Share | 

Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dancing_Queen75

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Wed 12 Apr 2017, 12:37 pm

I had a sleeve 11 months ago in Albury. Dr Adam Cichowitz was my surgeon. He also operated on a friend of mine in Wangaratta. He lives locally and is involved in the community. He is very down-to-earth and not like some of the visiting surgeons from the city who only travel out to the country to make a quick buck. His fees were about $4000. My friend originally saw another surgeon in Melbourne who quoted her $8000. 

I have now lost 45kg and reached my ideal weight. I couldn't have asked for a better result. I'm now a size 10! I have a new lease on life and I'm able to run around with the kids and do things that I have never been able to do before like wakeboarding and pole dancing ;) My back pain has also disappeared!!! 

Dr Cichowitz was great. Totally professional and experienced but also honest and caring throughout. He always made me feel very comfortable and relaxed and took the time to communicate and respond to all of my concerns. His postoperative care was excellent. I was able to see him as often as I wanted which was very reassuring. I can't praise him enough. I would highly recommend him to any of my family and friends. 
Back to top Go down
Femidist

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Sat 28 Jun 2014, 7:50 am

I Cass. I didn't know anyone in Wang did VSG. That's good news.
I am originally from Wang but now live the other side of the state.

How did it go?
I have friends who work at both hospitals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.femidist.com
Cass VSG

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:13 am

An old thread but thought I'd add to it. I'm getting sleeved by Mr Adam cichowitz on Thursday in Wangaratta. Based in Wang private.
Back to top Go down
fencesitter

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Thu 04 Jul 2013, 11:52 am

This thread has been idle for a couple of years, I just found it....
I got sleeved by Paul Dumbrell in March 2013, all appointments were in Albury but the surgery was in Warringal in Melbourne.

No complications, happy with the surgery and Paul - he is very matter of fact and to the point. He uses Border Dieticians but all the literature related to the banding, not much on the sleeve and the dietitian didn't appear to have any knowledge of the sleeve.

Hope this helps,
Back to top Go down
smileysoon

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:29 am

Hi Lozza,

I'm in Barooga NSW. I've contacted Dr Richard Harrison in Wagga Wagga and he won't do a sleeve for me becuase i already have a band he doesn't like the complications a second bariatric surgery can have.
I actually rang Dr Dumbrell's rooms in Albury today and he doesn't do sleeves at all and the recepetionist didn't think anyone in Albury did do them.
I haven't heard of anyone doing them in Shepparton and my original lap band was done in Wangarratta but she doesn't do sleeves either. The only major centre i haven't tried yet aside from Melbourne (which i'm trying to avoid) is Bendigo......anyone know someone who's had a sleeve in Bendigo??

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Smileysoon
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

Where are you smileysoon?
Back to top Go down
smileysoon

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:35 pm

hi

I'm still interested to know if anyone has been sleeved in Albury? I'm looking for a surgeon as close to home as possible....but not having much luck

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Lozza (takitaki)
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 923
Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   Thu 20 Jan 2011, 2:17 am

Just wondering if anyone in the forum has had surgery in Albury through Dr Paul Drumbell?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?   

Back to top Go down

Has anyone had surgery in Albury, NSW?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: