chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

shopping-bargains and more shopping Empty
PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 7:14 pm

LOL - no, not the adult store.
Took husband, not quite kicking and screaming, for some clothes shopping for himself.
While waiting for him to change, saw them hanging near the fitting rooms and wandered over for a look.
Oh, yeah, are they called teddies? I get so confused with corsets, corselets, torselets, teddies, etc...since I haven't been able to wear anything like that, ever, I haven't taken much notice. Time to update my knowledge, eh? LOL
Cruise tomorrow - very excited now!
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 7:54 am

Sure it was Kmart and not the adult store? LOL!

You naughty Chrisby!

N xoxoxox
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 7:38 am

Went to kmart today and saw an all in one lingerie item - no idea of what it is called but it is a bra and knickers together, it was priced at $119 but reduced to just $19 - bargain! They had up to size 16c in my local store. Happy new year everyone
Back to top Go down
Berta
Berta

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptySat 01 Jan 2011, 2:31 am

Ladies - you have to call it by it's real Kath & Kim name - Fountain Lakes! We live near there and that's what we call it! HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

B x
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 7:04 pm

No, that's not it, but it sounds funny. Only ever saw a few episodes and managed to pick the same ones!
I'm relatively new to Melbourne and still don't know where everything is ... ho hum!
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 9:56 am

chrisbychic wrote:
Where is fountain gate? I know I've heard it before, and maybe even been there, but can't place it...

I have a little giggle every time I hear 'Fountain Gate' ... I just get a mental image of Kath and Kim strolling around the place!! Maybe that's where you've heard of it too?!?!

shopping-bargains and more shopping 390574
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 9:23 am

Where is fountain gate? I know I've heard it before, and maybe even been there, but can't place it...
Back to top Go down
Berta
Berta

Female

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 8:53 pm

Hey Loz!

So, you're a Fountain Gate shopper too? We must live close to one another - that's my local as well. I went to Chaddie with my Mum for the first time in almost a year I reckon and it actually wasn't too bad. I was shocked how NOT busy it was.

If you ever feel like a catch up with a fellow sleever, we could always head to Fountain Gate for a shop and a skinny capp!

Have a fabulous new year and look out 2011 I reckon!

Cheers, B x
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyThu 30 Dec 2010, 7:27 am

We're an hour or so away from 'real' shopping (ie Cairns). I am way to countrified to enjoy battling the crowds for a bargain, but I did manage to snap up a couple of superb sale purchases online. Both Crossroads and City Chic were offering half price on all items plus free delivery!
I did have to get the old tape measurer out to work out what size I am now. This time last year I was squeezing my seriously large arse into a 24 or so ... this year I've just bought a size 16 dress - which requires a little taking in around the waist!!! I love it .... not sure if the credit card feels the same though! shopping-bargains and more shopping 63412
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

I'm addicted to http://etsy.com - dressmaker custom clothing (click "handmade") - many for under 100 bucks. Millions of items - bathers, underwear, ballgowns etc.
No reason you cant have something made in a plus size & ask for alteration costs later?

Just dont blame ME if you go bankrupt! shopping-bargains and more shopping 314562
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

Hi Berta
You were brave trying Chaddie at this time of year!! But well done on doing so.
I hit Fountain Gate - and like you, went bra shopping because my current ones are just too big.
But, I am also in between sized and I hate to pay out if I have to change again soon - mind you, not much more to lose up there.
And, yes, the big girls shops are looking just too big - but I am still too squeezy in the normal size 18. (I was size 22)
So, going to wait a bit longer - and try a bit harder to start the exercise stuff - not good at that- but it will help speed up the process if I want to look decent for work when I return in 3 weeks.

And in the meantime, I am looking a bit sloppy in my big clothes - must be bad coz hubby told me to buy something that fits - I I found this great site from Sydeny - plusclothing.com.au (not super sizes, just nice stuff that includes some larger sizes)- and they had the most beautiful kaftan top which I just ordered and got in two days time, and it is just beautiful - and looks pretty good on me with white pants which I bought from there too. That will see me through summer anyway - but me in white pants is a first!! Anyway - on with the exercise, got to use the whole body, not just the fingers on the pc!!
Have a great new year!
Loz
Back to top Go down
Berta
Berta

Female

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 7:40 am

Hey Shelly25!

I ventured out to Chadstone today and thought I'd try on some clothes and bras. My bestest best friend told me yesterday with much love that my "girls needed lifting"! So, I tried on some bras but I think I'm right in between sizes now. I also found that with clothes. I found clothes in the big girls' sections a bit too big and normal sizes a bit squeezie! I'm not complaining though - this time last year I was squeezing into size 20s!

Thankfully for me my feet don't appear to have shrunk much so I was able to snap up some shoes! Yay!

Love the sales!
Cheers, B x
Back to top Go down
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 7:10 am

50% off a pair of shoes. Been meaning to replace my old ones for ages and just fell over them on the specials stand. Yippee!

Im resisting doing post op shopping while Im preop unless its at an opshop.

Theres a poem in there somewhere...
shopping-bargains and more shopping 65317
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 6:09 am

shopping-bargains and more shopping 68366

I can't drive to get to the sales............
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

PostSubject: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping EmptyWed 29 Dec 2010, 4:52 am

how nice off a feeling it is to shop at the sales and
buy size 14-16 clothes,today i went berserk in crossroads,
theyhad 70 percent off.
this time last year iwas a tight size 22,how things have changed
since last xmas
LOVE MY SLEEVE

how did everyone else go
get some good bargains

shelly
shopping-bargains and more shopping 557634 SHOPPAHOLIC shopping-bargains and more shopping 557634
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shopping-bargains and more shopping   shopping-bargains and more shopping Empty

Back to top Go down

shopping-bargains and more shopping
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: