Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..

Go down 
+6
Jigglypuff
myeverest
Janette
chrisbychic
9jamama
stuckinafatsuit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:33 pm

stuckinafatsuit wrote:
Hello,

Ive been a memeber of the site for a little while now just stalking what you all had to say before introducing myself!

Im 30 yo female from (Eastern suburbs) Melbourne. Ive got my sleeve operation booked for Wednesday 8th December with Dr Patrick Moore at Epworth Box Hill. Im a low BMI patient: 35. Mr Moore seems to be a very highly qualified and experienced surgeon and from feedback I have had from his previous patients, I feel I am in the best hands.

That aside, I Have to say I am TERRIFIED with a capital T about the surgery in 2 days, the possible complications, the terrible tubes post op, the starvation while stuck on liquids..ahhh. And of course that lingering doubt that im making the wrong decision. 'Maybe I should just keep trying the old fashioned way to lose the weight, just dont eat so much, etc etc'- I keep asking myself. Anyway as D day draws closer I feel I must accept my fate and be brave.

I must say this is a fantastic site, not just for current sleevers but for those fighting the weight war and trying to find a weapon. I have to credit this site for helping me make my surgical decision..band/stapling or sleeve. Wish me luck!!

Just wanted to say it is a great fate and not one to be scared of, it is the start of a new life where health and happiness will be the main focus of your life instead of what am I going to wear. Please don't be terrified I have done enough of that for 10 people and guess what it was all ok, I was out of hospital in 26 hours.

The old fashioned way sometimes it just insn't meant to be, this new wonderful sleeve will help you live life now I am in the same age bracket as you and was so scared of diabeties and other illnesses associated with being overweight you are about to undertake an operation to give you health not illness think of it that way and good luck
Back to top Go down
stuckinafatsuit

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the latest replys ifonly, Diamonds and Ozzieloz!

Your words of wisdom and encouragement are what I needed to hear right now as I tremble in my boots.. Sounds like you are all happy with your decision to go ahead and that inspires me in my journey.

Ill say Hi to Patrick for you Diamonds, Im sure he'll remember the blonde chick he referred to a Brissy surgeon.

Im going to have that damned barium swallow tomorrow (a day b4 my surgery), very late I know but Ive put it off as I hate tasting gross stuff.

Thanks again guys, your words are much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptyMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:29 am

Hi Stuckinafatsuit
Welcome to the site - and yes, it is just fantastic for gaining information to assist in making your decision - and the support on here whatever your decision is also just fabulous.

I am 6 weeks post-op, and I must admist that all the fears you are going through also entered my mind and my heart - it is scary to think about what is to be done - but just remember why you are doing this - stay confident with your decision and your doctor, and work with him and his team - and you won't regret it.

I feel fantastic - better than I ever thought - and am now enjoying normal food again - and believe me you won't feel like you are starving either! I enjoy good food now, and am losing weight steadily, losing cms, and losing lots of medication that I was stuck on because of obesity-related conditions that are now under control or diminishing quickly.

Best wishes to you
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ifonly
ifonly

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 11:58 pm

I can totally understand how you are feeling. I am a week out from mine and currently suffering through the Optifast diet. The nerves are definitely there but i just keep telling myself that i am going to be fine and what ever may be put in my path i will over come.

Good luck and see you on the other side.

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 63412
Back to top Go down
stuckinafatsuit

Female

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 11:55 pm

Thanks for the well wishes and words of wisdom guys!!

One question though, did anyone have a pre op fear that after being sleeved they may get way to skinny or starve to death? Or even, in reality, got to underweight? Sounds rediculous I know But just a nother little fear of mine bouncing around in my head before the surgery..

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 697586
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 11:22 pm

Welcome and good luck for Wednesday!

Its normal to be worried about any surgery, I wish I could say don't worry...but you will, like all of us did :) In hindsight I had nothing to worry about and just took one day at a time during recovery.

I am now 12 days post-op and feel a million dollars, I have dropped quite a bit of weight in that time, have heaps of energy and no pain. Trust in your surgeon and his team....you will do great.

Hugs,

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 8:55 pm

Hi
welcome to the forum and all the best with your op.
I hope your recovery is as easy as mine.

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 542174 Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 542174 Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 542174
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 6:50 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Good luck with your surgery, you will be fine.
LOL on the tubes, I didn't have any Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 542174

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 217555 Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. 217555
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 5:49 pm

Hi there
Glad you came out before the big day!
Wishing you all the luck in the world for an easy op and recovery.
I'm sure you'll be fine, but we all have the pre-op jitters, so you're not alone there.
Back to top Go down
9jamama
9jamama

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 5:31 pm

Hi Melbourne Pre-sleever!
I'm fairly new here too, and I totally relate to what you said about 'site-stalking' before the first post... and also about being stuck in a fat suit. Well, my op is a little ways down the road from yours (early Jan), but I truly think it's an awesome step to take. I do wish you all the best in your op. I think you'll find, with a little more stalking, that there are so many people who have made this journey ahead of you, and get so much encouragement from reading their stories.

'See' you on the other side!
Back to top Go down
stuckinafatsuit

Female

PostSubject: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. EmptySun 05 Dec 2010, 3:50 pm

Hello,

Ive been a memeber of the site for a little while now just stalking what you all had to say before introducing myself!

Im 30 yo female from (Eastern suburbs) Melbourne. Ive got my sleeve operation booked for Wednesday 8th December with Dr Patrick Moore at Epworth Box Hill. Im a low BMI patient: 35. Mr Moore seems to be a very highly qualified and experienced surgeon and from feedback I have had from his previous patients, I feel I am in the best hands.

That aside, I Have to say I am TERRIFIED with a capital T about the surgery in 2 days, the possible complications, the terrible tubes post op, the starvation while stuck on liquids..ahhh. And of course that lingering doubt that im making the wrong decision. 'Maybe I should just keep trying the old fashioned way to lose the weight, just dont eat so much, etc etc'- I keep asking myself. Anyway as D day draws closer I feel I must accept my fate and be brave.

I must say this is a fantastic site, not just for current sleevers but for those fighting the weight war and trying to find a weapon. I have to credit this site for helping me make my surgical decision..band/stapling or sleeve. Wish me luck!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..   Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducing a new Melbourne Pre Sleever..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: