neljatye
Jigglypuff
Thor
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyFri 12 Nov 2010, 5:34 am

Hello, fellow 50 girl!

It is a fascinating new branch of life, having a true solution to the weight problem.

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 11:09 am

Newbie in WA 355206 kerri and welcome to the Forum.Try and get along to one of the Perth meet-ups,They are all really nice people, and you can see first hand what life is like after the Sleeve.(We are not freaks) only joking.Once again,all the best and welcome.

Hope to meet you soon,
Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyWed 10 Nov 2010, 7:54 am

Hi Kerri,

Congratulations on the upcoming surgery AND ON TURNING 50 LOL

I had the sleeve as a gift to myself for my 50th birthday, the best birthday present I have had in my whole life.
In fact I enjoyed the whole process soooo much I went in this year for a tummy tuck for my 51st birthday.
I am just loving my life to bits and love being over 50 even more.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptySat 06 Nov 2010, 9:57 am

sssss wrote:

Wouldn't it be great if you and Jo are in the same hospital...you'll be able to terrorise the corridors together (depends who Jo's surgeon is).
S

Wouldnt that be scary! hehe...I will have to find out now from Kerri which hospital shes in. I never made the connection of the date and same city...duh...too much opti D'oh

Thanks S........Jiggly (Jo)
Back to top Go down
Bezza
Bezza

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptySat 06 Nov 2010, 8:43 am

Welcome Kerri,

I am new too, I have been around the net and forums for years and folks here seem very supportive and friendly. There's lots of info here too, it's only natural to feel excited and nervous all at once, it is after all no small thing we do here, but you know you have somwhere to come and chat with others going through the same journey. Thats some small comfort, i know it is for me.

welcome anyway, from one newbie to another :)
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyThu 04 Nov 2010, 11:40 pm

Hi Kerri and welcome to the site...

As others have said...have a fossick through the site you'll find lots of info here. Wouldn't it be great if you and Jo are in the same hospital...you'll be able to terrorise the corridors together (depends who Jo's surgeon is).

Roxy, I think Kerrie may be from the Australian WA (Western Australia) but could be making a false assumption there and she is really enjoying the wonders of Washington state....

Libster, like mapmar says, don't try comparing yourself with others...I lost barely any weight in the couple of weeks immediately post surgery...you will move through at the speed that is right for you...

Hope those of you from Western Australia get a chance to join us soon at one of the gettogethers Mapmar organises -- she is great at it and they are a good opportunity to catch up with others.

S
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptySat 30 Oct 2010, 5:11 am

Hi Libster,
Congratulations on your weight loss so far. My Surgeon is Alan Thomas too...so glad to hear your recovery was uneventful, thats the best I'm hoping for!. I agree that Alan and Nikki are an amazing team. 3 weeks to go for me :)

Jiggly
Back to top Go down
libster

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: new beginning   Newbie in WA EmptySat 30 Oct 2010, 2:02 am

Thanks Maria,
I will be away on the 20th November, but will be keen to catch up another time,.
have a great day. Newbie in WA 110673
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 12:21 pm

welcome libster.... try not to compare yourself to anyone else... it does your head in! everyone is different and we do different things, eat differently etc etc....

I am hosting a get together on the 20th Nov and you are quite welcome to come and have a chat to people who have been sleeved for a short time, long time and not done as yet.... info is at this link....
http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/sleever-s-get-togethers-f10/pot-luck-dinner-perth-all-newbies-welcome-t4848.htm

good luck with everything and you won't regret getting the sleeve done!
Back to top Go down
libster

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: new beginnings   Newbie in WA EmptyFri 29 Oct 2010, 10:06 am

Hi I am new to this site but found it really helpful in my lead up to my sleeve. I am now 5 weeks post op, and have lost 10kg, I have had a very uneventful recovery, it has been much easy than I had expected, but I had a fantastic surgeon, Dr Alan Thomas, his team of secretaries and his dietician Nikki are awesome,

My only issue is I keep comparing myself to a friend who was sleeved 5 months ago and she had lost 11kg in her first 2 weeks and has lost 31 kg to date and she doesn't want to lose anymore. I guess I was expecting the same result, logically i know slow is better, but I would be interested in other peoples losses,
But I am very happy with my decision to have it done, and I wish you ladies that are having your surgery soon all the best.
Newbie in WA 877290
Back to top Go down
Roxy1731

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyTue 26 Oct 2010, 5:05 am

Hi I am Roxy and I am having surgery on Dec 6 at Puget Sound Surgical Clinic . That is in Edmond Wash. Are you in Wash.
Back to top Go down
MrsSea

Female
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-07-06

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 4:59 pm

Hey Kerri!

I'm also having the sleeve on November 23! Where are you going to have it?

Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 8:13 am

Hi Kerri and welcome,

Congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve, and your November date. I'm 50 too (for another couple of months anyway, LOL) and had my sleeve op in Feb this year. Life post sleeve is fantastic, I still have a way to go but am already so much heathier and happier, and it just keeps getting better.

Have a good look around the site, here are some links to get you started: The Diaries , Pre-op & Post-op sections should all be helpful. Along with the November Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site and if you want to set up a ticker in your signature, the instructions are there.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to do their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 4:21 am

Hi Kerri and welcome and crongrats on you decision and your date....the time will fly now.... you will love it on here there is always someone who will pop in with advice and support....
Nerida
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 12:23 am

Hi Kerri,
Yes, your post made it here! Lovely to hear from you. I am having my sleeve done on the 25th of November, so not too far behind you. You may like to add your name to the 'November Sleever' thread, its a great place to find support (as is the whole forum actually).

Have a look around, there is a ton of information on here and lots of lovely people to share their experiences with you.

hugs....Jiggly (Jo)

Back to top Go down
Thor

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010, 11:54 pm

Good Morning,
I am new to this site and am not to sure how this whole thing works. I am not even sure if this will make it onto the posting area. So here it goes....

I just turned 50 this year. Whew! I said it out loud I can't believe it, it seems like just yesterday I was 30 something. I never really had a weight problem when I was younger, probably because I was pretty active in sports along with lots of camping, hiking, fishing and hunting. However by my mid 30's, I started putting on the weight. Ugh from then on the struggle has been take some off put more on! Very frustrating indeed. So now due to some health issues the docs have decided that the Gastric Sleeve is the way to go for weight loss and better health. So on 23 Nov. 2010 I will be having it done. I am excited and yet a bit nervous about it.

Well that is about it in a nutshell for now. I look forward to seeing what this site has to offer.
Ya All have a nice day/night whichever it may be for you!

Kerri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie in WA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in WA   Newbie in WA Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie in WA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: