mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Newbies - check you messages! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:24 pm

I still have quite a few messages in my outbox to Newbies in Perth..... have a look everyone in your message box - top of the forum to the right... click on and you will see your inbox!

Happy reading everyone!
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 10:31 pm

Morning all!
I am thankful for this thread - because I have Never used the Search button - did not even realise it was there, that's how briefly I looked at the menu bar!
So thanks for the information, and in retrospect, thanks for putting up with probably many repeated questions.
That being said, I am totally new to forum use, and everyone on here has been extremely helpful and whilst it has taken me some time to work my way around, I would hate to have missed so much of the information provided on almost every subject one could imagine.

Now, back to reading.
Ozzieloz
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 6:26 pm

Thanks, Carrie. You're right - and I wasn't have a go at anyone, just trying to help things run a little more smoothly. As you said, we're all here to help each other, and personally, I think we do that rather well.
And while we can pick and choose who to respond to or not, I think that sometimes newbies have felt a little disappointed that no-one has responded much when they've asked a question - and I feel that it's usually because it's been said so many times before.
Hope this clarifies.
Chris
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 2:49 pm

It's not that people don't want to help new members, anyone who spends time on this site knows that the members here go out of their way to help as much as they can. But it can be frustrating answering a question again and again when there is already a lot of information on the site about the same thing.

It is also much easier for people who do use the "Search" feature (the tab is at the top of the page) to find answers to their questions, if the information on a particular problem is all together. This is why we ask you to read first, then ask questions if you can't find answers.

If you read the forum rules (as all members should) you will see that the first one is:
• Before you post: A search should be done to see if your questions have not been already posted. If you post on a subject where a thread is already existing, your thread will be deleted.

Rather than deleting, we try to merge repeated questions into the existing thread... however it can take a lot of time which wouldn't need to be spent if more people used the "Search" tab. Mods are members too and like to have time to read and participate in the forum.

Here are two links that all new members should read (they are both in the "Welcome to Newbies" section):
Forum Rules and Please read before posting new topics

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 12:04 pm

Yes some don't know the computer that well..... so just have a play.. you won't delete anything important! That is how I taught myself computers.......

Go for it....
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 11:39 am

I find the site a bit hard to navigate, which is why I have trouble searching

Perhaps if you don't want to answer the same questions again... then, don't? I've no doubt there are people here who would be happy to help out us green noobs.

Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySun 24 Oct 2010, 2:17 am

Just a quick note of "hear hear" to both maria and chris...I felt really bad when I eventually worked out to check my messages (about a month after joining the forum -- maybe longer) and discovered PMs that had been sent to me WEEKS before :(

S
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 1:55 pm

Actually, I have another suggestion for newbies - most of your questions have already been answered on here, so before posting a question, why not do a search? It saves the rest of us from having to answer the same questions over and over again.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

PostSubject: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! EmptySat 23 Oct 2010, 11:28 am

Hi Newbies.... just thought I would give a heads up to the Newbies... if you click on the message button (inbetween Profile and Logout button top of your screen!)... you may have received a message from people on the forum... stalking you or something! LOL...

The Perth Newbies may have received a message from me regarding the next get together! Don't want you to miss out on the fun do we!

Have fun reading!

Last edited by mapmar on Mon 25 Oct 2010, 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbies - check you messages!   Newbies - check you messages! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbies - check you messages!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: