3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcduff
mcduff

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-05-18

Canberran newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canberran newbie   Canberran newbie EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi

I have just been sleeved on 6th October by Charlie Mosse and i thought he was wonderful. Very friendly bedside manner and approachable. I highly recommend him.

I was out of pocket around $7k but 7 weeks after surgery i still think it was worth it.

Actually me and another lady, Katie from canberra are meeting up tommorow at Gus's at 10.30 in civic if you are interested in coming along, the more the merrier.

cheers

Lynne
Back to top Go down
DBFiveGirl
DBFiveGirl

Female
Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Canberran newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canberran newbie   Canberran newbie EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 7:42 am

Hey there

I'm in Canberra. I went to an info session by Canberra Bariatric but wasn't overly impressed by Charles Mosse. I also work in the health industry here and Canberra is so often one degree of separation so my GP suggested Sydney both for privacy reasons but also because of the greater choice of experienced surgeons.

I've got my first appointment with Michael Talbot's rooms on 13 December, so will get the assessment done and make a time to see the surgeon and hopefully also book a date. Can't have a surgery date sooner than mid May since that's when my 12 month waiting period on my PHI will be up. I know it's a bit more mucking around with having to travel up to Sydney but it worked out well for this trip in December since I was going up anyway to see U2. Then there'll be the trip up to see the surgeon but that will be it until the actual surgery date.

My MIL lives in Bowral so my partner will probably stay there and commute to Sydney when I have the actual surgery.

Tablot comes highly recommended. All up taking into account what PHI will cover, it will cost about $5,000 in out of pocket expense. And waiting times between seeing the surgeon and getting a date for surgery are 4-6 weeks according to his reception so not much in the way of a waiting period.
Back to top Go down
http://absolutelygutless.blogspot.com/
Lillipilli

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Canberran newbie Empty
PostSubject: Canberran newbie   Canberran newbie EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 8:04 am

Hi All!

I'm interested in any advice Canberrans can give me regardng sleeving.

I'm looking at getting into Charlie Mosses (eventually).

Has anyone been elsewhere for cheaper surgery. (I know that tho O clinic does it Sydney for $9300, but then you've got accomadation and all that on top).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canberran newbie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canberran newbie   Canberran newbie Empty

Back to top Go down

Canberran newbie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: