shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

exercise phychologist-could be helpful for those  1st starting out  Empty
PostSubject: exercise phychologist-could be helpful for those 1st starting out    exercise phychologist-could be helpful for those  1st starting out  EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 8:18 pm

excercise phychologist's tailor gentle exercise plans to suit ones individual needs
eg-after injuries/rehabilitation/people needing to loose weight/people with diabetes etc
If you are just starting to exercise or are wondering what is safe to start off with after years
of not exercising then they can help.Probably talk to your gp for more details.The focus being on long term sustainable exercise.

I was at a seminar last week for type 2 diabetes prevention and the excercise phyc gave a very
interesting talk and i wonder if i had seen someone like her years ago i may have done much better in the area of exercise as i really liked the knowledge they have with people with different health issues (they have a univerity degree in this area),I think ive been turned off by going to gyms/personal trainers where they push people to0 hard to fast then people quit or burn out and cant maintain the level of exercise or get unjured.
I asked her , her opinion of biggest loser-namely the gruelling exercise regime they are put under) as i feel like im a failure when i see them doing the hard yards and when i have tried in the past i burn out and quit and she saqid thats not real life,they leave thier homes and only have to concentrate on losing weight,they dont have to go to work,care for family etc,prepare thier own food etc thats why many fail when they do return to realilty because they cant maintain the level they were doing on the show, it did make me feel a bit better!

cheers
shelly
exercise phychologist-could be helpful for those  1st starting out  369315
Back to top Go down

exercise phychologist-could be helpful for those 1st starting out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: