Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
girltuesday

Female
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-11-01

So grateful for this forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 8:28 am

Thanks so much Gail for your lovely words. Yes, one week to go and today I have indeed been feeling a bit fed up/low. Head hunger, why me, can't believe I'm doing this etc etc. But because I have been visiting this forum I am comforted to know it seems to be normal pre-op feelings. Trying to counter negative thoughts with positive ones. Every time I read back over my research or weigh up the pros and cons I know I'm doing the right thing. Thank you for your support. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 7:50 am

Hi GT,

Just give what you are happy to on here, nobody expects anything more from you.
The lead up to surgery can get a little emotional and we are here if you need us, it is fantastic to have people to share with that have been exactly where you are today.

Good luck honey and if you need help just sing out.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 12:46 pm

welcome.... yep this forum is fabulous! looking forward to hearing how you go!
Back to top Go down
girltuesday

Female

PostSubject: Re: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 12:33 pm

Back to top Go down
JulieM
JulieM

Female
Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 9:52 am

Welcome to the group and welcome to November sleevers, come an have a look under sleevers monthly, November sleevers I will add you to the list in the morning when I do it again.
Your journey has had many humps and bumps like many of us on here and you are taking steps to make it smoother so good for you.
Keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
girltuesday

Female

PostSubject: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum EmptySun 21 Nov 2010, 12:55 am

Hi everyone,
Thought I'd introduce myself formally. I'm 43 with a hubby and 4 kids. Having a gastric bypass on the 29th of November. I've struggled with weight since I was a child but my weight has gone from 72 kgs at age 20 to a high of 133 kgs now (which seems to be my set-point). I have been considering surgery for about 3 years because of the realisation that I really can't do it without help, and also because of health issues such as insulin resistance/PCOS?, sore joints, recently high BP, endometriosis, daily exhaustion, and the fear of what this may mean for my future if I don't lose weight. A couple of people have said they think I'm brave. But I think it would be braver to face the risks of morbid obesity and do nothing.
Anyway, I am so grateful for this forum. As my surgery gets closer, this forum has been invaluable for information and reassurance. Thank you all so much! I would be happy to be added to the November group so I can perhaps be a source of info for others who are considering the type of surgery I am having.

Last edited by girltuesday on Sun 21 Nov 2010, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't feel comfortable with some of the info I posted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So grateful for this forum   So grateful for this forum Empty

Back to top Go down

So grateful for this forum
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: