Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Diet how to's before and after surgey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey EmptySun 26 Dec 2010, 9:42 pm

• I do eat bread, toast a slice of high fibre, high protein bread for lunch and top it with loads of protein, avocado, etc
  • Pasta and rice I also eat maybe once a week, but have a very small amount, ie 1 Tablespoon with my meal.
  • Tough dry meat, no way, like it medium rare with sauce/gravy
  • Soft drinks, rarely touch them now, rather drink water or wine....LOL!
  • Yes I eat, they are great for maintenance. I make up a mix of nuts, dried fruits and seeds and have a big handful everyday.

I did read the information in the link and it was interesting.
I think most of this I already do.
Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
thankana
Part of the furniture
thankana

Female
Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2010-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey EmptySun 26 Dec 2010, 8:31 pm

• Carbonated beverages - Dont drink them
  • Soft “doughy” bread - Dont eat bread
  • Pasta - Avoid Pasta
  • Rice - This one is hard I find rice hard to resist AND I'm off to Vietnam in August!
  • Tough, dry, red meat - Medium to rare thanks.
  • Nuts - I love nuts but have been trying to resist.
  • Popcorn - yep avoiding this one easily
  • Other fibrous foods - no idea what this is
  • Caffeine in moderation - yeah that aint happening at all
  • Alcohol in moderation (more on this in the Alcohol section below) - I dont drink alcohol so I dont care.

just had to do this for myself.
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey EmptySat 25 Dec 2010, 12:09 am

Moved from "General Chat"
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey EmptyThu 23 Dec 2010, 1:17 am

Hi Smidge - I'm doing the same as you, just taking it gently and guaging what happens - main thin is I'm avoiding drinking too close to eating, I think that was my major problem (as you say it all makes sense when you read the articles!).
Good luck with it all, chew, chew, chew and take it easy
xox Pippa
Back to top Go down
Smidge
Smidge

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 12:07 pm

Hi Pippa - I read your post on my Dec forum and here and you have hit the nail on the head for me! Thanks! :) I had a massive turn this morning and had to go back to bed to let the thumping settle down. I went to the web pages you recommended and it just all made sense. Thanks so much for the links - I can now think a lot more clearly about what is happening when Iv eaten something new, and make better choices.
Cheers
Smidge
Back to top Go down
pippa
Part of the furniture
pippa

Female
Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey EmptyWed 22 Dec 2010, 10:53 am

Hi Guys - after being told today that my palpitations and tiredness after eating were due to dumping I thought I'd better do some research. This site is really useful for what to eat, when to eat and how to eat after surgery - with reasons for and against some foods.
Bariatric Diet, Bariatric Eating, the Top 5 Long-Term Success Factors and 12 Tips to Keep You on Track
Reviewed by Nancy DeLuca, RD
http://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/bariatric-diet.html
"Life after surgery" is very interesting too.
I'm going to print this out so that I have it to hand easily - may stop me eating the wrong stuff and get me into good habits.
Have a good evening all xoxox
Pippa

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diet how to's before and after surgey   Diet how to's before and after surgey Empty

Back to top Go down

Diet how to's before and after surgey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: