AuthorMessage
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

When will I feel 'normal' again? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 7:55 pm

Hi there people
I hear you people and sympathise- I remember that shoulder tip pain so vividly now that gkathanasiou has mentioned it again!!
But I seriously thought "what have I done?" when that shoulder tip pain stayed with me for so long - and yet here I sit with only a distant memory - only about 6 weeks later!!!

Believe us - you will be the same - and 6 weeks is a blip in time - once you recover. So, be patient, let the housework wait, or delegate - and allow yourselves time to recover from major surgery - and take notice of all the little but huge changes happening to your wonderful body!!! And don't hesitate to take pain relief for that shoulder tip pain - and ask questions about anything and everything!

Best wishes for your success
Loz
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:38 pm

9 days out and I'm only starting to see the silver lining. Still feel tired a lot of the time. Have decided to delegate the house work to husband and children and just take it easy.

Major surgery. Major surgery.
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:42 am

Lol - you should go back and read some of the diaries... some of us truly feel like crap post surgery! I think the term sssss used is 'backed over by a truck'.

Take it easy, you've had major surgery. When I was 4 weeks post op I had a group of cleaners sweep through my house. Boy, that was great!
Back to top Go down
gkathanasiou
gkathanasiou

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyFri 26 Nov 2010, 9:25 am

I feel the same....im 3 days out and feel like crap....having a hard time breathing and this sholder tip pain is the worst!~ im drinking okay...yet drank a little fast when taking my meds and it all came back up again....not nice at all!~ im home from hospital now...thank god...to my own bed....just so so so tired...can't keep my eyes open.... to be honest the though of what have a done has gone through my head more then once!!!
Back to top Go down
Busy Bee

Female
Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2010-10-13

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 9:38 am

LOL Miss Vicki - I too have been watching countless hours of mindless TV! Even the christian shows at 4AM are proving quite the entertainment at the moment!! Bit sad really!!

Thanks for understanding exactly where I'm coming from - and you are right. We will look back on this time and wonder what we were worried about I'm sure!!!

Is all good!!
Back to top Go down
Miss Vicki

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: I hear Ya!   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 3:40 am

Hey Busy!

I hear ya......Today is another day and I am feeling better every day as well!! Although I do feel a bit bored sitting her watching Dr Phil, Ophra, Judge Judy and everything else that comes on telly, but I am sure it will pay off next week, when I feel heaps better, and hopefully start to feel like my old self a little........I am sure it the shock our bodies have had as to why we feel like we do!

So Hang in there and just know that you are not alone!!!
I am right here with ya.....

Have a great day, and take the time to enjoy the beautiful sunshine, cause soon it will be back to normal, and we will wonder why we didnt take more time to rest when we could...... When will I feel 'normal' again? 63412

Back to top Go down
Busy Bee

Female

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyThu 25 Nov 2010, 3:25 am

Thanks everyone so much for your kind words...

I know what you're saying is right, I'm just a bit taken by suprise at how shithouse i feel!!! LOL

I do think half my issue is in my head also... I feel like I'm in a constant silent battle with my head telling me I want to eat and not being able to (still on liquid stage) and then thinking WHAT THE HECK did I do this to myself for??!!!!!!!!!!!

When will I feel 'normal' again? 595690

I'm sure as the weeks go by and my body adjusts I'll feel better.

thanks again

xx
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm

Kitkatkoe wrote:

All worth it though.. the pain is now a distant memory and the results be it slow have made it all an amazing experience

1000 times over!!

Rest, rest, rest, the washing isn't going anywhere. Take your time, you've had most of your staomach removed and your body is in shock at having to survive on WAY less fuel than its used to.

Make this you time, take the time YOU need to recover, don't push it, don't be super human. The results will be well worth a few days of sitting on your butt!
Back to top Go down
Kitkatkoe

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptyWed 24 Nov 2010, 11:04 pm

[b]I feel your pain... For me it took a good 2 weeks to not feel like I had been kicked in the stomach by a mule... however I had my gall bladder removed at the same time so had that to contend with too..

The thing that they didnt prepare me for was the head side of things... from week 4 to week 8 I honestly felt like i was going insane..

All worth it though.. the pain is now a distant memory and the results be it slow have made it all an amazing experience
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 4:18 am

When I had my band removed in Sept this year, it took me at least 2 weeks to start to feel like my old self again....and that was just a band removal.

I think everything takes a toll on our bodies, especially the anesthetic. I honestly felt like I had been hit by a truck and then backed over by the said truck! My op is on Thursday this week and I know I will feel like poop for ages.

Don't be too hard on yourself, you will get there it just takes time. As Miss Vicki said, don't worry about the house work, just park your butt up somewhere nice and comfy and catch up on some reading, TV or whatever relaxes you, slow walks and chill :)

Big hugs,

Jiggly x

Back to top Go down
Miss Vicki

Female
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-11-06

PostSubject: I think you are worried to early!   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 3:16 am

Hi Busy Bee!

My operation was on Wednesday, and I am not expecting to feel normal for another couple of weeks at least!! You really need to look after yourself and REST...it will happen, i dont think you should try and rush anything just yet.....You definatley need to listen to your body... My surgeon when he discharged me this morning reminded me to go and enjoy the sun 25 mintues a day, and go for slow walk down the street, AND THATS IT...forget the washing and floor sweeping for a few more days at least........

Hope I dont sound silly, but you actually did have major surgery......you need to try and take it easy!!

Back to top Go down
Busy Bee

Female

PostSubject: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 2:38 am

Hi everyone, I am today on day 6 post op. I realise my insides have been through the ringer and are probably still swollen and in need of much more healing, but I'm honestly still feeling like shit! I have normally got a very high pain threshold and normally recover VERY quickly from surgery/sickness/injury. I've had two c/s's (one emergency, one under general aneasthetic) and a week out from those I was pretty much feeling back to normal.

But I don't.... I'm not in pain, just VERY VERY uncomfortable. All the time. My chest hurts/feels blocked when I swallow liquids and its not really getting any better as the days go by.... I've still got shoulder pain intermittantly in my left shoulder, my energy levels are non existant and when I do make myself do something (like load the washing machine, sweep the floor) it literally makes me weak, light headed and almost faint. I have to lay down immediatley.

I am on nexium each morning for reflux, I am also taking panodol for pain relief and my multi vitamin. I'm finding it hard to get in all the liquids I should be each day, which is probably contributing to my weakness... its a catch 22.

So if you too felt like this, how long was it until you started feeling good and normal again? At week 2 or 3 or worse?? I'm really starting to worry if something else is wrong or am I just being impatient and need to give my body time to heal and get over the shock of surgery??

What do you all think??
thanks

When will I feel 'normal' again? 308167
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When will I feel 'normal' again?   When will I feel 'normal' again? Empty

Back to top Go down

When will I feel 'normal' again?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: