lilac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lynmacmd

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-08-25

Pre-packaged frozen meals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyFri 18 Feb 2011, 3:39 am

I cant eat a weight watchers meal and I am 5 months out! Also remember the one thing that this operation is, it is a change of lifestyle so starting to cook is a way of changing your life style. Use a slo cooker put it on before you go to bed and then freeze the contents in tupperware in freezer loads of meals and so easy!

aquarius wrote:
Some days I just don't want to cook. I found that I can eat a whole Weight Watchers meal (over 30 minutes). I'm 4 weeks out.

Does this seem ok to sleevers?

My dietician says they're not nutritious enough - but I'm too lazy to cook every night!

Aquarius

Pre-packaged frozen meals 618285
Back to top Go down
http://Www.crystalweddingboutique.com
qwerty

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 1:46 pm

another single who hates cooking and so lives on frozen meals. The bowl ones are great. Light and easy have brought some out and I am thinking of ordering them. I'm 2 years out and can eat a full one, except the lasagne...that stuffs me half way through. But the noodles/rice based ones, in the bowl i can eat a whole one.
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 8:28 am

I'm surprised you can eat them! I still can't eat the smallest of the meals, and I'm about 8 months out!
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyTue 08 Feb 2011, 6:11 am

I've tried one or two of these meals... not a fan really, and they are not so high in protein. I have found a prawn wanton soup, which is in the frozen isle. Perfect size, and has a decent amount of protein - but probably not that much nutritional value. But so yum!
Back to top Go down
janelou29
Part of the furniture
janelou29

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 9:07 pm

Aquarius, I too am a bit lazy in the kitchen.

I have a George Foreman grill thingy, throw a bit of steak on ti and 5 minutes later, hey presto! Bit if tomato sauce or a slice tomato etc and you have a good protein dinner, same with chicken and fish.

I really don't think the frozen meals are too much of a problem once or twice a week, they do have a lot of salt in them apparently, but for ease why not?

But I prefer a bit of fresh meat or salad, you can get this yummy 'complete crunchy salad' from woolies with dressing and crunchy noodles in it, make 1/4 of it up and it lasts for days, very yummy and full of salad stuff- add some tuna/salmon and hey presto!

Good luck!

Janelou x
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 10:43 am

there are some good frozen meals available,i choose ones that had the highest protien content.They are handy to have in the freezer.i like the ww minis theyve brought out,just the right size!! check out other brands too.
what janette does is great because you can cook a big batch and freeze extra and cook higher protien meals that suit your diet needs.

cheers
shelly
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 10:33 am

Can't answer your question on the WW's meals, never had any.

I have a freezer full on mini meals so if I don't feel like cooking I have plenty to choose from.

I cook whole meals and freeze all the leftovers
Can get 12 meals out of a lasagne, about 8 from spag bol sauce, then there is salmon patties, rissoles, etc etc.

I live alone so only cook for myself.
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals EmptyMon 07 Feb 2011, 9:05 am

Some days I just don't want to cook. I found that I can eat a whole Weight Watchers meal (over 30 minutes). I'm 4 weeks out.

Does this seem ok to sleevers?

My dietician says they're not nutritious enough - but I'm too lazy to cook every night!

Aquarius

Pre-packaged frozen meals 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-packaged frozen meals   Pre-packaged frozen meals Empty

Back to top Go down

Pre-packaged frozen meals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: