AuthorMessage
Oki Doki Joy
Part of the furniture
Oki Doki Joy

Female
Number of posts : 654
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Newbie from Wollongong, NSW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 4:25 am

I moved to Dr Taylor from another surgeon. I did a lot of research when I decided I wasn't happy with the first guy - cost wasn't a factor but it's interesting that Dr Taylor turned out to be one of the cheapest AND most experienced. I outlined why in my diary (see sig below). Things to consider:
- he only does bands and sleeves so he's done so MANY Of them. Never had a leak.
- but his costs include dietitian (8 visits) and 2 for shrink. You might want someone closer to where you live?
- sleeve dietitians have different info than band dietitians so be careful with the advice if you move to a local one. His are skilled in both.
- his costs were all inclusive of anaethetist, assistant surgeon etc. See here costs for gastric sleeve - includes any fixes in the future.
Buyer beware: I don't have my band done until January 10, so all opinions are of course pre-op.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/the-diary-f8/the-big-joyful-
Slaps
Part of the furniture
Slaps

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 2:41 am

Hi Guys,

Quick question to the south coasters :)

I picked Dr Taylor he is in Syndey very nice, but i picked him because of price, they quoted $9003 for everything and after care, it seemed cheap :)

I have no private health so am paying it myself. How was / is your cost??

Would love to be closer to home when have op Dr taylor said would be in hospital for 3 days and he would like me to stay in sydney for 10 to 12 days incase anything goes wrong??

Thanks for your help
Caitlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlapsSleeve
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 12:48 am

Hi Tammy,

If you check out the Get-together section, Nerida has suggested a pre-xmas meet up in the Wollongong area. It would be a great thing for you to go to if you can make it. I find it excellent to be able to talk to other sleevers, and just relax in an environment where all things "Sleeve" are normal, LOL.

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:07 pm

Hi Tammy

I'm a bit further away...down in Gerringong...
Are you on any reflux meds? maybe try more liquid with your puree and then gradually thicken it as you can handle it....good luck with it and don't worry you will absolutely love your sleeve ...soon..
Nerida
Back to top Go down
darrenpincini
darrenpincini

Male
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:26 am

hi tammy

i live in fairy meadow so guess we r nearly neighbours

i crossed over late august and i love it

if u would ever like catch up with a fellow sleever drop me a pm ill send you my number

darren
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 6:21 am

Hi Tammy and welcome to the forum.
Congratulations on being sleeved.

Sorry can't help you with your drinking and eating, I have never had any trouble with it.

The gurgling is normal, LOL like a drain......it gets better with time.
I still get rumbling and lots of tummy noise one year out, but know where as bad as it used to be.

Hang in there, it gets better with time.

Newbie from Wollongong, NSW 217555 Newbie from Wollongong, NSW 217555
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:29 am

Hi Tammy and welcome to this great site,

There are a few members down your way and I'm sure you'll hear from them when they're next on the site. Congratulations on your sleeve op, I had mine in Feb this year and am very happy.

I was very slow to move on to normal food, but if you're still only on purees at this stage, I would suggest talking to your surgeon and/or dietician to see what they recommend.

The swallowing air when you eat or drink has been a problem for a few people and I remember Zoe saying that she got around it by trying to breathe out before swallowing.
As for the gurgling, churning that goes on in there Newbie from Wollongong, NSW 595690 ... I think that's pretty normal, particularly early on. I sounded like the waterpipes in an old haunted house and although it's not as bad now, it is certainly noiser than it used to be. I also burp a lot which I didn't do pre-op.

Have a good look around the site, there is a lot of great information here to help you along the way. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries are a fantastic resource, and the Pre-op & Post-op sections will be helpful too. Along with the October Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works, and if you want to put a ticker in your signature the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:24 am

hello and welcome

i cnt help u i havnt had surgery yet but there is plenty things here to read could help you if you read the post op pages they can be helpful
but im sure someone will help u soon

mel
Back to top Go down
tamsweet76
tamsweet76

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 4:00 am

Hi My name is Tammy and I had my Sleeve done by Dr Budak in Wollongong and I would highly recommend him, he was very lovely doctor and has wonderful bedside manner and is very understanding!!

I had my surgery done in Figtree Private Hospital on 20th October 2010. I am now 6 weeks post-surgery and I am still finding it very difficult to stomach even pureed foods - even though I am supposed to be having them now :-( I also find that anything dairy (even the diet shakes) are making me very nauseaous, but I have just gone to see my GP today and he gave me some Maxilon tablets to take and fingers crossed they help me.

Does anyone still get lots of pain from swallowing air when they drink or eat? I must be doing something wrong maybe because my stomach is always gurgling and gulping wind.

Would love to hear from anyone else from the Wollongong area :-)

Tammy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Wollongong, NSW   Newbie from Wollongong, NSW Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Wollongong, NSW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: