AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Struggling - but winning slowly Empty
PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 9:08 am

No matter where we are in our journey along the weight loss track, everyone is doing a great job. Ok, challenges will rear their head, it does not mean you are a failure. I don't crave chocolate because i have a small protein bar each day, but yes, cravings do come back or are you bored, too tired and need to go to bed instead of sitting in front of the telly. Don't be hard on yourselves, pat yourselves on the back and say well done on what you have achieved and that you are brave enough to strive to reach another goal. By the way, the next time I am down in the dumps remind me of what I have said!

WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!! AND DON'T GIVE UP!
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 6:07 am

go for it, we all understand x
Back to top Go down
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyFri 25 Feb 2011, 12:02 am

Hey,
thought I would join in too as I am struggling at the moment... not so much with food types and quantity but the lack of movement on the scales... it is soooooo damn frustrating when I am 'ticking all the boxe' and not seeing results!

I know for sure that without the sleeve I would of said 'oh sod this' and eaten all the wrong foods and gained all the weight that I had lost - but without the sleeve that woudln't have been much - and then some more.

Oh well, I suppose I just have to keep plodding along and not give up,

Sorry for the rant! =]
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyWed 23 Feb 2011, 8:54 am

diary updated warts and all
thanks heaps guys xxx
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011, 7:44 am

thanks all xxx
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyTue 22 Feb 2011, 7:28 am

Hello, yes the same traits that got us into trouble are still there. We have a new tool butif we don't use it, it won't be of any use. I have the odd treat but gulp at the calories it is after i have eaten it. Naughty. We all have the power to overcome and change the habit (says me). All I can say, stay scared that you will put on weight and let that fuel your determination to change the habit. From what I gather, if you are under a year out you have that time to change as much as possible, so you will have the changed mind set not to go back there, and end up one of those who have stretched the sleeve and or put on weight.

Chockies, chips, cake etc are so yummy but are they worth the calories if they put on weight. Is it worth how you will feel when you discover you have put on weight.

Someone else maybe able to put a finger on it but how do you recognise when you are sabotaging yourself and working towards reducing your self esteem.

At least we are speaking about it and someone will say something that will spur us on in the right direction.... progress!

I told my dietician that someone said i was fanatical about my food, she said "maybe you have to be at the moment".
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 10:30 pm

Mel, as you know I've been following you diary closely as we were sleeved on the same day and were aroundabout the same weight. I put in my diary today that i wasn't weighing in because I had been sooooo bad on the snacking over the last week I didn't want to know the bad news. It's like I'm right back where I started!!! And it's so frustrating. It doesn't help that work is REALLY quiet and I'm nowhere near busy enough. I have reduced my hours so I finish at 3pm instead of 5 but that's not when I'm doing the snacking funnily enough - it's at night when I'm watching telly. My cross stitch sits on the table laughing at me!! Cos I know if I picked that up I would be fine cos I'm so fanatical about keeping my hands clean when I'm doing it I can't be arsed having to get up, get some food, wash my hands again and then pick up the x stitch ... and so it goes on.

Another reason it is so hard is because I only told my family and two friends (neither of who have weight problems) so can't really talk to anyone - this forum is great but it's not hte same as having a face to face heart to heart is it ....?

Anyway, I wish you only the best and we both know we can do it - yes, it's hard but we know the results are fantastic (every week I throw some item out of my wardrobe).

Chin up Mel.

Bubbles Struggling - but winning slowly 697586
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 11:44 am

Hi all

Have also been struggling for the past two months...taking off and putting back on the same two kgs over and over again....it was almost as if once I stopped trying it's been twice as hard to rein back in and be disciplined....
Too much chocolate, too much dip and biscuits, too much grazing in general...

sigh....

It may not be what you want to hear NP and Mel but you have both done SO wELL... hang in there.

I am trying to remind mysled that where I am today is a much much better place than where I was 12 months ago -- and worth holding on to....

Mel -- just think how good your leg muscles are going to be from hanging on by the toenails (which I imagine are painted a pretty pearly pink with little flowers on them :)

S
Back to top Go down
notproud

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 11:19 am

Hey :)

I am just over 4mths out and the last week I have started to struggle. I think my taste is coming back and for the 1st time I am craving chocolate :( I gave in once but thats it. But the late night munchies have started to call me again, I am addicted to Brown creaming soda :(

I really need to pull my head in as I really want to make a goal I set. The way I am going Im not going to make it.

So yep I am with you I really need to pull my head in.

I read your dairy all the time, I am also on EB and it was your posts that encouraged me to get the sleeve, so thanks :)
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 9:41 am

Good on you for putting it out there!

I have been on holidays and you should have seen the amount of chocolate I ate!!!and chips and snacks! I don't think I was hungry for the whole week, I had to tell myself that I am not going to go from binger to 'very good eating girl' in 6 months!

Holidays are always my worst and I found it really hard not being able to go out to dinner (whats the point?? really, a small entree and it's over in 5 minutes) Also watching hubby cook up a storm and settle in to a nice meal that took him 30 minutes to eat, with a glass of wine, and me with my 1 piece of bread and egg on it, and no wine because it wont fit in! My dinner is over in about 2 minutes!!

I found that hard. Funny thing was, I bought him and ice cream one afternoon and I got myself a diet coke, sat down and said to him ' I have really lost the taste for ice cream, shame i haven't lost the taste for chocolate, or chips or banana bread or sour cream or corn chips with dips, and on and on it goes!!! I am the same, snack, snack, snack, I still love my food!

I'm scared to get on the scale Mel!!!

I'll fill you in on Wed!
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 8:47 am

Hi guys
Just wanted to update you all
I have had a tough couple of weeks eating
Went back to old habits of bingeing and badly but have managed to get myself together
not without damage though, stacked on 2.5 kg and have put myself way behind in the weight stakes
instead of weighing under 90 i'm 95
BUT am back on track (clinging on by my toenails though)

I will update my diary soon, i have been writing it down in a book so it will be warts and all
just wanted to let you know that it's ok to struggle, and maybe i can help someone by putting it out there

xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling - but winning slowly   Struggling - but winning slowly Empty

Back to top Go down

Struggling - but winning slowly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: