D'Girlz
Top Poster
Top Poster
D'Girlz

Female
Number of posts : 1749
Registration date : 2011-01-09

More questions re supa Empty
PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 9:36 am

WTG Pominoz!!!
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female
Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2010-12-17

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 6:00 am

That's great news, pominoz and Beckstar - congratulations! Best wishes for your upcoming surgeries.

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: UPDATE   More questions re supa EmptyFri 11 Mar 2011, 4:58 am

Hooray!!! APRA have approved my application...yay...I cannot wait will be sleeved on the 5th April!!! More questions re supa 542174
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 10:29 pm

Hi Bec,

With my application I did a covering letter explaining I was requesting the $4500 surgeons fee, $800 anaesthetists fee and the 21.5% tax I also stated that I was covered by PHI for hospital expenses.

In my email yesterday I also said that I was booked in for surgery in order to obtain a quote from the anaesthetist and that they both required payment two weeks prior to surgery this was also on the quote from the surgeon. I just hope they take note.

I just wish they would look at the application and ask for all the information, how hard can that be???!!
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 10:22 pm

Unfortunately they will. Twice I had to give more info which delayed my application each time. Hopefully they have all they need now tho. Have you requested the funds for the up front payments, not just the out of pocket expenses? I've heard of them only releasing the out of pocket expenses in some cases and you having to make up the difference. I sent a stat dec requesting this saying I couldn't afford to pay the gap.
Good luck pominoz, I know just how you feel!
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyThu 17 Feb 2011, 2:59 am

As much as the anaesthetist's secretary was a PITA I did receive the quote in the post today which was great so all scanned and emailed to APRA I should hear from them on the 9th March. I really hope they don't wait until then to ask for more information!
Back to top Go down
Beckstar77
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 7:56 am

Hi
I had the same trouble. I called 2 anesthetists and begged them for a quote, I told them it was for APRA. I sent in the dearest one.
I also had to give them PHI info, APRA wanted to know what they would cover. They were happy with a letter/statement stating my level of cover.
I did not get a hospital quote.
Hope you get it all sorted, it took me ages as each time you have to give them more info, your application goes back to the bottom of the pile and then takes another 16-30 working days.
But, I got my approval on Monday, it wad a lovely valentines day gift.
Good luck
Rebecca
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyWed 16 Feb 2011, 6:45 am

Update -

Well as thought APRA have come back requesting more information.

They wanted an exact quote from the anaesthetist but this was difficult to provide as the surgeon cannot confirm who the anaestheist will be unless I book in so today I booked in for April and was told there were two on that day and one in the morning and one in the afternoon and they don't know where I will be on the list ! so I called the clinic they are both assigned to and the lady was a PITA could not email only send by post and then doesn't quote by item number but by length of time , couldn't compare to previous paitents for a rough idea as everyone is different! eventually the surgeons secretary called and sorted it out !

APRA also wanted confirmation that I was covered by PHI 100%, well MBF then wouldn't email a confirmation and could only direct me to the statement of information which doesn't have any membership information on it so have done a whole load of screen prints to some how show I am covered.

So more waiting for me, it is killing me!
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyWed 09 Feb 2011, 6:44 am

Only a week to go until I should hear something from APRA...now I don't normally like to wish the days away but this week if you could go quickly would be much appreciated! :-))
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:25 am

That's great, pominoz. I hope you get a positive result!

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyMon 31 Jan 2011, 12:13 am

Update -

Rang Apra today and my application will be assessed on the 16th February...yay...fingers crossed it comes back all ok xx
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 1:25 am

Just posted the application and docs this morning....argghh....so excited I really hope it gets approved. fingers & toes crossed x
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyWed 19 Jan 2011, 6:42 am

Thanks for that will definitely get a letter from GP. Have a sheet with the fees for op and on the sheet it states gap amount of $800 for anaesthetist. The secratary couldn't give me a quote because they don't know who will be on when I have the surgery and I haven't booked a date until I get the funds from APRA. My PHI is covering the hospital fees so do I still need to get a hospital quote?

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
MiddleWoman
Part of the furniture
MiddleWoman

Female

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyWed 19 Jan 2011, 6:27 am

At the back of the APRA application, it says that your GP must also write a letter - show the GP the exact wording required, as this can hold up your application.

In addition to your surgeon's quote, you will also need a written quote from your anaesthetist, and another quote from the hospital (3 quotes in all).

MiddleWoman
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female

PostSubject: More questions re supa   More questions re supa EmptyWed 19 Jan 2011, 6:14 am

Hi everyone,

I am seeing Dr Caska on the Central Coast, NSW and saw him today to collect the letter and quote needed to send into APRA. He was under the impression that his was the only letter I needed is that correct or shall I still ask for one from my GP?

Many thanks

Pom in Oz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More questions re supa   More questions re supa Empty

Back to top Go down

More questions re supa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-
Jump to: