AuthorMessage
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-03-09

2 months out and still hovering  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 6:06 am

Yes emily I kno its just awful, but I hve found 6 small meals is working, unless its just a coincidence
Yrs & yrs ago a gp told me to eat 6 times a day if u hve a slow motabulision (can't spell it). I eat anything except rice, boiled potato & bread all give me pain & indigestion. I can eat them if there is a sauce on them but minute amounts. X Jan
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 5:35 am

Glad to hear you're moving again.

I need to start planning my menu instead of eating just what I know I am tolerating.. I am not losing fast at all and it is very depressing to keep seeing the same numbers on the scale. It's unbelievable when you know how little you're eating!
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 5:34 am

Congrats Jan! So you changed it up from 3 meals to 6 and that worked?
Back to top Go down
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 3:28 am

Happy days - I say that with caution..........after my initial 8 kg post op, 2+ months out and the scales are moving finally.......hooray........hovering is so depressing when it lasts so long. I have changed the way I am eating.... I am having 6 small meals a day, well three & three snacks.
Thanks to all who said it wld happen, patience is not 1 of my virtues.

2 months out and still hovering  487524
Back to top Go down
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:49 am

Thank u so much daisy.... I know I'm not alone but it is frustrating after two months... A doc this morn said my goal was too low....but I'm leaving out at 75k he said 85 is more realistic....I will c when I get closer hows peter doing. Xx
Back to top Go down
daisy
Part of the furniture
daisy

Female
Number of posts : 354
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 1:23 pm

Hi Maid Marion
I know plataues are very frustrating,but hang in there. My second month after the op l didnt lose anything but had lost 10 kilos in the first month, and now losing everyweek so hang in there it will happen

Daisy
Back to top Go down
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 1:09 pm

Cheers

2 months out and still hovering  446871
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:57 pm

Aww Jan Im thinking of you. I agree maybe you arent eating ENOUGH? I suppose if your strict diet isnt working, its worth a try eating more and seeing what happens? Change it up? Even for a week or 2.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:51 pm

I know what you mean... I have been "stable" for months now....
I have decided to write a menu plan for the week as I know that the days that I do eat enough protein/food I lose weight....so back to basics and planning for me!
Back to top Go down
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm

Thanks girls... For yr support xx
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 12:21 pm

You aren't alone. I haven't got any pearls of wisdom but I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.

Hugs ...
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:49 am

Thanks pauline.... I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough....my body won't let go....its harder to stay focussed when yr not loosing....thanks again...will check out the post now.
Back to top Go down
cos im worth it
Part of the furniture
cos im worth it

Female
Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:24 am

This link that Zoe posted some time back may help
http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:16 am

Hi Jan
I can't help you as i'm only a month out but wanted to say how frustrating
Plateaus can be a real pain!
Maybe could you change your diet at all? ie swap white pasta for wholegrain, eat different types of foods than usual - maybe shock your body a bit?

sorry i can't be of much help - good luck and i'm sure it will move, just like they're saying.
fingers crossed it is soon for you
mel
Back to top Go down
maidmarion99
Part of the furniture
maidmarion99

Female

PostSubject: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:08 am

hello, I am 2 months post op and have not lost anything since going onto real food. I am hovering around the 90kg up and down now for two months. Not eating anywhere near as much as I used to. trying to eat mostly protein. am having small amount of porridge for brekky or 1 weetbix. with lite soy milk....everyone keeps saying (including Dr France) it will happen but I want to know when... I havent been on this site for ages because I get more frustrated when I see others loosing. any ideas.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 months out and still hovering    2 months out and still hovering  Empty

Back to top Go down

2 months out and still hovering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: