13 posters
AuthorMessage
Loser4eva
Loser4eva

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2010-02-14

How many dress sizes did you lose? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 5:53 am

I have gone from a TS14+ size 24 to a size 14-12 since surgery in January 2010.

116kgs starting weight
now 77kgs it is truely amazing.

I agree black leggings and the OP shop and buy sale items tight or a size or two smaller then you have something to get into in a few months. Strechy cloths are also great!
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:05 pm

I bought a pair of size 16 slacks about 10 days ago and now they are too big.
Started as size 26-28 tops and 22-24 pants, although I had 26s in my wardrobe. Depending on the style some tops were 28.
I still like length in my tops so I have 20s but I can fit into 18s.
If I lose weight too fast then I will have to keep buying new clothes, I have to get a bit of value out of them.

Jenni
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 9:21 am

Well I was a size 26 and now I usually get into 14-16 thereabouts depending on style etc. Usually Medium tops, size 16 skirts and jeans etc and some of the tops are size 12s that fit me.. However, I can fit into a pair of size 14 jeans that I already had a home A bit snug, but can do them up. and OMG I got such a shock last week. my bf bought me this dress and I thought no way hose' is it going to fit as it was only a size 10, but it was made from a knit type of fabric, cross over at the bust area and hung down from under the bust and was above the knee (yes short skirt). Anyway tried it on and I have to say that I think I looked pretty hot in it. Now being a knit of course it was a wee bit clingy around the tummy (lose skin etc), so I dressed it up with an very light jacketty thing that drapped down the length of the dress (disguised the tummy). I was so happy to fit a size 10. Never thought that would happen. Well we went out that night and I think I got a few looks of admiration (well I hope that was what is was and not a look of omg check out the old broard - mutton dressed as lamb look. lol). Anyway bf thought I looked pretty sexy in it and so did a girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 10:06 pm

Yes, Gail, that's exactly right! What I was saying about the small overseas-made items...
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 2:21 am

I was a healthy 26 possibly 28.
Now 8 months and 40kg later, am hovering between 16 and 18, depending on the brand and item of clothing.
I'd love to end up a size 12 - 14.
One day!
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 1:13 am

Gail, I think black tights are going to be my staple item too! Always have been when i was too fat, and they arent doing me too bad so far whilst my jeans on the other hand are getting way too big lol. I have tried to stay away from the shops all together, went for a look one day and got so sad that i couldnt buy anything as it would be a waste lol. Too bad for me my gift vouchers I need to spend expire soon! I might wait until the very last week to use them.
Back to top Go down
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySun 05 Sep 2010, 12:14 am

I haven't changed size yet. How many dress sizes did you lose? 68366 How many dress sizes did you lose? 595690

Most of my clothes were a stretchy size 26. Oh well it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 11:28 pm

Yep and there is an occasional T shirt that says L and says Skinny Bitch that is actually a size 8. Isn't that right Chris LOL
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 10:09 pm

I was a 30-32 and now wear a 12-14 (but L or XL in the small overseas made ones!)
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 2:38 pm

Hi,

I actually don't go shopping much because I couldn't see the point of wasting too much money on the downward run if you know what I mean. I have pretty much gone from 20 KMart black tights to size 8 if I can find them if now 10. But my size was 22 to 26 depending on what it was to pretty average 12 on top to 10 on bottom.

I swear by black tights because you well and truly get your money's worth at $10 a pair LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 1:34 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies! Sssss I did see your post! How exciting goingshopping overseas!
Every day I am so amazed at how great everyone has done with their weight loss journey! Makes me happy eventhough I don't know anyone personally hehe.
Mel that really helps as I am around your highest weight size from what I can gather. Country road is pretty small sizing isn't it?
Thanks again for everyones help much appreciated
Back to top Go down
twoangels72
twoangels72

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-17

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 9:29 am

Hi WG,
I was 96kgs and am now down to 67kgs. I've gone from a size 18 to a 10-12. I bought a skirt and top from Country Road in a 12 for the skirt and 'small' for the top today. Can't tell you how exciting THAT was!
I've not lost any weight for 2 months which is a bit sad but if my body is going to stay here then i'm not complaining. Perhaps if I got myself to the gym I might see some more weight loss but I'm happy here. Sure beats 96kg!!!
Hope that helps,
Mel
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 5:00 am

I have gone from a 22-24 to an 8-10.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 4:40 am

Hi WG

I've been asking a similar question recently because I'm about to go shopping.

I've lost 30kgs -- was 105 to start with and have gone from a 20-22 to 14 so far...

Good luck with your deciding...

S
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 3:43 am

Hey Kylie yeah I understand it will vary sometimes ALOT in brands lol (which is so irritating but that's another post entirely) but I just want I dunno some kind of general estimate as I have no idea
Back to top Go down
smileykylie
Part of the furniture
smileykylie

Female
Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 3:30 am

Sorry I can't really help but I just want to agree about the brands being different sizes.

Good excuse to go shopping for the day and try on all those clothes we've never been able to try on before!!! =)
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 3:26 am

Wow Caz! That's amazing!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 2:44 am

Probably from an 18-20 (or more) and am now in a size 8 in most brands.

Of course brands vary and I am a 10 in jeans from Target.
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female

PostSubject: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 1:59 am

Hey everyone, just wondering how many dress sizes people lost? I am currently a 16 but it is getting loose and I have some vouchers to use up in the next month however no idea what I will end up being. Obviously it's very dependent on individual bodies and shape but generally how many sizes have you gone down? I can't imagine I'll get any lower than a 12. I have about 25kg to lose still and inknow it's apparently 5-7kg per size but that seems very generous to me. So how many kgs have you lost so far, and how many sizes? Thanks everyone :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many dress sizes did you lose?   How many dress sizes did you lose? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many dress sizes did you lose?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: