shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Anybody like me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody like me???   Anybody like me??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 5:20 am

Hi and welcome to the GSS site.
Im sure youll find this site supportive and informative.Dont be afraid to post any questions etc you would like to know there is always members willing to help.
As new member please have a read of the forum rulesand also the welcome to newbies thread
You are welcome to start a diary in the diary section to track your journey and read about othere members experiences.
There is a preop and post op section that has lots of great info.
Goodluck and keep us informed
cheers
shelly
Back to top Go down
Sweetbee703
Part of the furniture
Sweetbee703

Female
Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Anybody like me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody like me???   Anybody like me??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 3:04 am

Hi Vicki,

Congratulations on taking the first step in the great journey of weight loss!

I started exactly where you are right now. I am only two weeks out since the surgery but i am so very happy with my decision.

My doctor wants me to get just under 60 kilos, but i want to get to 56 kilos as that was the all time weight before babies since highschool days!

There are many options to lose 30 kilos such as diets, medications, exercise and blah blah blah... i agree that they all work they did work for me everytime i lost 30 kilos they all came back within 6 months to one year time. But i could'nt go on with the yo-yo style anymore, so i chose sleeve as a more suitable option for myself and i did not choose band for the sole reason of my busy work life and also having very young family i cannot make those trips to the doctors for fills and i will only neglect the band by not keeping my appointments so..here I am with a tiny tummy and happy so far!

Don't be surprised if your GP does'nt know what sleeve is most of them don't i had to show mine pictures of the operation to explain what i had done 2 weeks ago!

Anyways this site is just gold, and has every piece of information you will need for your journey.. and people here are just fantastic is all i can say.. you probably won't get this much support from your own family members. Thats all i can say!

All the best for your GP appointment, try making a list of diets you might have done so far, and he/she will obviously have your history of medications such as duromine (if any) and list of gym memberships (year wise) and explain how this problem is affecting your life and i am sure the doctor will understand where your coming from!

Let us know how you went.

Hugs

Sonia x

Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Anybody like me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody like me???   Anybody like me??? EmptySat 13 Nov 2010, 1:39 am

Welcome Vicki.....
First of all stop punishing yourself! I was in the same boat as you last year. Tried all the diets under the sun but the weight just came back on! Until I realized that getting the weight off was not the issue but keeping it off was I thought I could lose weight the " normal" way! I had the sleeve done with approximate 35kg to lose and I have a bit to go but have never once regretted having the sleeve! I am more healthier and happier than what I have been in years.... So go for it and don't look back!
Back to top Go down
Vixen

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Anybody like me??? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody like me???   Anybody like me??? EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

Hi,
I am very new to all of this, have reached the point where I am considering the op. My girlfriend had the sleeve done and has had great success, losing nearly 60kg. I'm not sure though and would love some info from people that have had it done who have similar details to myself - I'm feeling my getting it is unjustified and that maybe I just haven't tried hard enough myself. I am just so sick of it being such a large part of my life and don't want to have to think about it anymore!
I'm 169cm and usually between 100-105kg, my BMI sits around 35 so I have only around 30-35kg to lose to get where I need to be healthy, is this enough to have the op? Are there others out there that have had this op with only 30kg to lose?
Any info would be greatly appreciated to help me make a decision - I'm booked in to see my GP!
Cheers,
Vicky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anybody like me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody like me???   Anybody like me??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody like me???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: