What is wrong with my tummy??

Go down 
+2
neljatye
Diamonds
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What is wrong with my tummy?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 3:46 pm

Hi, Diamonds.

When I had my three month check up in August my doctor had a good way of explaining where my stomach is right now. He had me touch the largest incision site and note that it is still hard and red colored. He then explained that the same situation is along the long cut where most of the stomach was taken off. Right now there is less flexibility along that scar than there will be later when more healing has happened. So, our tummies are not as pliable as they eventually will be.

I find I still need to plan more than three times to eat, and the snacks need to be protein - cheese, peanut butter and protein bars are my common choices right now. I certainly can snack on carbohydrates, but I know that is not the best choice for my energy level. If I eat carbohydrates and drink at the same time I get very full very fast, which also defeats the goal of maintaining a good protein level.

Hope this helps,

Zoe
Back to top Go down
Ann10
Ann10

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-01

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 1:35 am

HI Diamonds

I am 2 months out now and can eat most things. I can still eat at most about 50gms of meat and a small amount of vegies (mostly mash potato, pumpkin and one or two beans). Some days more, some days less. I tried to eat a very small muffin with a coffee yesterday, but only got half way through the muffin and half of the coffee. I think it is early days yet and we have a long way to go. So don't get to worried at this stage.

Ann
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 6:51 am

Hey diamonds
It's interesting isn't it - who ever thought you'd be worried about not eating enough? lol
Everyone is different, as you know, and it may just be that it is taking you a little longer to get there - it was that way for me, too.
Do talk to the doc about it, tho - s/he will know if there's a problem and sometimes people do have to get a stretch done for this reason (ssteph did and it helped her a lot).
Think about not having any carb, and sticking to protein and veg for now.
Please let us know how you go.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 2:51 am

The male of the species was done 2 weeks after me and until 12 month ate half what I did, Then boom he went to the same amount as me.

It is good to enjoy the window of tiny tiny tummy time. It is also important to remember to not push it but to keep working up. So that crumpet you have for breakfast, say have one bite out of the third quarter for the next week or so then 2 bites. Not doing the see how much of it I can eat thingie but gradual 1 bite more move on then wait a week and add yet another bite.

Do remember tho that any meat protien and bread type things ie crumpets will fill you very fast. Me nearly 3 years out is 2 crumpets fills me to the max if anything over fills me a tad. That is NOT 200ml or grams and I can eat 200-250ml comofrtably now but when it comes to things that swell up or are very tough to digest the rules on how much fit doest always work hehehe

I am not saying dont put that protien in I am just saying expect it to be a lot smaller amounts that you might expect. I cant eat a 250gram steak either but I can fit in 250grams made up of 150gram steak and 100grams of veg. See how it works.Oh and please dont see that as me say get in your veg and not your protien , as protien is your priority at this time. I am just trying to explain how much more room protin and for that matter bread pasta type things take up.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 2:32 am

I'd enjoy it while it lasts, Diamonds! I too can eat a less than a lot of other people at this stage, but I'm taking advantage of it while the weight loss window remains open.
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? EmptyThu 09 Sep 2010, 1:41 pm

Diamonds
I can drink well and larger sips now....but when it comes to food i am like you i can not eat much at a time....still about 5 teaspoons.....i too have been seeing people post what they eat nd it is way more than i can.....interesting though to see....don't even feel like eating between the 3 meals (lol @ meals) i am getting in now.....drink fluids instead but only because i push myself.....i think everyone is different and maybe it depends on the type of food.....there is no way i could eat a whole crumpet either but i will have a piece of toast with cheese but i cut all the crusts off and am left with a small square and i just get through that.....
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is wrong with my tummy??   What is wrong with my tummy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is wrong with my tummy??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: