11 posters
AuthorMessage
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

dr told me......vomiting Empty
PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:25 pm

Oh god, don't remind of me of the nasogastric tube.. horrendous!
Back to top Go down
LeoMegs
LeoMegs

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi, I vomited the first day and felt nauseous for a few days. The first day was the worst. I put mine down to the nasal tube I had (I hadn't ever had one before). The surgeon agreed to let the nursing staff remove it by the end of day 1 because I couldn't stop it. I think it was the irritation on the back of my throat. On day 4 I also vomited, I put it down to not listening to my stomach. I was given custard on my tray - which I have always loved - the first bite was terrible and I decided to persevere. Bad mistake.

the good thing is, if you have nausea the nursing staff are excellent and will treat it. If you vomit, they'll help you ease everything. I cannot talk highly enough of our nursing staff and my very tolerant room mate.
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:55 am

hahaha very true everyone is different!
I chucked every day for a week after surgery! nothing I ate stayed down - it was the most annoying and frustrating experience - it wasn't what i was eating it was stomach - found out today its just overly sensitive!
I also had my gall bladder out but i get sick every winter with a tummy bug! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 10:33 am

I asked for anti nausea drugs so only felt sick on the first night and that was when i tried to walk around the ward (to get rid of the terrible gas). I sat down and retched half a dozen times (which didn't hurt at all i promise)
other than that no nausea (day 21 today) touch wood!
Back to top Go down
AliKat
Part of the furniture
AliKat

Female
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 8:21 am

It might be frustrating to read "everyone is different" but it is true. For me, I was so so lucky. Other than vomitting once just a day post-op - I drank too quickly and one major feeling of nausea after my great escape from ICU - two days and no shower, I rushed to the shower once I hit the ward and over did it, I thought I was going to throw up for an hour ... other than those two incidients, I have been fine.

I have wanted to throw up early on when moving onto mushy foods - I got so excited to be having more than liquids once or twice and just ate too much but no luck with anything coming back up ... I just had to sit there and wait for the food to go down the other way.

I am now six weeks post-op and all is well.
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:31 am

I have vomited quite a bit postop, usually if I eat too fast, I am so uncomfortable that I go and try to throw up otherwise I have 1-2hrs of sliming and ugh. Otherwise, trying to introduce new foods, even if I go very slow sometimes they seem to go down ok but they must hit the bottom and land on the ejector seat because they come back up.

I would have to say it's not like preop vomiting though - I HATED chucking before but now it's more like there's just not enough room and it pops back out. None of that chunks up your nose type explosive stuff!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 5:05 am

I had my gall bladder out 25 years ago.
I never get tummy bugs, ever!

Rarely vomit, lucky if I have vomited once in the past 10 years.

No vomiting, nausea, etc after my sleeve surgery what-so-ever.
Back to top Go down
aprilsun
aprilsun

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: dr told me   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:51 am

Hi Mama,
I was sleeved 6 days ago, no vomiting, no pain and no nausea. I know everyone is different, but the Gas Man has the drugs to help you come out of the surgery with less side effect, but if you are meant to have them , then you will.

My aneithestist, asked me all sorts of questions regarding previous surgeries and my reaction, and then he told me what meds he would use to help with the nausea and vomiting. Also when you get back to the ward, the nurse will pump any medications you need through the IV.

Its too hard to say what reactions you will have everyone is different. I had my Gallbladder removed about 15yrs ago, and when I came out of surgery I was nauseaous, and I vomited and had pain. I continued to have the nausea for a good month afterwards, everytime the kids got on the bed with me I felt like I was on a boat and everything was swaying.

Good Luck with your journey.

Take Care
Anna

Back to top Go down
antsinpants
Part of the furniture
antsinpants

Female
Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:48 am

I was sick on days 1 and 2 after surgery, but it was just slime/saliva.

The drain was very uncomfortable, and when I moved it made me feel (and sometimes be) sick...

Other than that, only once I've WANTED to be sick, because I over ate.. but I couldn't.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:24 am

People do indeed vomit... just while we're learning our tummies new limits. Don't overeat and you probably won't vomit.
Back to top Go down
mamaknows
mamaknows

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting EmptyTue 31 Aug 2010, 4:22 am

had my gall bladder out over 15 years ago and since then I've only thrown up twice.
everyone gets that "stomach bug" every year, I get the nausea and that's it. Dr. told me sometimes after gall bladder surgery some folks just don't throw up.
well the dr. who will be doing my surgery said "you will vomit afterward". is that common?
I've read quite a few posts and not seen evidence of it. Nausea I am expecting. Pain, for sure.
Vomiting ??????? you got me. anyone have this issue and if so was there a trigger...something i might need to avoid perhaps.
thanks for any info.....Di
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dr told me......vomiting   dr told me......vomiting Empty

Back to top Go down

dr told me......vomiting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: