zara
zara

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-12-01

HI All my story to help Empty
PostSubject: wow   HI All my story to help EmptyMon 22 Aug 2011, 12:46 am

aswan wrote:
aka Olestra - take a look on Wiki. It has many (potential) uses!

WOW would never of known thanks for the information
Back to top Go down
aswan
Part of the furniture
aswan

Female
Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptySun 21 Aug 2011, 3:41 pm

aka Olestra - take a look on Wiki. It has many (potential) uses!
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female

PostSubject: It is Great   HI All my story to help EmptySat 20 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

Hi All a long time between posts glad the site is so busy the information here really is so useful.

"It" is my sleeve and "it" is great and changed my life to a life I want to live again.

For me the great things I am experiencing in changes in clothing, I can go in to a normal shop and things fit me. I have not weighed myself since going under 100kgs as I find that striving for a number makes me anxious and anxiety had caused my weight gain. YEP I was an emotional eater, I still am but now I know that control is up to me and I have the tools to go no.

If I get really stressed I will go to the supermarket and buy things that I used to eat, I don't realize the stress and anxiety until after I go to supermarket so I come home and have junk food so what do I do now.... I give it away... I take it to a friends house and give it to them, for some strange reason this fulfils that stressful moment and I havent eaten thousands of calories, yep I now watch those calories they can be so harmful to your health lol.

So having a sleeve doesn't mean you are automatically fixed, you need to combine some brain power to understand why you want to eat and why life feels so hard. I love "it" and I don't want to look back and I never want to go back to being obese. I am thankful every day that I can now look at myself in a mirror and think looking good!

I even had a dream the other night and I clearly remember in the dream I was telling myself that I loved myself, wow so many years of hate which had led to weight gain.

I have to laugh at myself sometimes when I buy clothing online and order too big a size, I just don't get how much I don't need that super big jumper to hide in any more.

I only have a small thing that I would change I hated myself so much that I hadn't been in a photo for so long, I wish that I had a before photo just so that I could look and go wow eeeee. I do need a new drivers licence that face photo doesn't look like me anymore. I believe that before photo is a part of the process of gaining love for yourself again, I recommend anyone who is begining the change of sleeve surgery to take a full length photo, you may not like it but put it away so that in the future you can really see the changes. I almost would recommend to my dr that they should take a photo and keep it for us so that we can see what progress we have made, I never trusted anyone to take that picture please either trust yourself or a close friend.

I go out to restaurants with friends now and order a kids size serving and even that is too large, my friends do not know that I had sleeve surgery that is my private business, but it is wonderful to sit and leave food on a plate and be content with a full sleeve lol.

Pringles were one of my bad habits I found this on the internet and it has now made me side step pringles forever so I thought I would share.... maybe more stories like this can help everyone in the future we need to watch what we put in our mouths if you are offended by swearing please don't read on...

Don’t even fucking say a word. I like potato chips, and can’t eat them very much or I’ll get fat.

I tried out these Pringles Fat-Free chips because they were super low-cal. BBQ flavor. the fuck.

The can said they had 70 calories per serving, which meant the whole can had 490 calories inside total. I could munch through a can in a day with my lunch, dinner, etc. So I got several cans, and began enjoying one a day for the past four days.

But what they dont fucking tell you…

Except in tiny print you cant read without a fucking electron microscope

…is that the primary ingredient is something called “olean” which I have since learned is Latin for “Unwashable & Indestructible Ass Grease.”

Oh Yeah. I’m not even kidding.

So today, while I’m standing in the living room debating whether or not Laundry or Dishes will get done first, I get the urge to fart. I live alone, so sweet. I let the honk loose and its wrong. Something just sounded wrong. I know my own wind, and I have never farted a sound that sounded like a fart wrapped in a pillow.

Oh yes, something was very wrong. I had just shat myself. But this evil olean makes shitting yourself sound almost like a regular fart, and had I not been particularly attentive, it could easily have gone unnoticed, I’m telling you. THAT’s how utterly covert and evil this olean stuff is. What the fuck?! What if I’d gone out to hang with friends or gone for a drive, what then?

So I walk carefully to the bathroom and disrobe. before I even sit on the toilet, I wad paper and carefully wipe from the front. Sure enough, it was light brown, and had the texture of soft spackle.

You fucking Pringle bastards.

I sat down and pushed a bit, and lo, out came a jet that I didnt even feel an urge for one minute earlier. It piled in the bowl like brown marshmallow fluff.

The problem rose when I tried to wipe. I went through a whole fucking roll of TP and could not get it all off me. So.

I jumped in the shower. Yep, its gross, but it had to be done. There I stood, water pouring down, cheeks spread, and using my own hand to make certain I’m clean.

That was when I discovered that after using my hand to wipe myself (before I soaped the area) my hand came back covered in some sort of transparent grease. It was so fucking foul. The grease made water bead off my hand. It was tacky too, and very difficult to manage.

So I grabbed the bar of saop and went to work.

You fucking Pringle bastards.

The bar of soap came away coated in grease as well, and would no longer wash. I had to turn the water to hot and massage the soap for five minutes to get it to the point where I could use it again. It took me an hour to get the fucking grease off my pucker. I shudder to think of what its doing INSIDE ME right now, but I will damned sure never eat that shit again.

You Fucking Pringle bastards.

(Source - Craigslist.org rant)
Back to top Go down
prillbaby

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-01-01

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 1:55 am

Oh Zara, you are speaking my mind about the bloody TV wanting you to eat junk!!! The amount of ads on tv & in mags for all kinds of food is ridiculous! Constantly presented in the best light ever.... seriously my macca's has never looked like their ad but it still makes me feel like eating it! I could sue McDonalds for mental distress at this point (perhaps that's how I'll pay for my future required plastic surgery!).

If the obesity epidemic continues they will need to ban some of this advertising like they did with cigarettes. I hope there is a real turning point at some stage as it's terrible to tell generations to sit on yr bum & use electronic devices, fill up on fast food & then look like Miranda Kerr... confusing much!?!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 9:28 pm

Hi Zara
I've taken note of that CD, as I think I need something like that - thanks.
How's your protein for the rest of the day? A spoonful of cottage cheese and sour cream isn't much protein for a meal, and don't forget that we need to have protein first at every meal - just a gentle reminder.
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female

PostSubject: how I have kept going   HI All my story to help EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 8:53 pm

I have been really lucky with my sleeve and found it a wonderful tool to find out what was really making me head to the cupboards and it was stress there have been times where I just open the cupboard doors and look in and I know I would normally binge eat and I can now look at all these moments and see that at high anxiety and stress I would turn to food.

I use Paul McKenna Cd's about motivation and weight loss and if I find that I am going back to old habits I just try and relax and listen to the cd's and get myself back on the right track. A lot of his books and cd's can be found on ebay and if you can't find it there I have found booktopia.com.au great for motivational material.

I haven't been able to exercise like I would of liked as I did get kidney stones and ended up in hospital and they took a lot of energy out of me.

I love eating a salad for tea now something I would never of done, I buy the pre mixed lettuce from the supermarket and mix two of them together and then put a spoonful of cottage cheese mix with sour cream and chives and use that as my dressing, it is a really good dinner and I sit and eat it normally when all the junk food ads are on tv and it puts a smile on my face.

I stick by the fact that the tv wants us to eat junk food and anyone newly sleeved should stick to dvd's as it really helps.

thank you for the positive comments I never thought that this was possible but it is and it is wonderful I am under the 100kg and my wii is my scales and my main exercise however a gym membership is in the works because I finally need to stop hiding at home.

take care everyone and always happy to answer q's
Z
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 5:36 pm

Hi Zara
Thanks for sharing your story - what a shame you didn't find this forum before your op.
Oh well, you're here now, and that's great.
So how is your weight going now? Still on a high from weight loss? I don't have bipolar, but do suffer from both depression and anxiety so can relate a lot.
Back to top Go down
Juwa
Juwa

Female
Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 3:57 pm

Hi Zara.... It's been lovely reading your story.... Thanks for sharing, am very happy for you. I've been giving opti fast a go this week to see if I could manage it... And I quite like it too. Think i lost a kg or 2 cos i feel a bit better. No where near 'opti puke' for me!

I haven't really read much in the diary section as I'd like to read them from the start... The long termers, and they have many many pages I'd have to read and haven't managed it yet. I will be starting to read them and some of the newbies too. I don't know if you have time but if you start a diary I would love to follow your journey. I already relate to you cos I have had depression in the past too. My diagnosis is bipolar although it's well managed these days. I still occasionally have the doona days in bed too but hardly ever now. Have been trying to find sleeved people with bipolar for their experiences but to date only 2.... I want to find more.

Anyhow, congratulations on taking the plunge for a better life... Am so happy you're already seeing benefits.

Hope to follow your journey,

J:) xx

Ps: I'm back, didn't realize you're as far along as you are til I saw your ticker. Even if you don't start a diary, make sure you drop in from time to time:) keep up the wonderful work!!

Ps: can you tell me the name of your positive talk cd? With my fear of the op, I could probably benefit too.
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female

PostSubject: been awhile   HI All my story to help EmptyTue 12 Apr 2011, 3:11 pm

Wow everyone been awhile since I have been on the forums

The forums rock for support!

I have to say that I only have positive and love for my sleeve it is making changes in my life that I thought were not possible. You know the comment the black cloud is lifting, I never believed that but I now do, my life is changing in so many ways that the depression is less the ability to manage my life is improving.
The motivation to do loads of washing and keep on top of the house work is returning, there are less times where I hide under the doona for the whole day.

To all I offer my support and want you to know that you can do it and you will learn to love the changes in your body, I love the fact that I can actually look at myself in a mirror again.

thanks for reading hugs to all that need them and high fives to all those that are meeting there goals
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 10:06 pm

Thanks MummaCass
I know there is negative stories and believe me my depression was so bad I could of talked myself into being sick for weeks but I am choosing this to make it about living and making the changes.

Sometimes I get some pain and I just used a relaxation cd it moves my mind off the pain.

I am all for hearing both sides of the story but back when I starated looking into a band all the sleeve information was really negative and the band worried me about having something foreign in my body and the restrictions it placed on me.

Believe me you could get to type on a blue day and the story could read totally different.
Back to top Go down
MummaCass
Part of the furniture
MummaCass

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 8:38 pm

Hi Zara, thanks for sharing your positive story.
I think it is important for people to read good outcomes as well as bad. My surgery went fairly well too. I know reading some negative experiences can be scary.. at the same time though I think hearing both sides is important in order to make informed choices.
I have no regrets with my sleeve!
Back to top Go down
zara
zara

Female

PostSubject: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help EmptyWed 01 Dec 2010, 3:59 am

HI I had my sleeve surgery 8 10.30am days ago I just would like to inspire and help others and answer q's the best I can.

I suffer depression and anxiety and had ballooned out to a 142 kgs and nothing I did was helping. I lived in my pj's as I didn't have much clothing that fit me.

My surgery was postponed twice because of planets not aligning lol, and during this time I had been using optifast which I actually find ok, strange but I do. I love the bars coffee and chocolate and the lemon desert. Before surgery I was weighed I had lost 17 kilo's it really shocked me.

My surgery went well I was so nervous weeks leading up to the last two dates that I couln't sleep but when the 23rd came around I was sure I would get postponed again believing that everything bad in the world happens to me.

Was still in waiting room waiting for it to be cancelled even still waiting when doctor came to see me, lucky I had a gret book Sir Richard Brason loosing my virginity any way IT HAPPENED! The operation

was sucessful it was shorted than what I had been expecting just about 90 minutes.

I woke up in recovery in pain and was given pain killers. I was taken to the ward on 30 minute obs and still had a pain level 0f 7/10 I was given more pain killers but the pain wouldn't go away, I could describe very well what the pain was and it was relised that the drain that was put in was hitting a nerve, so the doctor approve dit coming out and then my pain level went to a 2/10. I felt great

Within hours of my surgery I got out of bed and went to the toilette I was going to also change out of gown at the same time but found going to the toilette enough to wear me out - I wanted back to bed.

I slept on and off and about 10.30 pm I was walking up and down the corridor I was constant going to the toilette and was feeling good. My pain levels did increase when medication wore off but no higher than a 4/10

I ha ice and water through a straw felt some nausea but no too much. I was expecting a three night stay in hospital and it was so noicey and hot I didn't like the place. In the morning my first q's was can I go home. This was debate until surgeon came and looked at me and was pleased with how I was and said it was up to me if I wanted to go home because everything had gone so well. ( he was lovely and re assuring)

I had smoothie before leaving hospital it was great it was quite thick, a lot thicker than what I thought I would be able to handle.

I was out of hospital by 11am on the Wednesday so I had been there 26hours.

Got home, my own bed was a dream, managed my own pain. Have been feeling great since, I do not find tablets hard to swollen I just had to learn to such up a short quick swallow of water and I was fine.

I have been (eating) lol optifast making the shakes with 50 ml of water which is very thick but the vanilla at this thickness is great I wish I had of done this before op.

I have tried up and go but the nutrition value isn't great. V8 juice has been great I did water it down a bit. I have been having lots of pumkin soup and that has been really good the nice warm soup feels great in my stomach.

I am amazed at how good I feel, I had read so much bad stuff over the internet and was so scared but guess what.... I would of been even better had I not read the stories on the internet the positive self talk is what has got me through. A self hypnoses cd on positive thoughts is my relaxing time and it has helped I highly recommend.

I want people to know that I was very unfit and healthy before surgery my recovery wasn't because I have some secret medicine it is the power of positive thinking. The thoughts of this cost a lot of money lets not waste it. This surgery wasn't to make me ill it was to make me well for the future. So I make myself get up and start this future now, positive energy positive supporting friends only the very close ones know what I have had done and they are great.

The things I would of done different had I known. Bought some good straws before hospital (even go to macca's and take a handful) the cheap ones do make it harder to drink liquids. Had a variety of things ready to try when I came home pumpkin soup, other soups, ice cream, peaches mushed, apple sauce, youghut, drinking youghurt, baby food, custard, opti fast.

The things I now have to work out is what are the sounds of my stomach I have to learn to understand my sounds of my body again and what they mean a grumble isn't because I am hungry it is still gas in my body at this stage.

Happy to answer any q's

Darrin Goodall-Wilson was my doctor Saint John of God Hospital Geelong. I could't of asked for a better sugeon and carring person he has been truely wonderful and pleasant to deal with, post op I have his mobile to contact if any issues he is a really amazing person he made me feel very relaxed and calm about the surgery
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HI All my story to help   HI All my story to help Empty

Back to top Go down

HI All my story to help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: