AuthorMessage
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

An emotional intro... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptyMon 22 Nov 2010, 9:44 am

Hi Jan,

Being the same age as you and having been in the same place as you I can sympathize.
If your husband is really concerned sit him down with a coffee and tell him to start reading.

This is without doubt the best gift that I could have ever imagined receiving. I am 51, at goal weight and loving my life.
I run around with my grand daughter all the time and I just keep going and going and going. Bit like the energizer bunny really LOL

If anyone had told me 2 years ago that this was possible I would have laughed so hard I would probably have wet myself .
I had only 2 nights in hospital, no pain just some discomfort, have not vomited once and am so so so happy that I did it.

Good on you, I look forward to hearing your progress.

Hugs Gail

Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Hi Jan   An emotional intro... EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 10:53 am

Welcome and congratulations on making the decision that will change your life in the positive. The time will go quickly, and you will most prob feel excited and scared at the same time. I felt that way and have found so many othr people feel or felt that way. Any doubts just get it out into the open and work through it. I have found the people on here very supportive and encouraging.
Look forward to chatting to you in the near future. An emotional intro... 446871 An emotional intro... 217555
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptyMon 01 Nov 2010, 1:36 pm

Hi Jan,cant wait to see you on the losers bench...
All the best,
Sharon.
An emotional intro... 217555
Back to top Go down
Catsmum
Catsmum

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 8:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your support and replies. I think the reversable issue is from a medical standpoint (incase you have probs later on, I guess). I certainly want something permanent too. I am going to contact Dr's rooms today to find out the lead times for both Dr Talbot and Dr K as I have gathered that with Dr Talbot I could be in for a long wait and I want to get this done, yesterday if possible. LOL.
Jan
Back to top Go down
Cazza
Cazza

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 7:00 am

Welcome . I saw Dr Kuzinkovas from Dr Talbot's rooms and he talked me around from Lapbanding to having the Sleeve! I am only five weeks out and am glad I changed my mind. Dr K is lovely, listens to your concerns and is very understanding. I have been fine since the op - two nights at St George Private (fantastic hospital), no problems with recovery and am on my way to shedding all those extra kilos! Ask as many questions you can and I am sure you will be fine. That doesn't mean that you will not stop worrying wether you have made the right decision until those kilos start coming off! Even as I layed on the operation table I thought am I doing the right thing - 5 weeks later and I know I have made the right decision An emotional intro... 65317
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 5:27 am

Welcome!
And ditto - needed non-reversible.
And I was also terrfied of dumping.
Make a list of questions for Dr T - he was my doc, too, and was very patient with my very long list of questions!
Good luck - oh, and say hi for me!
Chris
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 5:04 am

Agree........at my age I wanted something permanent.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 3:49 am

Re it not being reversible. That was something I said when trying to make a decision. Someone very wise asked me why I would ever want it reversed, and they were right. I don't for a minute think I could maintain my weight if I could eat large quantities again.

And it certainly worked for me!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 3:27 am

Hi Jan and welcome to the forum.

You will love the sleeve. I love it, have no regrets what-so-ever.
I am now fit and healthy and living a normal life, big difference from the mess I was in 15 months ago.

I agree with Maria you can eat anything, but you have to eat healthy and get your protein in first. My tastes have changed, there is lots of things I no longer eat or drink.

I enjoy the food I eat now, and have become a taster, especially when they put on those big morning teas at work!! I taste a bit of this and a bit of that!

Good luck with your journey. Please feel free to ask questions.

An emotional intro... 217555 An emotional intro... 217555

Cheers Jan
Back to top Go down
Catsmum
Catsmum

Female

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 3:21 am

Thanks Maria, I agree that we are supposed to be able to eat normal things but small portions. That's what I am after. I know I'll have to work on the between meals snacks as that is probably where I'll find it most difficult.
Jan
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 3:11 am

welcome to the fabulous forum! Keep reading and asking questions as you will make the right decision for you. I can tell you the sleeve is fabulous..... you can eat anything you like but in smaller portions which is what we are suppose to do! Good luck and take care!
Back to top Go down
Catsmum
Catsmum

Female

PostSubject: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... EmptySun 31 Oct 2010, 2:54 am

Hi all,
What a great forum. I have been reading the site all morning but I have also been crying heaps, because there are so many supportive people out there. I have been following the Tony Ferguson diet for 6 days now but sat here this morning and ate my way thru an entire packet of Monte Carlo biscuits as I related to the stories here and wallowed in self pity and fear. Fear, because I know that my life will soon change drastically and I know that is going to bring some huge hurdles. Wallowing in self pity - well I seem to have done that very well for my entire life. But at the same time I am soooo excited to be embarking on this life changing journey - Bring It On !!!!!
I had my initial consult with Dr Talbot's offsider - Dr Seeley, last week which I found a bit strange. I definately don't want Lap Banding, so he appeared to have a definate leaning to RNY Bypass. I am very keen on Sleeving as I have a horrible fear of "dumping" that can be associated with the bypass. (I was on Xenical a few years back, and it was horrendous. I even had an incontinent episode a week after stopping the drugs. Absolutely shocking.) Dr Seeley's main point against sleeving was the lack of long term stats on keeping the weight off and my husband is strongly against it due to it's unreversability. But after all the positive things I have read here, it's still my pick. I have 2 weeks till I see Dr Talbot so I'll be doing heaps more reading till then.
Anyhoo, I really look forward to your support and to supporting others when I get to the other side.
Jan Age 51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An emotional intro...   An emotional intro... Empty

Back to top Go down

An emotional intro...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: