8 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Do the cankles ever go? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 2:41 pm

Well I feel like I still have chunky legs. I definitely don't have "thin" ankles, but I would not call them "cankles" anymore either. Just a couple of weeks ago I bought knee high winter boots (it's snowing a lot here!) and nearly fell off my chair when they zipped straight up with no arguments!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 12:20 am

Hey Leici,

My ankles are positively svelte by comparison with what they were before :-) My calves are miles littler too, boots are a breeze now, they used to be impossible.

Merry Christmas - Carrie Do the cankles ever go? Smiley-eatdrink004
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 9:37 am

Mine are all gone, no fat ankles since surgery,
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female
Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 6:19 am

Hmmmm. I don't have circulation problems and so on so perhaps don't need fluid tablets. I've lost 36 kilos but still fat ankles. My leg tops are massively smaller ( elephant skin everywhere) and I noticed I have some spare skin around the calves too.

I am doing lots of leg work at the gym including stuff for ankles, eating properly and drinking heaps of water every day.

Maybe it's just the way I'm built. Do the cankles ever go? 81722 SIGH!

I feel envious of you skinny ankle people!! Would love to have real legs in skirts.

However even complaining about this reminds me how lucky I am and how far I have come. I would NEVER have even contemplated a skirt a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Mornir
Mornir

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 5:21 am

One of the first places I lost weight noticeably after the surgery was my feet. A girlfriend came to see me when I was at home, about 2 days after I got home from hospital and her first words were "look at your feet!!".

So unless you have a problem with fluid retention, as has been mentioned, the cankles should go fairly easily. I was sleeved in May and after a 50kg loss so far I have lovely bony ankles that I almost never tire of looking at and exclaiming over (along with any other improved areas!!)

Personally, I've always had big calves, even when I was thinner, so they're what I need to work on if I want to wear skirts/dresses :)
Back to top Go down
Angeleque

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: avod fluid tablets   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

I most definitely agree - avoid fluid tablets- unless underlying medical condition - fluid will ease with right food and avoiding salt and of course exercise .... once body working fine - there will be no need - but always get doctors opinion

as for cankles, yes i was lucky, though admit mine only surfaced about 8 months prior to surgery in November - always been top heavy and skinny legs - now my legs are back :))

but i firmly believe diet exercise will help overall ...

angelque
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 12:34 am

Most GPs don't recommend you take them forever. It can affect your blood pressure, and I guess what I am finding is that now, if I don't take them I puff up, so your body does get used to them. It is better not to take them really, but after years of battling the fluid I just find now it is better for me. Long term affects with fluid tablets can be problems with your kidneys, ie stones. You also wee alot. lol. I have to watch my BP and sometimes it goes a bit low and I feel feint or have passed out. So yes, only take fluid tablets under supervision of your GP. (need a script anyway). I hope for your sake you don't need them.
One other thing besides tablets, make sure you drink lots of water. I know that sounds weird if you retain water. However, if you don't drink enough your body thinks it is thirsty so retains even more. So try and get at least 1.5ltrs in a day even 2ltrs a day, this may help.
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 12:24 am

Hey Newlife- thanks for that- I would love to wear shorter dresses and skirts too, after years and years and years in pants!

Maybe when I get towards goal I should look at fluid tablets. Does taking them have any adverse health implications/problems?
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 12:11 am

I understand where you are coming from. I have always, since my 20s had an issue with fluid retention and yes since I have lost weight it has improved. However, I now take fluid tablets every day otherwise they do puff up again and I will gain 2kgs overnight sometimes, just in fluid. So while losing weight should help, it may not necessarily. Just hope in your case it does help. Fluid retention can be a sign of other things other than weight, ie bad circulation etc. I just take my tablet every day and it is not an issue anymore really. So it is lovely to wear shorter shirts again and show off my legs without the embarrassment. omg I actually have ankles. lol.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:26 pm

I guess it depends if it is your physique, or fat/fluid. There is a good chance they will go - fingers crossed!!!
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 10:26 pm

You lucky devil Angelique! Like MAGIC- poof they disappear. Does that mean they were fluid build up in your case?

Mine seem just fatty.

Would love to hear other people's experiences.
Back to top Go down
Angeleque

Female
Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Cankles   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 11:51 am

Fortunately for me cankles disappeared immediately
I awoke from surgery and they were gone : Do the cankles ever go? 595690

that was indeed a highlight for me

Angelque
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female

PostSubject: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:44 am

My fat ankles annoy me and I notice lots of slimmed down people still have fat ankles or 'cankles' (calf blends into your ankle).

Did yours go? Or are they with me forever?
Back to top Go down
leici
Sponsor
leici

Female

PostSubject: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:44 am

My fat ankles annoy me and I notice lots of slimmed down people still have fat ankles or 'cankles' (calf blends into your ankle).

Did yours go? Or are they with me forever?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the cankles ever go?   Do the cankles ever go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the cankles ever go?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: