AuthorMessage
mamacoops
Part of the furniture
mamacoops

Female
Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Ravenous after 2 hours Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:22 pm

hey... could it be acid??
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptySun 12 Sep 2010, 12:02 am

Hi,
My first thought would be that you are eating too fast, that is a very common thing for us to do.
I used to use a tea spoon, half fill it, eat that bit and wait. I actually used to eat at the computer so that I would leave time between mouthfuls.

If you are feeling crappy you can ring me any time for a chat you know I don't mind and I am just sitting around the house having a cuppa LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
netty9526
netty9526

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2010-05-23

PostSubject: i am hungry too   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptySat 11 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

day after op i was so hungry but when i went to eat it just hurt .Now two weeks later i still get so hungry but when i eat i throw up ?????
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyThu 09 Sep 2010, 10:37 am

I am nearly 9 months out and still eat 6 times a day, otherwise you don't get enough protein with eating only small amounts of food.

The stomach continues to function normally after sleeve surgery.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm

Dieticians are all different, methinks!

Mine, at that stage, suggested 6 smaller meals per day.

It worked well for me.
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 11:10 am

Just as an example, tonights dinner was homemade bolognaise without the pasta. I managed to eat 55g (total weight) but that was probably one teaspoon to much as I was very, very full. The total protein was about 15g ... according to my dietitian if I do that three times a day that should be good enough - so say 45g of protein a day. Most of the stuff I've read points to 70-100g of protein a day (every bit of information varies) ... anyway, that is why I am so over the dietitian ...
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:04 am

My dietitian ... don't get me started! I was told to have three meals only a day and basically put up with the hunger in between meals. Easy for her to say - she doesn't get migraines from getting too hungry! Sheesh, it's not as if I am eating at full capacity!

If I do try to "put up" with the hunger I just overeat when I do eat as I am so hungry ... feel sick, feel major pain and get very down on myself from the overeating. So I too eat frequently throughout the day - six small meals a day. I have a drink or coffee when I am hungry just to make sure it is not "head hunger" and even to try to trick my body to avoid eating but it doesn't work, I am usually looking for food within 15-20 minutes.

The one thing I have read on this forum in many different posts is 'protein, protein, protein" ... it is filling and I don't go looking for food 15 minutes later.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 4:36 am

I'm 6 wks postop today, and I eat very frequently too. I can only tolerate v small serves of most things, and I'd have no hope of getting in enough calories/protein otherwise. I just make sure I do keep track of the total amounts I'm taking in, and choose small things like yoghurt, jello, string cheese etc for snacks. I may be addicted to string cheese actually - I eat 2-4 sticks per day (50 cal, 6-8g protein each).
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 3:18 am

Hey WSU
You look like you're eating a great range of foods (well done!)

Just wondering are you mistaking head hunger for real hunger
I feel hungry a LOT but i know that most of the time it's head hunger - doesnt mean i won't eat of course unfortunately!

Mel
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 2:47 am

Hi WSU
Looking at what you're eating, I think you're doing fine.
Remember that your body still hasn't adjusted yet - it's used to getting lots of food, and now it isn't getting it, but you're still on your feet all the time.
Also, it's only 4 weeks post-op - so you should still be on softish foods, and when you graduate to 'real' food, you will probably feel fuller.
One more thing to remember - sometimes we misunderstand our bodies and think that we are hungry when we are really thirsty - I'd heard this before and had a drink when hungry but it didn't help. Now it does! Might be worth a try for you, too.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:55 am

I just checked back in my diary, and at this stage I was eating something like this:

Brekky - Uncle Toby's oats for brekky - about 2/3 of it
Snack - Nestle Diet Yoghurt
Lunch - Two cruskits with cheese and tomato
Snack - Nectarine (I can eat fruit with no problem now)
Snack - V8 Vegetable Juice
Dinner - Half a diet frozen dinner (cooked, then whizzed up)

So what you are eating looks pretty good. Things go down better when they are a bit wetter at this stage - so perhaps the chicken was too dry. I found that Asian-type dishes worked best as they have sauce.

Perhaps add something like porridge for brekky - if you like it - as it seems to "stick to your ribs" a bit (as my grandmother used to say).

Hugs
Caz

Back to top Go down
Waysideunicorn
Waysideunicorn

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:46 am

On Monday ( a work day) I had (i feel like the very hungry catterpillar)

0600: small tin baked beans
0700-0900: 200ml skim milk and two shots espresso
1000: boiled egg and 3 strawberries
1230: tin of chicken and two cruskits
1345: (still hungry) 1/4 slice of wholemeal bread
1600: small tub of yoghurt
1830: 1/2 c couscous with vege and 2T chicken (it was nasty and dry so didnt go down well) with 1T greek yoghurt with mint
2045: 99% fat free hot choc and choc chip cookie

I seem to be eating all day/ I am keeping a record of what I eat on calorie king and really never go over 800 cal. Work is fairly busy, constant and I am always on my feet doing something. After dinner my hunger seems to settle and doesnt come back until morning

any and all ideas gratefully accepted and will try anything

much love

WSU
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 1:00 pm

I have the same feeling after about 2 hours! Its like my stomach is wanting to growl but cant quite get out the growl lol. It feels all empty and tense..
All my dietician told me was 'oh well yes you will feel that since you're not eating much and not eating snacks.' I was like.. uuuuhmm... thanks for the advice?!?!not.
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 11:06 am

i am hungry after stuff like cruskits, yoghurt, ice cream, protein shake (pre packaged one)

but i had lamb shanks tonight (well about 1/5 of one) and that fills me for ages

baked beans also fill me up a lot!

maybe post what you're eating and we can have a look - i'm 4 weeks too so we can compare
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 10:36 am

Could you maybe drop one meal for more fluids?

I dont know if this is a good idea or not (im not a dietitian!) so please check its ok but its all i can think of?
Back to top Go down
Waysideunicorn
Waysideunicorn

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 10:10 am

I am four weeks post op and have been told I can eat pretty much whatever my stomach can cope with. I can fit in about half a cup of food at each meal time and am having about six of these a day. I am still having problems getting fluids in. A cup of milk takes over an hour to drink. What concerns me is that I am ravenous two hours after eating. To the point that my stomach feels hollow and empty and almost painful. Has anyone else experienced this? Any hints on how to deal with this or prevent it from happening

WSU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravenous after 2 hours   Ravenous after 2 hours Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravenous after 2 hours
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: