey but have already begun to enjoy the NSV, such as being told how 'hot' I look on the dance floor when out with the girls, but the best ones came today when my 18 year old son told me I was looking skinny - can you believe it - SKINNY. The other was trying on a size 16 pair of shorts in Noni B' only to have to go get the 14 off the rack wooohooo

Like some many of you I can't believe I have waited so long for this, and feel like my life is begining all over again.

It is so great to share the journey will you all

Non Scale Victory 446871
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 2:21 pm

ROFL, MW - and I've got another like that - my dentures didn't fit after I lost the weight! Just now getting new ones!
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 8:57 am

LOL MW - so funny!!
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 4:42 am

This is nowhere near as impressive as you girls, but an NSV nonetheless: I had to have my glasses adjusted last week because they became too loose. Does that mean I had a fat head before (and nobody told me)???? Ya gotta laugh.

Keep em coming, everyone. I think NSVs are almost better than SVs.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

Definitely is an NSV, Fishy!
Early on there was a woman who went to buy some new pants (trouser type, not knickers) and as she bent over to look at the labels, the ones she was wearing fell down to her ankles! Methinks she left it a little late to go shopping!
Hope you got cheapies, because before you know it, you'll be out of them again!
Non Scale Victory 446871
Back to top Go down
100%-er
Top Poster
Top Poster
100%-er

Female
Number of posts : 1217
Registration date : 2011-01-21

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyTue 21 Jun 2011, 10:04 am

Hmmm... not sure if this fits in here or not.... it is sort of a victory, I'll let you decide...

Copied from my diary...

This is what happened to me about 2 weeks ago - I was wearing some undies/panties, whatever you call them, and they kept falling down, literally! My saving grace was that I was wearing trousers, so the crutch of the trousers kept my undies from falling completely down. So I spent most of the day with my undies bunched past my hips, trying to sneak into my office, to hitch them up.... not a good look! So now I am throwing out my undies when they start to get a little loose.... not too loose!!!

So I am now into smaller sized underwear.....
Back to top Go down
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:46 am

WTG Janette, Emily, Lib and Nerida!!! Very proud of you guys.

Pasted from the boots thread.

D'Girlz wrote:
I just bought my first pair of knee high (normal) boots on Monday!! My right calf has always been 1 inch bigger than my left. I can zip up both boots in the brown and the left in the black. The right is about 10 cm from the top so should zip up soon!!! I got them from Diana Ferrari at DFO at Essendon. Leather boots - x2 pairs for $215. Great deal!!

Yeeehaa!!!!! A bargin, a first and a NSV all rolled into one!!! Non Scale Victory 542174
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory EmptyThu 16 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

Ok my turn...my turn...
After years of refusing to wear pants or jeans of any type (since age 13) i am living in bloody jeans....lol...don't know how i survived the winters without them before...(well i do i had lots of insulation then...lol)

I also resized my rings about 4 sizes and my bracelet too

i am wearing size 16 pants....wow!

My husband is running around telling me i am anorexic and i had to explain to him that no one has had anorexia at 100kgs.....

i am officially the 2nd lightest in the house (after my 5 yr old)

For the first time ever i am lighter than my husband and fit in his clothes...lol...and the two eldest boys clothes...hehehehe (and don't they hate that....)

omg there are so many...here is a more personal one....it is great to get in the shower and feel the water hit my thighs without having to lift anything out of the way...(you all know what i mean) for the first time i feel the full force of the shower there instead of the slow trickle as the water runs down my belly...

i found a harmless mole on my extreme upper thigh i never knew was there before...lol.... had to look like a goof when i asked the dr about it.....lol...

ok ok and for the lady's out there YES! i can see my vajayjay!!!!! interesting really.....

ok gots to go have lots more new things in life to experience and enjoy......sleeve = freedom and new beginnings...

Nerida
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Non Scale Victory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non Scale Victory   Non Scale Victory Empty

Back to top Go down

Non Scale Victory
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: