AuthorMessage
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

When did you get your sleeve date? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 9:30 am

awesome news mer!!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
Mer

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 7:39 am

Well I got my date today..

Jan 24! Now the tummy is doing flip flops...lol
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 7:02 am

I had my consult and was sleeved 11 days later :)
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptyMon 29 Nov 2010, 3:32 am

I went in to see my surgeon about being banded, I walked out about 1/2 an hour later with a sleeve date in 20 days.
Back to top Go down
Mer

Female

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm

Wow, ok so it is possible..oops, won't share that with mum just yet..LOL..

I wouldn't mind going in before Christmas, the sooner the better I say!!!
Even though I am going as a private patient, I am paying for it out of my own pocket.. In my eyes it will be the best money I will ever spend... God knows how much I have already spent on WL over the years!!

Cheers
Meredith
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 8:42 pm

hello

i went in on my first appointment he asked when i wanted the surgery i told hi which mnth and he gave me a date

mel
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 8:14 pm

It depends on your surgeon and what they test for beforehand. Some have to go through sleep studies and other tests before they can be deemed safe to operate on, I wouldn't imagine them getting a date at first consult.

I had no real co morbidities, so only had a gazillion blood tests and a few visits with the dietitian. I went in to my first appointment with my surgeon and had my date when I walked out and I picked a date that suited me.
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 6:58 pm

all surgeons have different ways of organising how things are done.

if you are funded, and are ready to go, you cna have all your appointments done and be in surgery in 2 weeks!! (long enough to do opti).
not all surgeons have seminars or groups before you can see the surgeon.

I saw my surgeon, and booked at the same time. and go the date that i wanted!!
easy as pie..... lol

if you are planning on changing your way of life, does it matter if it is before or after Christmas? I know food is an important part of the celebration, but isn't the gift of a new life what Christmas is about? i would love to be done a week or so before Christmas!! was done in september...... school holidays!!

don't be scared.

but know you can book on the day.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 6:43 pm

Morning

Protocol for the surgeon I seen is you must attend a seminar on WLS before he will see you.

Second step is to see his bariatic nurse who goes through everything, and this is when I booked my surgery as it was 6 weeks before I could get in to see the surgeon. I choose my own surgery date that suited me.

Only other things I had to do before my surgery was see a dietician and have bloods done 2 weeks before my surgery.

Good luck with your appointment and journey. When did you get your sleeve date? 217555

Last edited by Janette on Sun 28 Nov 2010, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mer

Female

PostSubject: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? EmptySun 28 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

your sleeve date??

Was it at your first appointment with the surgeon? Or did you have to run through a series of tests first?

My app is on Wednesday and I am trying to reassure my support crew (mum and husband..lol) that I am pretty sure I won't go in on Wednesday and walk out with my pre op regime and a date!! Mum is stressing over Chrissy..Bless her.. She is not only my mum but my best friend and has been so supportive about ANYTHING I have done (or not done) in my life... I told her I don't expect a date until Jan/Feb?

Would love to hear what happened to others on their first appointment..

Cheers
Meredith
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When did you get your sleeve date?   When did you get your sleeve date? Empty

Back to top Go down

When did you get your sleeve date?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: