Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Hello there :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello there :)   Hello there :) EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

Welcome Fiorella (and ITLR)

Congrats to you both on being sleeved...you are still recovering and it will be some time yet before your new tiny tummy settles and your brain and body adjust to the major change you have made.

I haven't regretted the sleeve at all...For many months it has made losing weight much much easier than anything else I have ever done....effective and not with that continual struggle of trying, failing, feeling like more of a failure and then struggling all over again. Of course you do have to choose to 'follow the program' so to speak, but the reards are worth it.

If you haven't had a chance yet, read through the diaries and the many threads...you'll find many places where we talk about the decision re whether to tell or not and what to tell (I didn't tell anyone until more than three months and 20+ kgs out)...you'll also find inspiring before and after pics in the users galleries -- and a great bunch of people who are able to help.

Look forward to hearing more of your stories...and watching your progress
S
Back to top Go down
inthelongrun
inthelongrun

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: 10 days in too   Hello there :) EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 11:09 am

Hi I am into my 10th day too. a few reservations at onset but now am positive i have made right decision.
i am struggling with what to tell people. I am a pretty private person and don't like attention drawn to me.
some people are just too nosey for my liking and i don't think they are asking questions to support more to pass onto others what i'm up to.
good luck
Karan
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: hello from spoggy in Melbourne   Hello there :) EmptySat 19 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

Hi there, it is not uncommon to feel this way with some people. It is forced dicipline in the eating regime but you will get used to it and you will learn to embrace it. The other thing you will lose weight if you stick to the instructions given by the health professionals. If there are any bad eating habits lurking it will pay to work on improving them. It takes time for the brain to catch up with the stomach and is a bit of shock to the system but that passes.

In saying all of that, I definitely have to regrets in having a sleeve. It has been an exciting learning curve and continues. I have lost 29.1kg in 4 months with little effort compared to presleeve.

Congratulations on being proactive about your sleeve. There are a lotof people who grieve for their stomach and food. It does get better.

You can do it.
Back to top Go down
kaz

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello there :)   Hello there :) EmptySat 19 Feb 2011, 4:32 pm

Hi Fiorella

Congrats 10 days out. Would love to hear who was your doctor?

cheers

Kaz
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello there :)   Hello there :) EmptySat 19 Feb 2011, 5:28 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on being sleeved.

No definitely not, no confusion here.
I love my sleeve and knew exactly what I was getting into and I wanted it!

Once the weight starts falling off and you get onto real food again, you will be just fine.

Good luck with your journey.

Hello there :) 217555 Hello there :) 217555
Back to top Go down
fiorella

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Hello there :)   Hello there :) EmptySat 19 Feb 2011, 5:00 am

Hi! I'm new to the forum, although I have been a fan of the Facebook page for a while, and have come to rely on it so much as a wealth of support. My name is Fiorella and I'm 27 from Perth and just had the sleeve done 10 days ago.

Not 100% sure if I can say I like it or not yet, nor could I say I definitely made the right decision, but I really have no other option than to accept it. I went from first appointment to operation in quite a small amount of time, so not sure I fully understood what was going to happen yet. I think I was so impressed with my friends phenomenal 60kg weight loss and how amazing she looks that just wanted what she had! I have Googled a lot about regrets with sleeve and can't honestly find anyone who says they regret it.

Did anyone else feel this 'confusion' period straight after the operation? And did it go away after a while, perhaps when puree phase started? Thanks so much :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello there :)   Hello there :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello there :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: