AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Finding my 'off-switch' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 8:12 am

Hi Middlegirl and welcome.
It isn't easy joining anything new so good on you for saying hi to us all.
Ants you explained it to perfection, I love the feeling of being full. Always did, only now it happens a lot lot faster.
Never feel like I am missing out and just love the outcome.

Good luck on your journey, Hope that you love it as much as I have.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
MiddleGirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 10:04 am

Thank-you all so much for the warm welcome! It is lovely to hear from long-termers and newbies alike.

myeverest, many thanks for your well wishes. I hope I can enjoy success like you already have. You must feel amazing to have lost so much weight already (and so much of it pre-op, fantastic!).

Carrie and Caz - your trailblazing is inspiring! Please continue to share your experiences and advice, which are so helpful to all of us looking into the sleeve.

Bezza, you are so right about medication – I have never needed any before, so this is all a shock to my system and I dream of coming off all or some of them.

antsinmypants, it is motivating to hear that I may one day be able to feel full. I think I lost that sensation long ago. Thanks for relating that positive story.

Thanks again everyone.

MiddleGirl
Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 8:42 am

Hi MiddleGirl

Its interesting that you say you can't find your "off-switch" - as I had this exact conversation with my mum on the weekend.

I’ve been sleeved for 3 months now and we went for dinner at my parents. I dished up my dinner, and ate it, and that was that. (pre-sleeve I would have been up for seconds, and thirds!!)

My mum asked me if I’d had enough and I said – yep, I’d love some more, but if I continue to eat – its not pretty!!! (meaning I’d be sick if I forced anymore down) . I’d finished eating and was at a comfortable level.
I told them if I ate more (like, one more small mouthful), then I’d feel really uncomfortable, and then if I ate the same again – it would probably all come back up – and that’s not pretty!

Mum asked me if the feeling was different now to pre-sleeve.
YES! Totally – was my answer. I never used to feel full like I do now. I could just eat and eat and eat. It was never this uncomfortable to keep eating.

Now I find I have to stop, and most importantly I CAN stop eating. (found my off switch!)
Sometimes I think “I can have it later” – but usually I’m so full, that I don’t bother, or forget!!!

Good luck on your journey.. and don’t be shy!
Back to top Go down
Bezza
Bezza

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyTue 16 Nov 2010, 8:11 am

MiddleGirl wrote:

In the meantime, I developed sleep apnoea and have been using a CPAP for a couple of months now. Then last month, I was diagnosed with the obesity double-whammy: diabetes and hypertension. Yay for me. Well done, I say.

Hey Middlegirl,

I hear you loud and clear, in the last 18 months i was diagnosed with sleep apnoea, type 2diabetes, hypertention/blood pressure and most recently arthritis in my anckles and one knee. Talk about depressing. it all came on at once and before you know it your taking enough pills in the morning to ensure you rattle every time you get up.

It was motivation for me to seek permanent change, it's a tough call but when your quality of life starts to crumble, well you know you gotta do somthing.

So welcome, your not alone.

Cheers

Bezza
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 9:04 pm

Welcome and you are definitely making the right decision! Just imagine life without the CPAP or the double whammy!!!

Not to mention looking heaps better.

Good luck
Caz
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 8:18 am

Hi Middle Girl,

I know you've been here awhile but, Welcome :-)

Congratulations on your decision to be sleeved, I took a while to commit to surgery too (I was considering a lap-band) but once I heard about the sleeve I just knew it was right for me. I am so happy with my sleeve and it gets better all the time. You are going to love the changes it helps you make to your life.

I look forward to chatting more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 7:11 am

Hi middlegirl and welcome to the forum.
Great introduction and good luck with your journey with the sleeve.
Finding my 'off-switch' 542174 Finding my 'off-switch' 542174 Finding my 'off-switch' 542174 Finding my 'off-switch' 542174 Finding my 'off-switch' 542174
Back to top Go down
MiddleGirl

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' EmptyMon 15 Nov 2010, 6:58 am

Hello everyone,

I have been trawling this site for some time and would like to thank you all for your open and informative posts. Since your experiences have been so helpful to me, I figure it's only fair that I come out of hiding and introduce myself (Who knows - someone might one day benefit from reading my experience too?!).

I have struggled with food for most of my adult life, and it has become an enormous burden - I have just never been able to find my 'off-switch'. I am 162cm tall and weigh about 97ks (BMI 37ish), depending on the day.

I am not very far down this path. My doctor has been recommending this surgery for some time, but I always felt I could do it myself (of course, that never happened). Amongst the usual surgical uncertainties, the prohibitive cost was also a major factor, as well as time off work. But I did rejoin PHI over a year ago, just in case, and my GPs recommendation did motivate me to research the sleeve.

In the meantime, I developed sleep apnoea and have been using a CPAP for a couple of months now. Then last month, I was diagnosed with the obesity double-whammy: diabetes and hypertension. Yay for me. Well done, I say.

This week, I see the surgeon for the first time. He comes highly recommended, and I am looking forward to asking him a lot of questions.

I am a little forum-shy, so posting my introduction is a big step.

MiddleGirl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding my 'off-switch'   Finding my 'off-switch' Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding my 'off-switch'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: