AuthorMessage
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Icy poles and Vanilla Opti Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyFri 21 Jan 2011, 9:27 am

Peazles is a love to share that recipe. Icy poles and Vanilla Opti 217555

But why does everything have milk - even Opti is made of milk. I've never been a milk drinker. Bleeeeech. Pierced
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyFri 21 Jan 2011, 9:14 am

I love Peazles shake recipe - so much good stuff. I do a similar brecky shake: opti, protein powder, benefibre, milk, banana - gives around 40-50 grammes of protein but I can only have half at a time or the dreaded dumping occurs! so small one the an hour or so later the rest of it.
Have a great weekend
:) Pippa
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 9:56 pm

definately - you can get the "lickety sips" from coles etc and try diet cordial - otherwise put water with frozen berries into ice tube trays!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 1:47 pm

For the ice blocks - i would yry the diet cordial, just put a little more in that recommended. I like orange and mango.
Also, the natural confectionary company have just brought out ice blocks - not sure how much sugar thogh - might be worth a look.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 11:31 am

jeez talk about opti amnesia, i just looked at my diary and it seems i DID have opti for about 2 weeks here and there after surgery
sorry to lead you astray LOL

i also had up and go energise, musashi slm and bulla milk ice pops - ice blocks but provided some protein

take care
mel
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 11:23 am

oh ps, if you look at my diary i was anal enough to count my protein every day after surgery LOL, you may get some ideas on what to eat as i itemised each days drinks / purees and food!
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 11:22 am

i liked the musashi slm protein drinks - you can get them in woolworths

also, just normal milk has a good hit of protein

i hated the opti, i think i may have had a couple after surgery and that was it, never want to touch the stuff again LOL
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 9:46 am

Thank you!

I found a recipe once for rockmelon, low fat milk & i think low fat yoghurt with Vanilla Opti. I might play around with that - think its enough protein etc?
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 9:28 am

Diet chocolate or caramel sauce...??
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 6:59 am

What about:

For the essentials:
Vanilla opti
one egg
protein powder
benefibre or prunes/prune juice

For flavour:
Banana
Honey
Cinnamon
Forme high protein yoghurt

Blend thoroughly. Should be packed with goodness!
Back to top Go down
Kazz
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 4:09 am

Do you like berries? You could try pureeing strawberries/raspberries/blueberries, etc and mixing in with the vanilla Opti? I was going to suggest banana too as that would be a lovely flavour, but not sure how that would go down, being much 'heavier' than berries for your new tummy?

My other ideas:
a tsp of coffee? (melted with a little hot water first)
a sprinkle of cinnamon?
some orange juice to give it an orangy flavour?
milo?
not sure about this one..but if you like Chai tea, you can buy the flavour syrup...that might taste ok. I'm not sure about sugar content on that one, or even if you are concerned about that...but its an idea :)
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 3:35 am

Hiya,

Just a thought could you make the ice pops yourself using water and diet cordial?? I know Aldi are selling the diet cordial cheap at the moment. Or maybe unsweetened fruit juice with water?

I have got all this to look forwrad to ! :-))
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 2:46 am

Thanks Andrea, I have four weeks of fluids/purees to get thru and the dietician circled Opti "twice a day" violently. I have chewable vitamins, and am adding Beneprotein to soup, otherwise I'm stuck with strawberry & coffee Opti.

I get thirsty - like I could drink the Sahara - and of course it still hurts to drink water(though I ignore the griping and drink 1 litre a day). I like icy poles but they are too sugary for my taste. I dont like yoghurty ones.

If I could find sugar free icy poles (or free air conditioning!) and a way of sexing up Vanilla Opti, I can survive 3 more weeks before real food. Icy poles and Vanilla Opti 314562
Back to top Go down
Andrea11
Part of the furniture
Andrea11

Female
Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 2:34 am

Hiya Joy.

I was really naughty or so I thought post op. I never touched another opti again, just couldn't bring myself to drinking it. So what I did was get onto a good protien suppliment and centrum multi vites daily. I didn't do the ice blocks. when I got sick to death of water just put a squeeze of lime or lemon in that broke the monotony for me....The one rule I have is to always eat the protiens on the plate first.....

Takecare
Andrea
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female

PostSubject: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 1:57 am

Help! I need suggestions.

I cant stand vanilla Opti. But now I'm post - op, i should be able to mix something with it to make it vaguely drinkable. Maybe a Mars Bar? (just kidding) - any suggestions?

Also, they have sugar free popsicles/ice blocs in the US but for the love of God, I cant find them here. I prefer fruit based ices (or lemonade) - anybody seen sugar free ice blocks? Which brand please?O

Thanks in advance. Icy poles and Vanilla Opti 217555
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Icy poles and Vanilla Opti   Icy poles and Vanilla Opti Empty

Back to top Go down

Icy poles and Vanilla Opti
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: