AuthorMessage
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

Technically, it's braising, Jack.
Back to top Go down
Jacko84
Part of the furniture
Jacko84

Male
Number of posts : 694
Registration date : 2011-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

ill be watching this too, very interested does it roast or stew? reckon id love a roast lamb in the slow cooker
Back to top Go down
Cherrypie
Cherrypie

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 19 Sep 2011, 7:45 am

I tried slow cooking a roast lamb joint yesterday after seeing it recommended on here. I was fabulous (so much so that my daughter ate loads, and she's not a roast fan).

I didn't brown it (as I have a slow cooker book which recommends that it's not necessary, so I never bother!). I cut up potatoes in their skins into quarters, studded the rolled roast with garlic and rosemary, and placed the meat on top of the spuds. I slow cooked it on high for 7 or 8 hours, and it was fab.

I'm still on the soft food stage, so I'm not able to tolerate meat that needs a bit of chewing. This was perfect 'melt in the mouth' . The spuds were great too. Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker 65317 .
Back to top Go down
L@Melb
L@Melb

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-03-29

PostSubject: Slow Cooked Roast Lamb - perfectly   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 16 May 2011, 2:06 pm

I did a 1.3kg boneless (deboned) roast in my slow cooker. It was BRILLIANT. The meat should be browned first in a frypan, then placed in the cooker so that it doesn't touch the bottom - I browned then studded with slices of garlic and placed on peeled onions and potatoes. It was also necessary to pour in about 1/2 cup water (or tomato juice, wine, stock etc) at the bottom of the cooker. The recipe I had said 3-4 hours on high or 8 hours on low or "auto". But it took just over 2 hours on high. I used a meat thermometer but in the end could tell by pressing the meat that it was to my taste.

I expect it would take the longer time if it had the bone in or had been rolled.

It was easy, didn't shrink much at all and tasted great. I froze some in thick slices between pieces of baking paper.

Then I added water and bones to the meat juices at the bottom of the cooker and made some of the best stock I've had in years.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Tash
Top Poster
Top Poster
Tash

Female
Number of posts : 1492
Registration date : 2011-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptySat 30 Apr 2011, 6:19 am

Thanks Daniela
Going to try it too. sounds fab and no fuss which is what I love. :-)
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 7:22 am

Yummo! Thanks, will give it a try!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 3:28 am

Oh yum, thank you Daniela, that sounds delicious. I'll definately be trying it :-)

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Daniela
Daniela

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 12:18 am

hi peazles
i do roast lamb all the time...
i usually start by searing it off in a pan first although last time i didnt and it turned out exactly the same lol..
but i make my own sauce to cook it in...
i mix together some wholegrain mustard, olive oil, parsley, rosemary, salt pepper alot of garlic,(any herbs really are good), then i smother it all over the meat and cook it on high for about 2 hours, then turn it down to low for about 5 hours...
it is sooo soft.. as in i cant even cut it with a knife, it just breaks up..
also a variation which was lovely.. instead of the wholegrain mustard put a can of chopped tomatoes, and it just adds a lovely flavour while it is cooking..
plus all the juices in the bottom of the pan make a lovely gravy =)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptySun 19 Dec 2010, 12:13 am

Sorry only done silverside.

Check out this recipe.....

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/Pages/Recipes/RecipeDetail.aspx?iid=9082
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker EmptySat 18 Dec 2010, 3:27 am

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone here has cooked a roast lamb in a slow cooker? I'd like to give it a shot but not sure about it. Any directions would be greatfully received!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker   Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker Empty

Back to top Go down

Query re. cooking roast lamb in slow cooker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Recipes-
Jump to: