Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!

Go down 
+4
Kati
bubbles
~*camelia*~
Rowena
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 6:17 pm

Definitely sounds like you are dehydrated - drink more. If you can't do plain water, try low cal gatorade or cordial etc. By the time you get thirsty, you are already dehydrated so you need to be drinking much more, esp in the heat. If you can't drink that much, add icypoles, they seem to go down easily for most people and are good source of fluid.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptySat 15 Jan 2011, 3:19 am

Gee Rowena,
Sounds like you are a bit on the dry side!!!!!
Hope the nurse got back to you, but if she didn't, ring again and if no response got to GP or ring health direct.
Linda
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 9:20 am

I agree withkmsbj if you're hot and only drinking 2 ltr you could be very dehydrated - we often get a lot of our fluid in food and if we don't have much food there's not much fluid, and if it's hot and humid we sweat much more.
I also agree that you need to call the doctors and make an appointment pronto (tell them you are very worried and don't mind a piggyback appt) just in case of the other complications that may be indicated.
Good luck with it all, hopefully you'll be peeing waterfalls with the rest of us soon
xoxox
Pippa
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 3:52 am

Sounds to me like you are dehydrated and need to be drinking more. Possibly something like hydrolyte. Hopefully the nurse will get back to you shortly. Until then i say keep drinking.
Back to top Go down
Kati
Sponsor
Kati

Female
Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 3:42 am

Let us know how you get on, Rowena. Sounds worrying...
Back to top Go down
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyFri 14 Jan 2011, 3:13 am

Hi

I don't go to the loo (ones or twos) anywhere near what I used to since the surgery even tho I'm drinking about 1 litre a day.

Have you heard from the nurse?
Back to top Go down
Rowena
Rowena

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:42 am

I rang my surgeon today and his nurse was supposed to call me back but she still has not :(
Back to top Go down
~*camelia*~

Female
Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 9:36 am

Please, please, please go to your doctor tomorrow morning. It is not right that your urine is that colour. Are you in a lot of pain? it is possible that you could either have a really bad infection or kidney stone.
If you have a lot of pain associated with the urine being that colour, go straight to A&E this evening. Extreme thirst can be a sign of diabetes too.
Dark brown rings alarm bells that you have blood (old) in your urine.

I don't mean to scareyou, but at the same time, I don't want you to sit around and not do anything, it needs to be checked out ASAP.

All the best,

Claire xx
Back to top Go down
Rowena
Rowena

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! EmptyThu 13 Jan 2011, 7:37 am

Hey My Friends,

Ok so here it is....

I went back to work this week and I drive a mobile food van. Its been really hot!

So here is the TMI - I used to go for wees atleast 4 times a day. Sometimes more...... However since I have had my surgery I am only going a max of twice a day. When I go, its really dark almost brown.

The other thing is that even tho I drink close to 2ltrs of liquid a day (mostly water), I feel constantly thirsty. Do you guys think this is mind over matter or that yes I am thirsty. My lips are always dry :(

I have rung my drs rooms and the nurse was supposed to get back to me but I am still waiting?

What do you think is wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!   Possible TMI but please your advice needed!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible TMI but please your advice needed!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: