Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now   Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 5:13 pm

Hi, KitKat.

Just writing to tell you I have been in the same boat, stuck at a weight for many weeks and have only recently seen some motion again. If you read the 'optifast at 6 months' thread in general topics you will see there are plenty of us at the same point.

No magic bullet here, just standard actions - dumped the wine, replaced a meal with optifast, and yelled at the scales (last one had no effect I know.) I actually went up four lb before starting on the sloooow downward trend again.

I'm with you; nothing for it but perseverance and patience, quelle drag.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now   Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 12:18 pm

WOW! KitKat, you've lost THIRTY KILOGRAMS!
What an amazing thing to have done, a big accomplishment. I take great hope and inspiration from reading about people who have lost big amounts like you. Because I want to be just like you.

I have lost about 14 kilos, and am feeling really good - so much better! I am so proud to have lost this amount of weight, even though I have a further 50 to go to reach a even a heavy goal weight.
Fifty more kilograms is such a huge amount that I cannot even imagine that I will get there, and maybe it will take a long time. And a lot of bloody sweating at the gym!
I try to concentrate on how much I have lost, and how I feel. Other wise I don't feel I have come very far at all, especially when the scale does not move. I still feel huge as ever, and am still a thumper, but at least my knees don't hurt anymore I suppose.

I think when I got fatter and fatter I stopped being able to judge how big I was, or being able compare myself to other people. By the time I reached 139 kilos in November last year I sort of just assumed I was always the biggest person in the room, a monster.
When I went to a bariatric information seminar around this time my husband pointed out that several people there were actually larger than me. It was a total revelation! I had no idea!
I guess I have just come to see my self as gargantuan, almost in a distorted way. And no wonder, considering I totally avoid mirrors, and just go on the odd glimpses I catch in shop windows and shop change rooms.

Although I already feel different, and find exercise much easier, I spend a lot of time thinking about losing my bulky body, and what it will be like. I guess I won't suddenly feel thinner and narrower as it will be gradual and more subtle.
Maybe when I can fit on a plane seat properly, or when I am able to fit in a certain size of jeans I will know. But I bet I still feel huge and ungainly, and I bet I will still avoid the mirror, even if I do make it to goal.

I wonder what the wii fit would tell me about my perfect weight? Actually I don't really want to know....don't think I could cope.
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now   Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 6:45 am

dont beat yourself up kitkat
youve done an amazing job and you should be soooo proud of yourself.Dont beat yourself up.
getting close to goal can cause weight to slow,so just go with it,keep up all yourgood work,it will happen.wether you loose 3kg,5kg etc youve still achieved so much.dont get stuck on a magical number that you think should be the ideal goal weight and if you dont reach it feel youve failed,like if you get to 72kg and stay there forever would that be so bad,you could certainly say youve reached your goal ,youve made a huge,healthy life changel!
f you still feel big maybe some extra help with dealing with your new weight loss/look etc and coping with all the feelings that go with it might help you.
Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now 217555 Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now 65317 kiss

shelly
Back to top Go down
Kitkatkoe

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now   Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now EmptyWed 02 Feb 2011, 5:43 am

Yep things have come to a stall for me.. i was half expecting it as I have been slower to lose than most peeps on here.. Yes I know ive lost 30kg.. down to 75kg now... but still see myself as huge...
I am hoping to get to 65 - 70 kg... i can dream sigh...

I got myself wii fit the other day... sent me into a depression when it told me that my ideal weight is 52kg...
OMG.. what society dictates as the perfect weight astounds me!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now   Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight loss all but stopped for weeks now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: